Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Coimbatore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AbbasYour feedback matters!
At the time of baby sleeping ,he is not waking up after so many try and after some time he was normal wakeup and than sleep, is this behavior is normal for newborn baby.
I'm concerned about my son who is 2.3 months old very active in daily work fussy eater, he was a preterm baby he had high glucose level after birth so was kept in NICU my sons height is not increasing for average toddler my husband and his family has short height history my son looks lil older than his age and height what can I do please help.
My little baby is 4 years old. She is facing cough, and from 1 week there are so many bumps on her body like rashes. What is it? She not having fever at all.
My 3 years old daughter generally complaints pain down the knee in middle area of leg in bones. She is not much vocal but sometimes cries with pain during night. We also observed sometime she does not seems comfortable in walk. However from the starting we give her V D3 drops, calcium tab, milk and eggs which she likes most. What should we do doctor please guide.
My 5 months baby boy not gaining weight properly. I am feeding both my milk and formula milk. He is now 6 kgs. At born he is 3.3 kgs. What to do for gaining weight. I am worrying about him.
Hi 3.6 years daughter having cramp in stomach and thread like appearance in stool. Pls suggest what to do.
Sir my sister is suffering from ringworm since 2 months. She has 4 months baby recently we have found allergy at 2areas on stomach of baby. So my question is does the skin allergy will spread to baby via milk feeding from mother? Please answer in detail sir thank you.
Why does my son suffers from diarrhea and nausea after taking augmentin. He was recently given it for 7 days and on 9th day he started vomit and then complained of stomach pain and is still suffer from it. Last time when he took the same medicine he did suffer from loose motions and doctor advised enterogermina. So this time also I am giving enterogermina. Is it right.
Croup or ‘Kali Khansi’, as it is called in local parlance, is recognized by a loud cough that often sounds like the barking of a seal. It can cause rapid or difficult breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Croup is thought to be caused by a virus, but reflux acidity has been suggested as a possible trigger.
In gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach acid causes swelling and inflammation of the larynx, which narrows the airway. It can trigger more swelling with any kind of viral or respiratory infection.
Identifying children with gastroesophageal reflux disease could help treat and improve recurring croup. It is unusual for a child to have three or more bouts of croup over a short period of time. These children need to be evaluated.
The same is true for adults also. Patients with non responding asthma should be investigated for underlying acidity as the cause of acute asthma.
YOu can ask me privately in any doubts
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.
My daughter is 1.5 years old but she is not gaining weight up to the optimum of the child having 1.5 years old. Please suggest any treatment for that?
My son weight is not increasing for last 4 months sir. Could any body please suggest any tips to increase the weight. My son age is 22 months.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.