Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Counselling And Stress Management
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Online consultationYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful. Hi dr i try to control my selff tqq so much
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful, inspiring and knowledgeable. Thank u madam for ur answer for suggesting me to consult a doctor that can change the attitude of my son and could improve his sports talent as well.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful, caring, sensible, inspiring and knowledgeable. Tnq.if i want to consult doctor,my first preference will be you.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be caring, sensible, practical and very helpful. I actually relaxed reading her answer.Will hope to interact more with her.
Azing personality....never ever had a talk with this sort of person...this is called divine personality ...I have become fan of her ....May all the people be like her . U r true inspiration.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful, well-reasoned, caring, inspiring and knowledgeable. THNX MAM U R GREAT I LOVE YOUR ANSWER THNX ALOT
Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you lybrate... And doctor for making such suggestions
Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan provides answers that are well-reasoned. Yup u r right n your thought.. thanks a while
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful and saved my life. Thank you
Madam was able to suggest some life style changes which has also helped in overcoming my phase of depression.
I found the answers provided by the Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan to be very helpful. Thanks
Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan provides answers that are very helpful. thankn you..
Ms. M Sri Vidhya Venkatesan provides answers that are inspiring. Thanks
You had a hectic week and by the time weekend rolls in, all you just want to do is kick back and sleep. But in the blink of an eye, the weekend’s gone and you feel stressed because you wasted it. The weekdays are all about your work and the weekends should be about you. So, here are some tips to de-stress your weekend:
- Do some yoga: Yoga is a relaxing and calming activity. So bring out your yoga mat and stretch or meditate. You would feel your stress levels dropping immediately!
- Hang out with an old friend: Call up an old friend and go check out that new café you have heard so much about. Unwind over a cup of lazy afternoon coffee and you would be surprised how happy you feel afterwards.
- Sweat your stress out: If yoga isn’t your thing, hit the gym and sweat it out by doing some cardio or playing your favourite sport. Being active prevents heart diseases and helps you lose weight while making you happy and relaxed as well!
- Potluck dinners: Host a dinner where every one of your guests brings something to eat thus, cutting down on your stress of preparing a lavish spread. And you get to socialise in plenty too.
- Trying new recipes: Read an interesting recipe somewhere over the week? Why don’t you try it out this weekend? Cooking or baking can be great therapeutic activities.
- The importance of being idle: Do nothing or pick up a book, watch a movie to relieve your stress. This is your “me” time, so do what you want to relax.
- Long walks: Not only it is a good thing for your heart, walking is amazingly de-stressing. So when you do your errands this weekend, walk instead of driving everywhere.
- Sitcoms: A good laugh can help you relax. So put on your favourite comedy show, or check out the show your friend recommended.
- Limit your chores: Don’t spend all your weekend doing chores, instead do all of them in the mornings so you can keep your afternoons free. This will keep your mind blessedly unoccupied.
- Prepare a to-do list: Yes, the last thing you need to do is prepare for the work week ahead, but making a to-do list can be relaxing, especially if you have a lot on your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I have a complaints of Depression associated with complaints of alopecia (Baldness of mid scalp region. I work in Hospital. I am working 8 hrs duty in the hospital. I work not properly in the hospital I see proper examination of patient in the hospital. Their consultant Dr. has proper watching to me how I am work in the hospital as a R. M. O. But I am not doing some procedures in the hospital example Arterial Blood Gas study ,Endotracheal intubation, Central line insertion etc. Due to these reasons I went to psychiatrist Dr., He gives antidepressant medicines for me and I took this antidepressant medicines since 1 year Tab. Zosert 10 mg 0 - 0 - 1 Tab. Arpizol 5 mg 0 - 0 - 1 Tab. Ciplar 10 mg 1 - 0 - 1 along with I took antihypertensive medicine Tab. Amlovas 5 mg 0 - 0 - 1 since 1 month and 8 days. I am very anxious person about life. So Doctor which will be the selected medicines for me, that medicines may I help and I will be do these above procedures easily? Doctor reply immediately about this query?
Jumping at the sight of a cockroach is normal, but some people won't even step into the room if they see one. Such people are said to suffer from a phobia of cockroaches. A phobia can be defined as the irrational fear of an object or situation, though it may not pose any real danger. A phobia often develops during childhood and gets aggravated as the person gets older.
Hypnotherapy has proven to be an effective form of treatment for phobias and fear. Hypnosis identifies the root cause or event that is the underlying cause of the phobia. A Hypnotherapist then attempts to change the person's reaction to the phobia trigger.
Some common phobias Hypnotherapists deal with are:
- Fear of heights
- Fear of insects and small animals
- Fear of flying
- Fear of technology
To do this a Hypnotherapist must ensure that the mind of the person is in a calm and relax state. This is because the root cause of a phobia is often a repressed memory. Thus, it can be accessed only when a person is in a state of heightened relaxation or trance. In this state, the mind is very receptive to suggestions. Once the memory has been addressed, it can be brought back to the conscious awareness. Addressing this conscious memory allows the therapist to make the patient feel less threatened by this trigger. The patient can then begin to form new thoughts and responses to the object or situation. This process is also known as Hypnotic regression.
A person normally needs 3-4 sessions of Hypnotherapy to be rid of a phobia. However, the number of sessions required varies from person to person and it may take additional sessions to cure a chronic phobia.
No. of sessions required depends on a number of factors such as:
- How long the person has had the said phobia
- His personality
- How severely his life is affected by the phobia
- How determined he is to free himself of the phobia
When you decide to work with a Hypnotherapist to get rid of your phobias, it is essential that you make the right choice in terms of the Hypnotherapist. You should ensure that you are being treated by a licensed professional Hypnotherapist. Also, make sure that you can trust the person and are comfortable in his or her presence. Take your time finding someone who you can open yourself up to and get started on conquering your fears. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am a smoker and who smokes twice a day and I will be taking tulasi leaves in the morning and I maintain a good diet. It will help me or not.
Hello doctor I am a new mother delivered a baby on 14th of dis month I am suffering with postpartum depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts harming my baby suicidal thoughts always on my mind no sleep I feel some chemical reaction if I want to sleep in my mind I am always worried I am not knowing wats happening with me I am feared worried please help me.
Sir I am a alcoholic person but I decided that if I quit it today or start martial arts from tomorrow then tell me it is my right choice or not to start it from tomorrow?
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.