Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chitrakoot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupal MohanYour feedback matters!
My scan report thick endometrium with small hypoechoic lesion in endometrial cavity in fundus with intense vascularity. What does this mean. Is this any symptom of cancer?
The cervix is a part of the female reproductive system. It is the lower part of the woman's uterus, and it connects the vagina with the uterus. This is usually closed and tight, but ends up dilating during occasions like pregnancy and childbirth. The cervix is also known to soften eventually during the course of one's pregnancy and delivery. In case the cervix starts to open up too early, this condition is known as an insufficient cervix or an incompetent cervix. Here is everything you need to know about this condition.
Definition and symptoms: An incompetent or insufficient cervix is one that opens up too early and does not support a normal delivery. The symptoms that may point at this condition include pressure in the pelvic area, pain in the back, light bleeding from the vagina, mild cramps in the abdomen, and a change in the odour and hue of the vaginal discharge that may be experienced by the pregnant woman. Usually, such symptoms and changes are not seen in the early stages of one's pregnancy. Mostly, the symptoms are experienced after the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy, in the second trimester, when there is greater pressure on the area due to the growing fetus.
Risk factors: There are a number of factors that increase the risk of this condition, including congenital conditions like uterine anomalies and other genetic disorders. These disorders may affect the fibrous protein that produces the connective tissue of the body, which is also known as collagen. When there is a decrease in this kind of tissue, the cervix becomes incompetent or insufficient. Also, when there has been overexposure to synthetic estrogen, this kind of condition may be experienced. Further, cervical trauma is another factor that may cause this condition along with dilation and curettage, which is a procedure that corrects uterine conditions.
Treatment: The main form of treatment usually includes the prescription of progesterone supplements in the form of weekly administered injections. Also, serial ultrasounds every fortnight can help in monitoring the situation closely so that the doctor is able to ascertain whether or not you are going to be able to go through a normal delivery or not. Cervical cerclage is also a surgical procedure that can help such a condition. In this procedure, the cervix is stitched up with strong sutures, which will be removed in the last month of pregnancy, or just before the delivery. This is especially helpful if there have been cases of premature delivery in the past. This procedure is usually carried out within the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy to avoid loss of the fetus.
I got my daughter's lab report yesterday. She is aged 15 and is obese. Her menarche started a year back, but it has been infrequent.
Hllo Dr. I am pregnant or muje kon kon sa fruit khana chahiye or kon c vagetable or daal khani chahiye kya imli khane se koe prblm to nhi hoti or yog m kon kon sa aasan krna chahiye please give me ans.
I am suffering from heavy white discharge to not stop from 2 years continuously please help me I take a ayurveda medicine bt no use this problem is no cure.
I am 22 I had my sex on March 23 and my last period was March 11 will I become pregnant? Now I am feeling like vomit and sometimes dizziness? Why these symptoms?
My periods have came on 7th april and my fb rubbing with his open penis on my laggings and he also used his finger in my inner area may be my fb down on my laggings then my periods again come on 29 th of april so there is any chance to get pregnant. What is the expected time of my periods in may.
I Am having bronchitis asthma, and iam 6week pregnant, I took rotacaps 200, 400, and asthalin too but body is not accepting these I have to vomit very badly making sounds and pressure on stomach, feels like burning in chest and stomach as soon as I take spray. Before getting pregnant it was all OK but not now. I feel very uneasy and can't complete my breath. My chest pains. Please suggest.
Last month after sex I had periods but this month I'm missing it by 2, 3 days so I'm worried is I'm pregnant or what.
Hi doctor, I gave birth to a baby girl last year April 1st 2015, still I am feeding. But I didn't get periods till now my weight s increasing. I have irregular periods before. Tell me what to do to get periods.
I am married since 2 years and I and my wife are planning for a baby since last 6 months but she is not conceiving and I am very about and want to know is there any way to weather the problem is with me or my wife so that we can take treatment accordingly please help.
I'm a girl and my weight is approximately 41kg and my height is 4'9" is it perfect or not? if it is not than what should be my weight according to my height?
M 32 years unmarried female. M having a desk job, my tummy is bulging out as a result am worried. M anemic and have regular periods for 11/2-2 days maximum. Few days back pelvic ultrasound reveal normal result. Thyroid, diabetes, uric acid results within limits. Cholesterol slightly rise can such conditions result in cyst development. Kindly recommend solution or consultation or test?
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.