Doctors in Deepam Hospitals
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Deepam HospitalsYour feedback matters!
How to control premature ejaculation and exeed the time of our sex. So please give the valuable suggestion for this problem.
I am suffering from giddiness. What are the reasons for giddiness. When I try to move my head up I am getting reeling sensation?
Could Your Mood Swings Be Cyclothymia?
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
What is hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoid (piles) is a condition where the veins in the lowest part of rectum and anus get swollen.
How to deal with it?
Following are the most effective measures to reduce the suffering from the piles:
- Placing a towel soaked in cold water on the piles relieves the pain, irritation, and burning around the anus.
- Protruded hemorrhoids can be pushed back into the rectum, using a lubricating jelly, while bathing.
- A fiber supplement, which includes Metamucil, Citrucel, or Fiber Con, and a fiber-rich food, such as broccoli, beans, wheat, oat bran, whole-grain foods, and fresh fruits, should be included in the diet. Fibrous food softens the stool and makes it easier to pass, thereby reducing pressure on hemorrhoids.
- Exercise will help by stimulating the bowel function and by improving constipation. Aerobic exercises, such as brisk walking, jogging, cycling, skipping for 20-30 minutes a day, at least for 5 days per week, should be included.
- Do not strain. Straining for the stool leads to pressure on the hemorrhoids and causes worsening of the symptom.
- Don’t wait for a convenient time. Immediately pass the stool when there is urging. This stool can back up, leading to increased pressure and will require straining to pass in future. Keep a fixed time for passing stool, such as after a meal, or after waking up, and sit on the toilet seat for a few minutes. This will help to establish a regular bowel habit.
- Take a regular sitz bath. A sitz bath is a warm water bath for the buttocks and hips. It helps to reduce itching, irritation, and spasms of the sphincter muscle. A 20-minute sitz bath after each bowel movement, two or three times a day, will help reduce burning and itching after passing stool.
- Topical medication, such as creams containing a local anesthetic agent, can be used to relieve the pain. They are applied before passing the stools. Anti-inflammatory home remedies, such as Witch hazel, aloe vera, and a warm bath with Epsom salt helps reduce symptoms of piles.
- Using a toilet paper after a bowel movement can aggravate existing hemorrhoids, as wipes which have alcohol, perfume, or irritants cause more irritation and worsens symptom. Use wipes which are medicated, such as wipes with aloe vera or witch hazel.
- Stool softeners or fiber supplements help reduce constipation, make the stool softer, and make it easier to have quick, painless bowel movements. Oral painkillers can be used to relieve the pain, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- When an external hemorrhoid is very painful due to a blood clot, surgery is usually indicated in order to relieve the symptoms.