Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Suganya Kandasamy
Treatment of Stammering
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Ms. Suganya KandasamyYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering to Stammering problem. I never talk with any person or senior person confidently. So, please give me a solution for that problem.
My mom 67 years old, has breathlessness and weak voice, has gone to ent, but still no cure! doctor says left vocal cord is slightly blocked? even after drinking water she coughs! what do we do further? please advice
Hi. My daughter is suffering from stammering. She has stammering in few letters. Kindly help her to recover from this problem.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from stuttering problem. I also attend speech therapy sessions, but they did not make any improvement. Please help me.
My son is 2 yrs 8 months suffering with stammering. There is no stammering problem when start speaking but suddenly he is suffering with that problem and started stop pronouncing the words say Apple and so. Kindly please advise me.
My son 2 years 2 months, phele clearly bol sakta tha lekin 22 months ke baad hakla (stammering) raha hai .koi effective treatment hai kya. please help.
I am suffering from a disease black color in my nose & forehead on 1yr. But I can't understand whats it? Please speak me about in this deases medicine name.
I have nosil deflection. My tonsalaties got removed at 11 years old. I have always kit kit on my throat. Which one effect my voice? My voice is closed type. Do not get enough bass of a male voice. Pls give me a solution and reason for it?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.