Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. SornaYour feedback matters!
When you are depressed, you don't eat well and vice-versa! Without a satisfactory solution, you will still remain depressed, etc. Etc. Then, is not counselling the right cure to improve the condition?
I can not read more hours I get tied very soon what should I do which help me to read more and remember things. I am in big trouble that I can't remember more which I read. What should I do.
Sir, My friend is 30 years old. He is depressed all the time because he is feel guilty. When he was 18 years old he slept with his mom when his mom was sleeping his hands was on her breast and abdomen. He was not in control. His mother does not this matter. Sometimes he was doing it. One day he realized then he feel depressed. He is attempting to suicide but fail. He is worried since last 11 years about this matter. He does not share this matter to any friend and to her family member. He told me this matter and not to say that another person. Now, he belongs to the deep problem. He is feeling guilty. So what should I do in this matter. Please reply sir.
What should sleeping time and sleeping patterns for medical student? Coz every student face this problem and me also that, not sleep well and not concentrated in our study and not have to remember and information related to our sallybus.
My lover rejected my proposal I went in to lack of concentration I was very much disturbed and full of tensions in my daily work hw to get out of this.
My father 51 years old suffering from low b. P and depression since last three years. He is very weak due to this. Please prescribe?
Male 33 years. Bp: 60-90. I feel stressed most f the times because of personal n professional reasons. I also feel fatigued. Any solutions?
I have problem when there is time of period (monthly date), at that time I have so much irritation at that part, I continuous irritate from that, so please help me on that. Nd which medicine or tube or powder is used?
Next month my exam will be start and for this I am a patient of depression. For this headache, tried every time. Please help me.
I am a student of class 12 I am very timid I get disturbed by slightest of noise for example my mother doing kitchen chores creating some voice I get disturbed moreover I get scared I am studying some one calls me or keep his hand on my head or on back to call me or out of love or affection ---when I am doing my exam and the examiner says time is out after 15 minutes I will collect paper my hand starts trembling heartbeat fastens and I become to sweat my throat becomes dry and my voice too trembles my legs start trembling to the worse how can I become mentally strong.
What happens if type 2 diabetes is not controlled and the sugar levels are very high? What happens when the blood sugar is suddenly decreased or increased? Do the sugar levels increase by stress or tension or unbalanced food is the only cause? What could a person do to maintain a normal sugar level?
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness.