Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. SornaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 28 year women. I was in relationship for 5 years and in that 4 years we were studying and we were in separate city. Recently in last one year we moved in same city. And informed in home about our love and marriage. As our caste was different our parents didn't agree. But during this process we had sex twice or thrice. Later after one year of struggle in home. We ended up with broke up because of family. Now in my home they are searching a guy for me. But I am not able to move on. I am feeling guilty for having sex. I don't know. What should I do. Should I end my life or am I cheating future husband. That guilt of having sex before marriage is killing me. Please help me.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My friend Bakti has some mental issues. He has been facing this for 3 months from now. Sometimes he seems fine but suddenly he becomes sad and angry. He sleeps daily about 10-12 hours. He also forgetting things. What kind of disease is this please let me know?
Boyfriend (31) and I (27) have been together for almost five year Then, on the other hand, we had a couple of fights/discussions where I started crying. The times I cried was when he hurt me a lot or because of sadness and desperation of the situation. Every time I cried he didn't seem to care at all. His reactions are every time totally cold. completely ignoring my feelings. Sometimes he even lays down and falls asleep while I'm still crying. Or he sometimes reacts to my words and tears with even more anger and is being even meaner to me. If I imagine to see him crying, that would be the worst for me. I love him so much that I hate to see him in pain. I had past I have discussed every thing to him but still he makes comments on it. My mistake was my ex was working in company where I went for an interview and I didn't tell him bcs he was on vacation but I informed my parents bcs they knew abt my past and I am a girl who never conflict there professional and personal life.
If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day, you're six times more likely to develop mouth cancer than someone who doesn't smoke. So giving up smoking is important if you want to look and feel better.
Is smoking a cigarette once a week harmful. I smoke once a week and I can't stay with out that. But I feel scared about my life. I feel like I can't breath properly because of smoking though I have cold. And is because concentrating more on how I breathe makes me feel I can't breathe properly?
Hi Doctor, Actually I have one problem with my husband, he is heavy drunker like he has 2 days holiday then he will start morning drinking till the night, and when he has first shift he come home and start drinking and I have problem with his drinking habit can you please suggest me any madison or etc.
I am taking depression medicine melzap and c-pram. And I releasing that this is affecting the sex life. Is that due to these medicine.
I am 24 years and I'm preparing for banking. I was a good student at school and college but due to some past failure I am becoming depressed and when I gives any exam I felt that I can't clear it even though the exams are too easy and I know I can clear them easily but negative thinking approach my mind and I think if I don't clear exam my parents will got me married. I know they love me so much but when they ask me for marriage I got scared and I think that if I will not clear exam this time what will happen to me and my life will totally destroy. Please help me this negative thinking is making my life worse even I am not able to sleep in night sometime when this type of thing come in my mind. Please please help me to get rid of this.
I lost my brains imagination power after treatment for ocd what I do I am so sad. Is I got my imagination power back ,is there any treatment to got my imagination power back?
Hello, My boyfriend has deep depression and he hurts every part of body (one moment he hurts leg and in the other moment he hurts stomach). He wants to die, also he has phobias that he has some incurable diseases. Often (at least once in day) he feels lack of ability of breathing and he feels afraid of being asphyxiated. He has no heart diseases, but feels hurt in chest too. Please tell me, probably what diagnosis can be, and how can be solved this problem?
I am 21 age please give me some therapy to ignore nagtvty. Just when I goes to do a task some kind of ngtv thinking struck me nt do. Like I will wear a jeans pant then a thinking will come in my mind that I f wear this then something wrong will happen like I never success so you wear another pant if am going somewhere then ngtv thinking stuck that do not go if you go something will wrong happen so go this way not that way. Give me sometherpy in village theres no such good psychologist. I need your favor.
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns. A person suffering from OCD can often be extremely annoying. Hence here are a few tips you can use to deal with OCD:
1. Understand OCD: The first step towards dealing with OCD is to know what you have to deal with. Gather as much information as you can about OCD and also read up about how you can overcome it. You need to know the symptoms of OCD so you can identify the disorder. Almost everyone suffers from OCD at one point of their lives. Hence, it is extremely important to understand OCD in order to treat it.
2. Work with your compulsions: Do not get petrified about your compulsions if you are planning to overcome your OCD, instead work with them. Try not to encourage their development. If you are worrying about whether you have switched of the lights, try and develop a mental picture of you doing it. If you are able to get a clear picture, then you have, otherwise you can go and switch it off. Another option is to maintain a list where you tick off the activity once you have done it so that you don't have to worry about it later on.
3. Maintain a journal: Maintaining a journal will help you curb your fears and negative thoughts. Write down all your obsessive thought and reflect on how they are affecting you and whether they are worth your worry or time. Gradually you will see that you are able to control these thoughts and will be able to push away any negativity which comes along with them.
4. Remind yourself about the good in you: Make this your regular practice. Do not undermine yourself, instead make yourself feel good. This will help you to get over the fact that you have done something wrong in your daily activities (like not turning the gas off when you actually have) and that wrong is going to harm people.
Chronic OCD will require therapy and medical assistance. Hence if you are able to detect the signs at an early level and are able to adopt the above measures to control it, then going to a doctor might not be necessary.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!