Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Azariah Selvaraj
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Azariah SelvarajYour feedback matters!
My mind and concentration power is very weak like my friend reads 2 times and I also she is able to write in the exam but I can't I forget whatever I read so please help me out.
How to stop smoking cigarettes and any anti nicotine tablet available or any other way to quit smoking?
Hi, I am 24 years old, doing md/ms preparation, you have told about memory enancher, it could be used for my preparation. These would cause any dependence. I have only 1 months for my exam, I am spending 18 hrs per day to ready. Which of the herbal memory enancher would be useful and where to buy it.
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I keep thinking about a girl I like and there's nothing I can do about it (for some reasons) and I want to get over these feelings but no matter how hard I try I just can't get over it it's really distracting and these feelings seem to get more intense when I'm all by myself, alone. I don't know what to do but carrying on with these feelings is something I can't do. What should I do to get over these feelings? How can I get my life back on track?
Hi My friend has a problem he has problem of changing moods thats why he is loosing his confidence day by day because somtimes he is getting nervous any time in the friends please tell me how to avoid this problem
Hi, I have a problem while talking with friends or family members I suddenly get angry and spoke always some words that hurts then a Lot please give a solution.
I am 22 years old, I am suffering from stutter or stammering. Please give me any advice to cure this. I am so worried Please help me.
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.