Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Mr. RajendranYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Rajendran to be very helpful. Thanks dr.
I am facing my class 12 exams and I am under pressure of expectations. For this reason I wasn't able to attempt my yesterday's paper .my hands began trembling and I was fear stricken .only thought in my mind was about fear of not scoring well. How can I deal with su ch anxiety and stress problem. And due bad childhood experience ,strictness of parents I have started dreading .whole of my body is paining and hands trembling. Negative thoughts come in the way of me learning and I face difficulty concentrating sometime thinking of loneliness as I have no brother and no friends. I live alone all by myself and get bored as my parents are both teacher a I am alone in home during daytime.
I am 20 years old who losses his stamina very quickly. I had a echo scan which turned out normal. Should I go for a stress echo or no? Please suggest.
Ma scrotum size is become small .one side of testis (left side )hanging low compare to other testes. Hanging testis side skin s shiny. Premature ejection prob also there less than 1 min itself em reaching climax. If I stop masturbate will ejection prob solve. Or I need definite medical treatment. Will ma scrotum size will enlarge or become normal in size.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make friends before birth - Encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no - Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time sharing - Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious start to the day - This will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them - It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family meetings - Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy - Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the small - Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal treatment - Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.