Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. RajendranYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Rajendran to be very helpful. Thanks dr.
I am 47 years old. Trying my level best to live stress free life but my body not supporting due some people and the illegal cases, die to which I am getting frequently failure in business, family life, friends always trying and helping me to come out but my mind is not cooperating ,please suggest how to lead my normal life as I am tired by facing issues.
I am 29 year old. I am having premature ejaculations. I tried all method to slow it's down but when ever I try to penetrate the moment I ejaculated. Please give me suggestions or help. Thanks you.
I am very thin in body and also suffering from premature ejaculation. I am married .provide some information about best medicine.
Hello Sir I am suffering from anxiety and chest pain continuously with incomplete yawning due to which I feel like suffocation and I had various tests but everything came normal I visited cardiologist, neurosurgeon, orthopedic etc but didn't get any relief yet. Please suggest me some treatment I shall be thankful to you.
Hi I am sathish my penis not strong and strength for more time its only strong on 3 minutes and I was not able to have sex pls help me.
My boyfriend is suffering from depression since 7 years. He use to think about committing suicide some years ago. And he use to suffer with Schizophrenia when he was a child. He told me that he doesn't have Schizophrenia anymore. But he is struggling with depression for no reason. He's been for therapies and taking meds for depression since years but still nothing works for him. I love him so much and I'm very worried for him. Please give some advice.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include:
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
5. Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.