Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Mr. RajendranYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Rajendran to be very helpful. Thanks dr.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include:
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
5. Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Sir me sex proper tarike se nhi kar pata hu me jaldi free ho jata hu long time tk sex nhi kar pata hu sir me kya kru.
My daughter is 10 years old and she is taking medicine (tegrital) at the age of 2 and half years. She is not concentrate in her studies. Her behaviour is like a immature child. She is very weak in her studies. She is reading in 5th class.
I'm 20 years old .I'm studying in B.tech in cse. My problem is I can't communicate with anyone. I can't express my feelings and thoughts to anyone I am struck in a loop that I can't come over. I am over thinking and I can't control it. I have many experiences in past ,while joining before b.tech I thought I can be a special person. I am a topper. I'm not active all day. I am not sort of very communicative person. I'm am very reserved and shy and always obsessed with how others think of me. I am not in real world .i'm am stressed out .well, I want to stop over thinking and get into real world .I have great dreams and I have confidence that I can reach them but i'm silly concerned about small things. I am seeing a small problem in microscope .i want to stop that .i am suffering from this for 2 years and conditions are becoming worse day by day. I want to change this and start a new life.
Thank you so much if you are reading this and going to help me. My dad is an alcoholic. He used to drink daily but for last couple of weeks he is trying to control as so he had consumed alcohol rarely 3-4 times and from the last some days he is feeling unease and pain in whole body. I don't know whether it is because of stopping drinking daily or what but these problems have started since the day he stopped drinking daily. Kindly help me out what should I do and which kind of treatment does my dad need and to where he has to consult.
I am 43 years old. I have problem of anger. I can't control on myself. Some times I feel that I must harm myself means I wanted to commit some strict action. But I control because of my kids. I get dipress even without any reason. Some problems I am carrying from my family. Is depression a hereditary problem? Can it be cure?
Hi I am 26 year old and I have problem of premature ejaculation. I get discharge very early top of my penis (gland penis) is very sensitive. I used to do masturbate so much but now I get discharge very early please suggest and help me.
Q1. My right testicle is relatively smaller than my left testicle. My left testicle is almost or more than double size of the right testicle. Is this normal? Q2. I ejaculate very early within 1-2 minutes during sex. How to last for long on bed.
Hello im 22 years old a nursing student. I have done all cardiology test like, echo cardiograph, Lipid profile, stress test, holter monitoring. In EcG my first degree av block and incomplete right bundle branch block. When I walk fast then I feel weaknesses and palpitation and shortness of breath. Many time I feel a punching in my heart and I feel my like my heart miss a or two beats. Im in very fear and don't go anywhere when I am alone. So what I do. Please.
Sir I am very poor to express my feelings in social gatherings, I am unable to understand what I am doing, I have gynecomastia, I have wide hips like woman has, I am 6 feet tall, my physical structure is like woman but not like men, I can't understand my friends mind, my father also behaves like me, sir do I have Klinefelter syndrome. When I was studying 7 class I am the tallest boy of the class. I am very week and less matured. I am little bit good at studies. Please help me!
For e.g. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all tha time. Please help me.
I am 30 years old men my question is at the time of having sex hardly I last with my girlfriend in bed is 3 to 4mints as it not satisfied both of us we want to have more I want to increase the timing 10 to 15mints minimum suggest me with your earliest.
Hi I have love problem I dnt knw Please help me I can't study can't concentrate at any work. She said to me, you have some problems.
Dear sir I am a 46 years old guy and I bought disgrace to my family by doing some nasty things more than 12 years back which I cannot disclose. Nobody in our neighborhood talks to me, my family members except a very few that too rarely. They look down upon us. What do we do in such a situation. Moving to another neighborhood is not very easy being from a lower middle class background. Please guide me.
I am facing my class 12 exams and I am under pressure of expectations. For this reason I wasn't able to attempt my yesterday's paper .my hands began trembling and I was fear stricken .only thought in my mind was about fear of not scoring well. How can I deal with su ch anxiety and stress problem. And due bad childhood experience ,strictness of parents I have started dreading .whole of my body is paining and hands trembling. Negative thoughts come in the way of me learning and I face difficulty concentrating sometime thinking of loneliness as I have no brother and no friends. I live alone all by myself and get bored as my parents are both teacher a I am alone in home during daytime.
I am 20 years old who losses his stamina very quickly. I had a echo scan which turned out normal. Should I go for a stress echo or no? Please suggest.
Ma scrotum size is become small .one side of testis (left side )hanging low compare to other testes. Hanging testis side skin s shiny. Premature ejection prob also there less than 1 min itself em reaching climax. If I stop masturbate will ejection prob solve. Or I need definite medical treatment. Will ma scrotum size will enlarge or become normal in size.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make friends before birth - Encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no - Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time sharing - Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious start to the day - This will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them - It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family meetings - Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy - Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the small - Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal treatment - Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.