Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Shail YadavYour feedback matters!
I am a boy of 18 years I want to increase my weight and health. please consult me some diet advices.
I am 33 years old , weighing about 65 kg , height 5.2. Kindly suggest me some medicines to reduce my weight. Mostly my upper body is too heavy. I request to suggest me any ayurvedic medicine to reduce my breast size.
Mai diabetes ka patient hu. Or meri sugar roj bilkul low ho jati h. Mai davai bhi time se le raha hu fir bhi as ho raha h.
I am 44 years old male with known DIABETES since 10 years. My vision of right eye is poor. Once consulted a doctor, he suggested for cataract surgery. Kindly suggest some medicines to overcome it.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
What are the precautions for type 2 diabetes patients. Appreciate if you can explain in detail as your convenience. Please advise.
When I was in 5th class. I was very fatty even People used to call me fatty. I addicted to masturbation & I did it plenty of times more than 1000 times from 5th class to 11th class. Even I went in a situation when after masturbation when I stood up. I felt some darkness for a little time. After 12th I stopped it fully when I aware of its bad effects. I didn’t touch my penis for last 6 years for masturbation. Night fall happen by itself. Now I am 26 years old. I am very thin. My skin structure is very loose its like rubber, stretchable, as an old man of 65 years having body I have the same skin. People make my fun to be thin. I eat more than my family members but result is nil. Now situation is this. If I suffer from fever. My weight gets down very fast. In comparison of others I can’t work. this all because of masturbation problem.
For e. G.L have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75kgs to 85kgs. L want to lose weight. Please help.
Is it safe to gain some extra pounds by eating protein supplements without regular exercises when body framework is thin & bones are weak?
Hello, I am facing problem in gaining weight. As you can see my profile. My weight is only 53 kg. I am very thin. Suggest me ways to improve my heath & I can gain sime weight. Despite of eating heavily I am facing problem in gaining weight.
I am going to gym early morning eating 2 bananas empty stomach is this correct and please tell best source of calcium.
Cranial nerve palsy is one of the common culprits of causing double vision. This is all the more true for people above the age of 60. A person is more prone to cranial nerve palsy if he is suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes. This is the reason why this disease is more commonly known as diabetes palsy. Eventually, though they get better and the problem of double vision disappears.
One weak cranial nerve leads to the weakness of other cranial nerves as well. In case the eyes fail to move together, chances are that the patient will have double or blurred vision. In case the sixth nerve gets affected, side to side double vision is encountered. For the 3rd and 4th nerve disturbance, there could be a vertical double vision. The lack of blood flow causes pain to the eye.
Possible Causes of Cranial Nerve Palsy?
Cranial nerve palsy can result from traumatic or congenital factors. They can also result from vascular diseases such as strokes, hypertension, diabetes, and aneurysms. It can also arise out of infections, increased intracranial pressure, migraines, and tumours. A patient's age and clinical findings help a doctor decide the right course of treatment.
There are no particular treatments which can speed up the recovery of cranial nerve palsy. In a case of pupil pain, doctors may prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs such as Motrin and Advil. They key to natural recovery is to ensure that the blood sugar and the blood pressure is diligently controlled. By patching the eyes, the problem of double vision can be resolved. They are typically worn over both the eyes. They are however known to slow down the process of recovery and strain the eye. There is no known exercise to fix this condition. Botulinum injections are sometimes used by doctors to straighten the eyes but the result of such a treatment greatly varies from person to person. Doctors mostly rely on watchful waiting until the phase passes within 6-8 weeks. Pain medications are recommended on a case to case basis.
Managing cranial nerve palsy can be difficult for a working person. It involves many lifestyle changes till the condition fully cares. Some of the suggestions given by an ophthalmologist include resting the eye as long as one can. Reading or working on a computer should be eschewed since it puts great pressure on the eyes. The eye should not be contacted with forehands in case there is too much pain. Other basic hygiene issues include taking the medicine time to time, cleaning the eye with fresh water two to three times a day, putting the eye drops on time as prescribed by the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.
My body weight is very less approx 48 kg and my height approx 178 cm. How can l increase my weight. Please help me.
Dear Doctor, I have an doubt that I am taking Tablets for Diabatees since 2010, controlled my diabeties. Any side effect for taking medicines for long period ? .
I am a boy of 21 years. I am very skinny. I tried many diet and vitamin things but didn't get healthy body.
What kind of Cooking Oil should we use for daily cooking? I know there is lot hype around Olive Oil, that it is best for cooking but it is not budget friendly. Right now we use Soya Bean Oil, recently I read in a report about Soya Bean and its products, that it causes hormone imbalance (increases estrogen levels in males) and it is high on Omega-6. Could you please suggest best oil which is also in budget. Thank You.
Do a lot of crunches : If you want to lose that stubborn belly fat you have to hit your abdominal muscles from different angles with intensity crunches alone would not help you.
To reduce the circumference of your belly train your lower extremities as well. Dead lifts and squats are effective exercise to reduce the belly fat along with variations such as twisting movements and leg rises
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.