Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Shail YadavYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I just want to ask the best possible ways to reduce my weight as I visited gym also but it didn't helped to reduce my weight. Please suggest me proper diet which I should take and too what type of exercises I shloud do. My weight is 55 and height 5. I don't eat jung foods too. Suggest me the bestest possible ways to burn my fat asap.
I am 23 years old and I my weight is 81 kgs height 167 inches what should be my perfect weight according to height and how should I loose my weight. I go to gym daily but inspite of it I have gained 2 kgs more before gym it was 79 kgs n now it is 81 kgs please help my marriage is there after a month.
Dr. my name is shashikant I am a diabetics patient when I checked my sugar it is above 300 sir please help me to control this I have also started to drink barley water.
I am 19 years old. My problem is as that my hemoglobin and weight not increase. Mujhe aisa lagta hai ki mera khana absorb nahi hota. Na hum kabhi sick hote hai na hi kabhi weakness feel hoti hai. Hum ye samajh nahi pa rahe ki hume problem kya hai. Food time par aur ache se khate hai.
Hi sir. I want to gain weight. I eat properly but I can't gain it please give suggestions me some tips.
I lost my weight and I have skeleton body. How can I restore my weight measurements. Please help me.
How to loss fat without and exercise and using medicine? Which type of medicine are favorable without side effect to our organ of The body and with efficiency and maintain wellness of body.
I have been drinking for last 10 years. But now I have strong desire give it away I am in my early 50s. What procedure should I follow that giving up doesn't affect my health adversely.
Doctor, even underweight person can get heart attack? When the person takes chronic Anxiety which increases stress hormones in body.
It is not uncommon for us to feel sleepy at work every once in a while. You need to get an important assignment done, but all that you want to do is curl up and take a nap. We all have our days of drowsiness. But when it becomes a daily habit and begins to interfere with productivity, it is a cause for concern. Chronic fatigue and drowsiness can almost always be traced back to underlying medical conditions, such as low blood sugar levels or depression. There are many simple remedies for this issue that you can resort to, if you wish to kick off your work days with a bang.
Here are a few tips for those days when you just can’t seem to make it through work:
- Meditate: A few minutes of meditation before work in the morning can effectively make you more alert and engaged for the rest of the day. The point of meditation is not only to bring calmness and relaxation into your life but also to make you more mindful and active. Be sure to be sitting upright and breathing properly while you meditate.
- Eat right: Having poor eating habits could be making you drowsy at work. It is important that you eat just the right quantity of food for every meal because overeating will surely make you sleepy and lethargic. Avoid oily and rich foods and eat just as much as you need.
- Sleep well: Your night time sleeping habits are probably at the root of your day time drowsiness. Staying up late or not getting undisturbed sleep can leave you feeling agonizingly exhausted at work. It is of utmost importance that you get enough sleep every night.
- Peppermint it: Peppermint is a natural stimulant and will surely leave you feeling fresh in the morning. Brush your teeth with peppermint toothpaste and sip on a cup of peppermint tea in the morning to knock the drowsiness right out of yourself.
- Move around: When you feel sleepy, your first impulse is to take a nap. But often the solution to that problem is to engage in physical activity. Pace around and do some stretching exercises in the morning to get your blood circulating and you will be amazed at how refreshed you feel.
Follow these simple methods and in no time, your productivity levels at work will shoot right up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Diabetes is a chronic progressive condition of glucose abnormality. A patient with diabetes loses the capacity to regulate his blood glucose and hence there are high circulating levels of glucose in his blood. This is either due to less production of insulin hormone or the body loses the sensitivity to respond to the insulin hormone normally or both. The incidence of diabetes in general population is increasing fairly rapidly due to our erratic work schedule followed by lack of exercise and sleep.
Further, it is aggravated by our overindulgence in high sugary food and junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes (at least in the initial stages) by following some simple dietary tips. People have a misconception that “Dieting = Starving “. This is completely wrong. Further people also think that to enhance the taste of any dish it should have lot of oil, ghee, butter. This is again wrong. You can make your dish delicious even by using healthy ingredients and reducing the fats, oil and sugar in it. You can enhance the taste by using spices which are good for health as well as for digestion. Following a healthy diet means that you are eating nutritious food which is both healthy and tasty.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check:
- Include plenty of vegetables in your diet, more the better. At least half of your plate should be filled with vegetables; this can be in salad form or can also be in form of curries/subzi which is prepared using less oil. Eating vegetables helps to bulk you up, you do not feel hungry and thus you would not be consuming high-calorie food like fats or carbohydrates. Vegetables have plenty of fibre. Eating vegetables also help to release the glucose from carbohydrates slowly so that your blood glucose levels do not fluctuate much. Green leafy vegetables are excellent sources of Vitamin-A. Beans are rich sources of protein too.
- Carbohydrates are needed for your body; you derive the necessary energy from these carbohydrates. But you should consume them in a portion of about 1/3-1/4th of your plate – in other words, 2-3 phulkas, a bowl of rice etc. Use whole grains rather than polished grains. Whole grains of rice, wheat will release glucose into your blood in a slower fashion than polished rice or wheat. Whole grains also have much needed essential vitamins and minerals, the polished grains lose these vitamins during the process of dehusking and polishing. Include plenty of millets like jowar, bajra, Ragi/pearl millets etc. Include oats, quinoa, brown rice, broken wheat, wheat rava, etc. Avoid food items made with maida.
- Make sure you eat pulses. Pulses are a good source of protein. Sprouts are filled with protein and fibre. Try adding sprouts to your rice, noodles or salads. Non-vegetarian food is a very good source of protein. You can take egg, chicken and fish. Avoid mutton or organ meat.
- Restrict animal fats like butter, cheese. Also, restrict large quantities of oil and ghee. Avoid Vanaspati/dalda.
- Milk is the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels. Take a glass of milk when you experience low sugar symptoms. People who don't drink milk can consume yoghurt/curd or buttermilk. Milk, curd and buttermilk are good sources of calcium.
- Consume fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava, small bowl of musk melon, water melon, apples, etc. Don’t eat fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, custard apple, chikoo.
- Foods which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent in combating diabetes. These include flax seeds and nuts. You can take 5-7 nuts everyday like almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts etc.
There are few everyday tips which you should follow:
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high-fibre and low in carbohydrate foods. This is to make sure that you do not experience low sugar levels as you would be taking medicines for your diabetes.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds are good for glucose control too. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan:
- First and foremost, take small, manageable steps.
- Choose one aspect you want to work on. For e.g. if you eat junk food 4-5 times a week, make a conviction of consuming junk food only once a week. After you have mastered this, then go for another aspect. This is to make sure that you are not overwhelmed with the prospect of lot of changes and that you can take pleasure in the fact that you could make one positive change. This will provide you enthusiasm to likewise make other changes.
- The mantra that you should be following should be “small portions of food”. So instead of helping yourself to 3 ladoos or 2 bowls of kheer, you should limit yourself to 1 ladoo or ½ ladoo. That way you will still derive the pleasure of eating the ladoo (and satisfy your craving) but you would not have consumed that many calories as you would have done if you had eaten 3 ladoos.
- As well as following a diet, make sure that you get some exercise. It is recommended to exercise at least 45 minutes every day for 5 days of the week. You can go on fast walk, running, jogging, cycling, swimming etc.
- You can even break your exercise time into small chunks – maybe you can exercise 15 minutes 3 times a day. If you have never exercised start with 5-10 minutes of walking, you can then gradually increase the intensity of the exercise.
My wife is having severe pain around ribs along with shortness of breath. Cardio, pulmonologist and gastro specialist examined and certified nothing wrong. While checking the complete blood test we found some points abnormal as mentioned below. Is there any relation those deficiency with pain Vitamin D 4.66ng/ml B12-254pg/ml TSH-6.27 total RBC-4.84 platelet count-419 MCV-104.1.
Is there any steroids or any tablets for instant weight gaining ?Plzzz help I want to weight gain in 10 days any supplements for gaining weight instantly?
Ayurvedic massages are being performed for a long time for the overall mind and body support. This Indian traditional medicine ensures proper interaction between the mind, body and soul from the powers that lie within the human body. These messages are normally performed with the application of warm essential oils and help in improving the blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and opening the body force.
Some of the special and highly beneficial Ayurvedic massages are:
- Pizhichil: This Ayurvedic massage includes pouring of warm essential oils from a specialized type of vessel known as Kindi, which is placed at a considerable height while the expert masseur executes the massage. As the massage is done for balancing out the Vata dosha, the essential oil is chosen on the basis of the patient's condition. The warmth of the oil is necessary for removing the Vata dosha and is extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from soreness caused from fractures, stiffness in various parts of the body, paralysis, monoplegia, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- Njavarakizhi: This massage is aimed at increasing perspiration in the body and is very popular in Kerala. Here, after the application of the warm medicated oil, pressurized massage is given with small cotton bags that are filled with a specific type of processed rice termed as 'Njavara'. While the massage is given, cotton bags are dipped into cow milk, and a distinctive herbal paste is utilized for the production of sweat.
- Shirodhara: As the name says, this is a head massage that helps in stimulating the nerves present in the scalp area. It is mainly done through applying herbal or medicated oil on the head region in a continuous flow or stream. This massage is perfect for relieving mental fatigue, increasing focus and easing headaches.
- Elakizhi and Ubtaan: These types of Ayurvedic massages involve a combination of different herbal materials that form an effective beauty and skin solution. Both these massages help in revitalizing the skin, improving the texture of the skin, nourishing the body and improving the circulation, all these help in making the person appear fresh and beautiful.
Along with these Ayurvedic massages, there are several other types of massages available like the Gharshana that doesn't require any lubricant, Udvartana that helps in releasing the toxins from the body, and Abhyangam which is a whole body massage. Each of these massages is suitable for a specific condition and thus you must speak with an expert to know, which massage would be ideal for you.