Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Saroja RaghavanYour feedback matters!
Sir i'm aged 18 years I had a lot of small pimples in each part in face what should I do sir and i'm very weak how I should gain my body please tel me sir.
I am 20 years old male, I am getting heavy sleep and getting laziness, my body weight is 73kg. How I can recover from sleep. And getting body pains?
Diabetics can eat fruits? Some nutrition's suggests for using of fruits in regular basis but doctors are restricting for intake of fruits, please guide me.
The word acute coronary syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that are caused by blockage of the blood flow to the heart muscles. The most common result of this is myocardial infarction or heart attack as it is popularly called. Reduced blood flow leads to death of some portion of the heart muscle wall. While the word heart attack sounds almost fatal, it need not be the case. Knowing how to identify an attack and being aware of some simple measures can help save lives.
The tell tale signs of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain and discomfort usually described as a tightness or burning in the chest region
- Pain along the left side of the shoulder and neck, going up into the jaw, down to the arm
- Nausea and vomiting
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizzy or fuzzy feeling
- Tired, extreme fatigue
- Anxious, apprehensive feeling
However, be also aware that there are a lot of people who experience a silent heart attack. Women, obese, elderly, and diabetic patients can have silent attacks and depending on severity, either they go on with life as usual or can have a fatal attack.
Once you are doubtful of a heart attack, the next step is to reach the closest medical facility for a diagnosis. In addition to a detailed examination and history, the following two tests will be performed.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A 12-lead ECG will measure electrical activity of the heart and identify irregular electrical activity, which is indicative of a myocardial infarction.
- Blood tests: Presence of certain enzymes in the blood, CK-MB and troponin are indicative of a heart attack. A complete electrolyte profile also will be done, and increase or decrease of some electrolytes is helpful in diagnosing a heart attack.
- In addition to these two, chest radiography, cardiac angiography, echocardiogram, stress test, and computed coronary tomography may also be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Once diagnosed, the first step would be to relieve the symptoms, negate the effects of reduced blood flow, and restore cardiac function.
- Dissolve the clot: Using thrombolytics like clopidogrel
- Nitroglycerin: To dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow, especially to the heart muscles
- Anticoagulant therapy: Blood thinners are usually used to avoid blood clot formation; aspirin and heparin are the most commonly used agents.
- Drug therapy: Blood pressure maintaining drugs like beta blockers and/or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are also used
- Use of Statins: Statins are used to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood and stabilize plaque deposits.
In very severe cases, angioplasty and stenting or coronary bypass surgery may be required. Educating people on how to identify a heart attack and manage it is very useful and can help save lives.
I am 26 years old I have weakness of last few days. My body doesn't respond actively. Whole day there is a dullness. Kindly suggest me what to do.
Natural fast food consists of eating fruits, vegetables, milk products, sprouts and sattu. On the contrary, unnatural fast food, also called as junk food, is bad for the health of the heart as it is made up of refined ?bad? carbohydrates and either animal ?bad? fat or trans fats.
Sattu is a grounded roasted powder of soaked pulses and cereals. It is consumed along with fruit slices, gur or milk. Green chili, lemon juice and salt can be added to add flavor.
The commonest form of sattu is grounded roasted black gram or chana. Other common variety is grounded roasted black gram with barley.
Originally, sattu was made of seven Anaja (7 cereals, millets and pulses). The seven ingredients are maize and barley (cereals), black gram, pigeon gram or Arhar, green pea, khesari dal and kulath dal (pulses).
Sattu is a high fiber diet with low sugar producing properties. It is a cooling and refreshing fast food with anti-diabetic and anti?obesity properties.
It is a full breakfast, mid day or lunch meal and contains minerals and vitamins.
Sattu drink can be sweetened by adding gur or honey, sour by adding lemon and salted by adding black or rock salt. Roasting is one of the best forms of cooking. Sattu is both a fast food and a soft drink for the summer but healthy.
The so?called energy drinks available in the market are harmful as they contain three times the caffeine content of coffee or tea.