Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Saroja RaghavanYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years old lady with thyroid n diabetic also can not walk much 86 kgs can you help I hv stopped eating chapati instead hv started 1 med jowar bhakri for lunch n dinner is tht ok diabetes wise?
Are you a fast-eater? as a child most of us are told to slow down, chew the food well and only then gulp it down. Most of us have been told time and again to slow down and chew while eating. Yet, some people continue with the habit of eating fast. This might change if they knew what their speed of eating can do to their body.
Evils of eating food very fast -
1. Slows digestion - eating and swallowing fast means that the food has not been chewed properly. This delays and complicates the process of digestion. For proper digestion, the food needs to be broken down. Also, when we do not chew properly, the food that goes down the throat, is accompanied by lesser saliva, the enzymes of which are needed for the digestion to begin.
2. Can make you bloated - while eating in a hurry, chances are also there that we swallow air along without food. This makes are bloated and also gives us stomach gas.
3. Makes you eat more - to feel full, the brain and the stomach need to be at the same page to emit the signal of fullness. However, if you don't chew and just swallow, the brain-stomach coordination will break and you will end up eating more than what you need to.
4. Leads to weight gain - overeating will lead to problems like weight gain, indigestion, etc.
5. May choke you - more than thirty different muscles are required to swallow and if eating in a hurry, you increase the chance of food going down the wrong pipe, which can choke you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My friend has diabetic since 3years with suppurative otitis media since 3days. What is the management?
I am 19 and my weight and height is not as per the average weight and height of a 19 year old boy. I want to gain weight and height. What should I do?
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine.