Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shiny EstherYour feedback matters!
Do Ashwagandha helps in weight gain? Actually my family is suffering from financial problems, that's why now toh it's not possible to eat and have proteins all the time. Suggest me something that, once I can buy it and get good results from that. Plsssss help.
He have a diabetes (sugar) from last one year. Taking medicine glycomet gp1 and glycomet 850sr regularly. Is these medicine are good or not and please suggest diet plan and do's or don'ts eat .age 31 years old.
How to put on weight? Even if I eat a lot or I don't eat at all I remain same. since 2years I m 40kg only.
For reduction in body weight ,how many eggs to be eaten as breakfast. Whether taken as boiled eggs or omelet and whether yellow yolk can be eaten or not.
How to gain weight naturally and how to look fit healthy natural and young please tell me fast fast how to look nice healthy person please help me fast fast.
Skin cancer most often develops on skin that has faced sun exposure. At the same time, it can also affect skin areas that haven't been exposed to sun's rays. Do you know, skin cancer can be prevented by consuming some foods? Yes, and there are some out there:
1. Fatty fish - Including fatty fish in your diet can shield you against melanoma as they contain the beneficial nutrient Omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, these kinds of fatty acids are considered to be best for consumption as unlike saturated fats, they don't increase your risk for certain types of cancer. A study in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that individuals who consume a diet containing fish that is high in these healthy fats have low rates of this form of cancer.
2. Vegetables - This is another food option that is known to possess strong skin cancer-fighting properties. Dark leafy veggies like spinach, kale and broccoli can aid fighting against melanoma. A pigment found in tomatoes called lycopene has properties that guard you against cardiovascular diseases as well as cancers of all kinds. Similarly, the pigment carotenoids found in vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, etc are known to protect against sunburn.
3. Herbs - Including herbs in your diet can help in replenishing the minerals and vitamins that get depleted due to the action of the sun. According to experts, about 80% of your body's vitamin levels see a reduction when you stay under the sun for 30-45 minutes. Basil, parsley, and rosemary are a few of the herbs that possess cancer-fighting qualities.
4. Flaxseeds - The unique qualities of flaxseed make it the best option against skin cancer. It contains both antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, making it an all-around solution to fighting skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi, I have stomach upsets almost every week. Its been happening since past1 and half year. I have consulted doctors, had tests, but nothing could be found out. It happens such that every time when I eat normal foods a little more or may be fast foods, I will have stomach problems like mild diarrhea, or may be a bit pain during excretion. Its really frustrating and I am unable to gain weight.
How to loss weight loss. Its my lower belly fat. I want to be a slim. Also my solder fat. And its is harmful for me my weight is 64kg.
I am 42 years old and I have a problem of bed wetting (night. Some times in a three month or in a six month or some times 2- 3 days regularly. I am afraid of having night stay any where, pls. Help me to solve this problem.
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
Hi, How to set my BMI as normal and what kind of diet I have to taken? Will Please give me directions that how many calories to burn in which way in a day?
I am 18 years old I am so skinny I want to gain weight suggest me best and effective ways to gain weight I am so tensed due to skinny what about weight gainer mar I try this.
Hello Doc, I'm loosing weight last two years time since my return from china. There's no medical problem nor any mental illness, but a huge stress personal and professional. Please suggest me how can I gain weight again, weight has significantly dropped from 68 kgs to 45 kgs. Thank in advance.
Hi doctor, I started my gym on 2014 and I reduced my weight upto 23kgs in 6 month without fat burner or medicines. But now I cant move to next level my skin fat is blocking my packs from visibility. And some of them prefers me to take medicines, like steroids but I wanted to reduce it by naturally would you suggest me with any diet plan or natural fat reduce tips. And if medicine used. Is there a way to wash out from body permanently. Waiting for your reply thank you.
Metabolism is the process of how the body converts what you eat and drink into energy. Even at rest, the body needs energy provided by calories to handle necessary functions like breathing and circulating blood. The number of calories that the body needs varies based on age, gender and body composition.
The best way to increase metabolism is to increase muscle mass through strength training. Muscle tissue burns more calories at rest than fat tissue, so by converting some fat to muscle or increasing the amount of muscle, overall metabolism increases to burn more calories throughout the day.
While dietary intervention to boost metabolism is not widely proven, there are some foods that may temporarily increase the amount of calories burned:
1. Green tea: Green tea has the best evidence that it may raise metabolic rate. Studies have shown that drinking several cups of green tea per day, which contains caffeine and catechins, can help the body use more energy. A specific antioxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), has been contributed to a small rise in calorie burn.
2. Water: Your body needs water to process food and convert calories into usable energy. Therefore, dehydration leaves the body at a disadvantage and causes this process to slow down.
3. Capsaicin: This is a compound that gives spicy peppers their burning sensation, and can crank up your metabolism. Try spicier foods by adding some chili peppers to stir fry, sauce or soup.
4. Caffeine: This stimulant found in coffee and tea can increase the amount of calories your body burns, but most studies have proven this effect with very high intake (8-10 cups per day). For some people, caffeine can cause heartburn, high blood pressure, or sleep problems, so don't increase your caffeine intake if you experience these side effects.
5. Lean protein: Protein-rich foods increase satiety, which can prevent overeating. While protein foods won't specifically increase the body's metabolism, lean protein like chicken or eggs can help you feel fuller for longer.
6. Whole grains: Whole grains, like oats or barley, are high in fiber and take longer to digest, which means your metabolism works for longer to convert this food into usable energy.
Avoid crash diets or diets that are very low in calories. Eating too few calories (below 1,800/day for men or below 1,200/day for women) can cause the body to enter into starvation mode, where metabolism slows down to avoid burning through food too quickly, and you may even lose muscle mass. This makes weight loss very hard.
In the long run, adding these foods may help increase your body's resting metabolism. However, it will not provide a quick fix for losing weight. Increasing exercise will burn more calories than these foods; if your goal is weight loss, aim to eat healthy and increase exercise at the same time.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.