Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Shiny Esther
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Shiny EstherYour feedback matters!
How to lose weight? How to reduce rain fall? How to increase weight? How to get pimples off? How to loose fat?
It is been 16 days that I left sugar, and I am doing diet and started exercise as well but still my weight hasn't reduced. I am taking melmet tablet as advised by doctor for getting pregnant, kindly tell me why my weight is not getting reduced. What is that I should avoid for weight loose or do please help me I am feeling very bad and low.
My weight is very low so please suggest me good medicine to increase weight I feel negativity in office because of slim body please help me.
Hi, What if a nurse assistant use a dirty needle to do blood tests with when they drawn blood the patient for blood for tests. But wasn't sure. Can you get sick hours later. If its been 5 days later. Is it's too late. Patient in fear. What's the next step. Because the patient went to chen clinic which is always clean. But notice new people in facility. Had a Spanish female nurse drawn blood. When she entered the room. She put her tool box that's red with the supplies inside by the sink to open, but the patient didn't see what she was doing. As she took out each tubes she rest on the clinic bed, while patient sit in the chair. Got the alcohol wipes out on packet and rest on bed. The needle was last item she took out. When she got out but the patient didn't pay much attention to needle. The patient wanted to give the nurse the benefit of the doubt. But now patient in fear. So the patient don't want to accuse the nurse without proof. Because patient got blood drawn on October 2, 2018. The next day experience a little mild fever. Dehydration and some appetite. Still dry mouth and feeling dehydrated some. It's October 7, 2018. The labs that were done on patient was cbc, cmp, Hb A1c, Hb electrophoresis, homocysteine level, lipid profile, TSH, T4, Total T3, urinalysis, vitamin d 25 oh. The patient is not sexual activity. Has not been sexual activity for 8 years. Back then the patient always would get tested when the patient was sexual activity was always negative. Please respond. Thank you.
Diabetic hand syndrome or finger joint pain in diabetic patients:
Finger joint pain in diabetic patients is also known as diabetic hand syndrome people suffering with type 1 diabetes are at risk of developing osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the condition where your bone density decreases day by day making you stoop, abnormal body posture, bone pain and risk of fracture even with minor injury. You can prevent this by taking proper healthy food rich in calcium and vitamin d, doing weight bearing exercise and walking to strengthen the bones and joints.
Diabetic arthropathy or charcot joint is the common joint disorder caused to nerve damage in diabetic patients.
Signs and symptoms of diabetic arthropathy are:
- Swelling around the finger jointsyour joints may lose its normal shapeloss of sensation around the affected jointsabnormal sensation like tingling or pricking sensationunable to bear weight
- Timely diagnosis and intervention can definitely prevent further progression.
- Diabetic hand syndrome is a condition in which the skin over the hands become waxy and thick. It also causes the restriction in the joint movements of the hand. This is usually seen in persons with very long standing and untreated diabetes. It is uncommon among general population and exact cause is also not known yet.
- Physiotherapy will definitely improve the condition and prevent further progression.
- Osteoarthritis - individual suffering with type 2 diabetes and obesity are more prone to osteoarthritis. In this the cartilage inside the joint between the bones is degenerated.
Signs and symptoms are:
- Pain in the affected jointslimited joint movements or stiffnessreduced flexibilityswellingweight loss, exercise, proper medication, physiotherapy, oil massage and vasti will improve the condition.
- Frozen shoulder
- Majority of people suffering with diabetes have high chance of getting frozen shoulder.
- Signs and symptoms
- Pain and tenderness over the shoulder regionunable to lift the hand over headdecreased range of shoulder movements.
Physiotherapy plays a very important role in management of frozen shoulder. In ayurvedic rasna saptaka kashayam and trayodashanga guggulu are very effective. External treatments like patra pinda sveda, kukkutanda sveda will drastically reduce the pain.
Forestier disease - It is commonly known as dish - diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Usually spine is mostly affected. There will be hardening and thickening of tendons and ligaments around the joints along with extra growth of bone.
Symptoms are pain and restricted movement. Advanced stage may require surgical intervention.
Dupuytren deformity - It is a condition characterised by pain, contracture of fingers and you will be unable to straighten the affected fingers. It is caused due to thickening of tendons, ligaments and other connective tissues in the palm. It is usually seen in persons with diabetes for very long period.
External treatments like abhyanga, sevda along with physiotherapy will reduce the symptoms.type diabetes