Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. GowthamiYour feedback matters!
Hey I am 25 year old and I am feeling dull in this summer what can I do? Please suggest. My weight is 51kg.
Sugary foods and drinks can cause tooth decay, especially if you eat them between meals. The longer the sugary food is in contact with the teeth, the more damage it can cause. The sugars found naturally in whole fruit are less likely to cause tooth decay because the sugars are contained within the structure of the fruit. Sugars are also added to a wide range of foods, such as sweets, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, and some fizzy drinks and juice drinks. These are the sugary foods that we should cut down on.
Tips to cut down on sugars
For a healthy, balanced diet, cut down on foods and drinks containing added sugars.
Instead of sugary fizzy drinks and juice drinks, go for water or unsweetened fruit juice
Swap cakes or biscuits for a currant bun, scone or some malt loaf with low-fat spread.
If you take sugar in hot drinks or add sugar to your breakfast cereal, gradually reduce the amount until you can cut it out altogether.
Rather than spreading jam, marmalade, syrup, treacle or honey on your toast, try a low-fat spread, sliced banana or low-fat cream cheese instead.
Check nutrition labels to help you pick the foods with less added sugar, or go for the low-sugar version.
Try halving the sugar you use in your recipes - it works for most things except jam and ice cream.
Choose wholegrain breakfast cereals, but not those coated with sugar or honey.
I am 46 years old and diabetic II since 2002. At present I am taking Amaryl 2mg (daily one tab) -- glucophase 500 mg (daily 3 tab) ---Cardace 2.5 mg (daily 1 tab) Januvia 100 mg (daily 1 tab. At presently by HbA1C is 7.4. Please advice.
I am 29 years old male am an accountant. My weight is only 49 kg. Sir give some suggestions for increasing my weight without any side effects.
I need lose only belly fat without looking anemic. I also like to become more healthy n improve my complexion.
I am 52 years old woman. I have nabothian cycst in cervix I have done pap smear test one year back. At that time there was nothing wrong. Now I have back pain.
Iam 22 years and my height is 5 11' my weight is 58 so please suggest how to increase my weight naturally.
Since, water helps in improving complexion, as well as the texture of the skin, regulating bowel movements, purifies blood and help in proper blood circulation.
Moreover, if you have any kind of skin related problem like dark circles, acne, pigmentation, and oiliness or dryness then you should drink water as much as possible.
The recommended quantity of water intake for one day is 1.5 liter to 2 litre of water to prevent us from dehydration.
Hi sir, I workout and obviously to recover the muscle fibres that I break down during my session I need protein so I was researching for internet that soyabean is a good source of protein and I also read that high doses of it increases estrogen in body causing manly boobs. I do not want those im a male I just wanted to ask if thats the truth? And is taking 50g of soya beans is safe? How much amount is safe?
She is 60 years old and 85 kg. Due to fat she can't walk . She take's honey lemon Luke warm water regularly BT no effect. She can't exercise due to age. please suggest drug to reduce fat without any side effect.
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Improves metabolism: Paneer contains high amounts fiber, which helps in improving the digestive process of the body. It also adds bulk to the stool and helps in feeling full.
- Controls blood pressure: It regulates blood pressure as it contains potassium, which helps in lowering blood pressure by controlling the effect that sodium has on your body.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.