Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. GowthamiYour feedback matters!
I am n non vegetarian and my weight is 40 kg. I am 18 years old female. I want to increase my weight but in a healthy way. I am also keen on increasing my height. Is it possible in this age. Can you please help me!
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Diabetes is a condition in the body, which is characterized by blood sugar spikes that result in the body being unable to use the glucose in the body.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
The various ayurvedic remedies for diabetes are:
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables
- You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.
I am 22 years old. I weighted 68 at 18 years now I am 91kg it increased nearly 22kg in 4 years is it normal or abnormal I take diets for last 2 months and doing exercise at least 5 days per week but my weight does not decrease why.
My mother's age is 51 and her weight is 72 with height 5'2. Most of the time she sweat suddenly even in winters too. Bp is normal as well sugar. Sometimes while sleeping she sweat completely. All tests are normal please suggest.
I went for first time for checking diabetes. I have undergone hba1c test on 26th Oct and it is 6%. I went to a different diagnosis centre on 28th Oct and it is 5.2%. Surprised about different values, I took test at a different place on 31st October and it is 5.2%. Is first one a wrong value or can the value differ too much in just 3 days?
I want increasing my weight I am vere thin my height is nice but I do not have proper shape to my body please give some tips to bring my body in shape.
I have lost my interest in eating foods. So I have always feel somewhat weak. What should I do to increase my appetite.
Age 55 everyday 60 minutes evening walk stopped after hot temperatures for full one month is it harmful? No other exercises Thanks.
Skim or fat-free milk, non-dairy creamer, plain yogurt, sugar-free yogurt, sugar-free pudding, sugar-free ice cream, sugar-free nondairy frozen desserts
Portions of dairy products are often limited to 4 ounces due to high protein, potassium or phosphorus content
Chocolate milk, buttermilk, sweetened yogurt, sugar sweetened pudding, sugar sweetened ice cream, sugar sweetened nondairy frozen desserts
This time I am feeling weakness in my body and I am taking sleep around 11 hours in a day. I am student so to prevent this which treatment I can take. Thank you.
Arnica alone will change your life! It is a fabulous homeopathic remedy for physical trauma (from accidents to childbirth), shock, bruising, exhaustion, jet lag and much more.
Calendula ointment or cream is Nature’s finest antiseptic. Available in most health food stores, made from marigolds, it promotes rapid healing and prevents wounds from turning septic.
Have a great week