Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Dharani KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am very lean from my birth. I have taken many tonics and tablets but no response. What should I do?
I am a boy. And I want to decrease my belly fat as far as possible. So please suggest mt a complete diet to it. So I can do exercises. And also having control on foods.
Hello Please suggest sufficient diet suggested with gaining weight which type of diet should be taken into right time and right moment please help me.
Hi. I started having warm water with lemon juice and honey in morning after wakeup on empty stomach. 1st day. I had but on second day my stomach was totally not comfortable like felling heavily some burning. And became large tummy. As I am unable to eat sufficient and sometimes I feel like vomiting also some disconnect has happened after doing for 1 day only I just want know the reasons for this.
I am diabetic taking alopathic medicine. sugar label is F.141 & aft. Food 200. Also no tanav in penis. Pl suggest some homeopathic medicine for sugar and also for improve in sex. My age is 53.
I am 38 years female, with 70 kgs weight. I am bearing a burning sensation with pins and needles feelings on my feet since four months. Kindly suggest.
I have diabetes. My sugar levels are getting lo. I am taking sugar, glucose, chocolates etc. But still the level is not increasing. What should I do.
Can a person in the age group of 50/55 years inhale oxygen twice in a week for about 1/2 to 1 hour? If so what is the benefit?
My name is Thiru. My question is how to increase weight in my body naturally, pls tell me how to increase weight.
My fat is too much m nt able to reduce what to do m 18 years old n look eldr thn my sister of 23 yrs of age.
Hi Myself Hafizur Rahman. I am worked at private sector. I am 21 years old. My problem is the sometime ago my weight was 68 kilo. And some days for I looking my weight also decrease and my figure looking down. So please tell me how to solve this issue.
Sir my weight is 85kgs for these 6feet it is suggest able wt or not. At back side of stomach so much fat is storing and how to reduce these fat by naturally or I need to use any medicines.
I have a desk job and in the last 2yeas , my weight has gone up from 75 kgm to 85 kgm. I want to lode weight. Please help.
I am 19 years old boy. I am going to gym and I take calcium tab 500 mg daily. Is it good or not. Please help me. And tell me these tab will not cause any future defect in my body.
I am 71 years old and a diabetic person since 1987 (diagnosed). Diabend m, 1-0-1- pionorm 0-1-0 and liponorm 10 0-0-1. Now glucose level 145 (one week ago) is this ok?
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.