Doctor in Zion Aesthetics Skin And Hair Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
Zion Aesthetics Skin And Hair Clinic provides answers that are very helpful. Your answer was very helpful for me... So thanks for giving me advise
Lupus is an inflammatory disease that is chronic in nature. It occurs when your tissues and organs are attacked by your body's own immunity system. The inflammation that this disease causes can affect the other parts of your body as well, like the joints, kidneys, skin, brain etc. It is often difficult to diagnose because it lacks distinct symptoms. However, one of the most identifiable symptoms of lupus is a ring-shaped rash on the face.
Lupus can be caused by a number of factors like:
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- Susceptibility towards infections
- Certain anti-seizure, blood pressure and antibiotic medicines
The symptoms are neither distinct nor regular. However, some common symptoms could be
- Fatigue and fever
- Pain in the joints, stiffness and swelling
- Ring-shaped facial rash
- Skin lesions on exposure to the sun
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
What else can lupus lead to?
Several complications may arise if lupus is left untreated. Some of them are-
- Kidney damage and failure
- Hallucination, seizures, strokes and several other problems associated with the brain and the central nervous system
- Anemia, blood clotting, vasculitis etc.
- Increased susceptibility to pneumonia
- Increased risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases
Lupus is a significantly dangerous disease and medical help should be immediately sought if you think that you have symptoms associated with it. Treatment depends on the signs and symptoms of individual patients.
Are you observing red, crusty patches on the surface of your infant’s skin during his/her first month after birth? This is an indication of infant eczema. It is a dry, itchy skin condition which may occur on any part of your child’s body and is commonly found on the cheeks, legs and arms. This condition is sometimes confused with cradle cap, which is another skin condition.
Eczema usually runs in families and is hereditary. If you have eczema, it is likely that your child may have it too. Several problems in the skin barrier allow germs inside and moisture to go out. This is a common cause of eczema in infants. The condition occurs when the body makes insufficient fatty cells or ceramides. When there is not enough of these, the skin loses water and becomes extremely dry.
Does Eczema In Infants Go Away By Itself?
In many cases, infant eczema goes away on its own and most infants outgrow the condition by the time they are ready for school. However, some children do get eczema during their adulthood. This may continue for years without specific symptoms. Such children also tend to have dry skin.
Here are some home treatment options for infant eczema:
You should use moisturizers on your child. Moisturisers containing ceramides are a good option, which are available at all over-the-counter (OTC) stores by prescription. You can also opt for good moisturizers, fragrance-free creams and ointments like petroleum jelly. This helps in keeping your baby’s skin in retaining natural moisture. Apply these after a bath.
A lukewarm bath is beneficial for your child. It helps in hydrating and cooling the skin. The water should not be very hot and the bath should not exceed 10 minutes. You can also add oatmeal soaking products to your baby’s scrub for soothing itchiness.
You must use mild and unscented body soaps for your baby. This is because perfumed, antibacterial and deodorant soaps are rough for your baby’s skin. Scrub some soap on areas of your child’s body where there is dirt, such as the genitals, feet and hand. Do not rub or pat his/her skin.
Several medicines are also used for the treatment of infant eczema. These include hydrocortisone creams and ointments, which help in easing inflammation and itching. You should not apply these medicines in excess as they can thin the skin on the affected areas.
You should consult a doctor on observing any signs or symptoms of eczema on your child’s skin. This will help in proper diagnosis of the problem and an early treatment plan will prevent further deterioration of the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
All of us desire to possess a healthy and glowing skin but factors like unhealthy lifestyle practices, inadequate sleep, extreme stress, anxiety and poor dietary choices tend to damage the health of your skin, giving it a dull and tired appearance.
The following are some tips that will enable you to revitalize your skin:
- Quit smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking reduces blood circulation to the interior of your skin layers, which makes your skin look dull and tired. Alcohol tends to reduce blood circulation, nutrients and quantity of oxygen supply to your skin. Hence, it is essential to limit the usage of both alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink lots water: Water is essential for the smooth functioning of your system. It is extremely important to hydrate your cells, to enable effective elimination of toxins from your system. An adequately hydrated body will add a healthy glow to your skin as well.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet that is rich in carbohydrates and fats tend to cause more wrinkles. Green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits have antioxidants and essential vitamins, while food like fish, tofu, white meat, beans, lentils are rich in protein, all of which tend to make your skin appear younger. A balanced diet that incorporates essential nutrients is good for your skin cells and its rejuvenation. Eat mixed nuts to increase the elasticity of your skin; most nuts contain fatty acids that enable your skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Use sunscreen: Almost ninety percent of the wrinkles occur due to extreme sun exposure. It is advisable to use effective sunscreen and sun protection techniques to prevent sun damage. It not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun but also protects it from sun burn and sun tans.
- Remove your make up prior to sleep: When you go to bed without removing your make-up, the accumulated dirt and sweat tend to clog your skin pores. It is extremely necessary to remove your make up prior to sleep to lessen the risk of pimple and formation of rash on skin.
- Go to bed early: Inadequate sleep tends to lower your blood circulation, which is responsible for making you look washed out and pale. Proper sleep not only gives your body the required rest but also enables your skin to rejuvenate itself through involuntary renewal process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, I am trying to loose weight as I am having a little fat at my stomach area and on daily basis I am getting acne and pimples every day, can you please help me to get rid of this?
With the evolution of medical technology, we have made inroads when it comes to evolved methods of treating a variety of ailments and conditions. The use of lasers is now commonplace for a number of surgeries and non-invasive procedures that can help in treating many conditions. From hair removal to surgeries, there are a number of places where lasers enjoy medical and cosmetic use. There is a common misnomer that lasers have detrimental effects and may even be carcinogenic or cancer causing in nature.
Let us find out why lasers cannot cause cancer.
- Penetration of light: For many people, it may be a cause of concern that laser treatment of the hair, skin or other parts of the body is done with the penetration of high energy beams in that part of the body. Yet, the beams do not penetrate that deeply. Usually, this penetration only happens to the extent of hair follicles and skin, which leaves the internal organs safe.
- Redness: At the very maximum, the lasers can cause a reaction like redness on the skin. This does not mean that the lasers are capable of causing cancer. This can simply be treated with the help of ice application on the affected area.
- Mutations: There have been many reports that say the ionising radiation of the laser beams can cause DNA mutations. Yet, this is not true. These DNA mutations can lead to the manifestation and production of abnormal and cancerous cells, which can further progress and spread to become malignant tumours. Yet, laser treatments and applications do not have the power to cause such DNA mutations, and there is no medical evidence that suggests the same.
- Treating areas near reproductive organs: There are many women who opt for laser hair removal which is a more permanent solution for waxing and other forms of hair removal that we go through on a regular basis. But many women are also concerned that it may actually cause problems and cancer when it comes to the reproductive organs, in case the hair removal treatment and lasers are applied to the area near these organs. This is not true because the laser beams are merely applied to the hair follicles of the area. Since, laser beams are not applied to the reproductive organ, which ensures that there is no effect on the internal reproductive organ in any way.
Before trying out laser treatment, it is important to try it on a small portion of your skin so that you can be sure that it does not affect you and cause a reaction. Further, for laser related surgeries, it is important to turn to a well known clinic, hospital or doctor so that the right level of energy is used during the surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!