Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir, I am 44 year of female and having constant lower back pain. I am taking homeopathic medicine. But not getting much relief. Also my 5 year old some is having saviour congestion. Thanking you,
My mother has frozen shoulder and has so ng some exercises quite a month Please suggest to get the relief.
My grandmother is suffering from diabetes and her sugar level keeps fluctuating. She often has joints pain and it creates problem for her while walking and working at home.
Hi doctors I am suffering from neck pain can you tell me how you can decrease it because I am totally disturb.
Hi, my father aged 55 is suffering from numbness (jhun jhuni in Hindi) when he sleep, after wake up he feels numbness for some second, and after that slowly slowly he feels no numbness. Actually, numbness he feels in leg since last two years. And now numbness happen in any part of the body including head too. He consulted to lot of doctor but still he feels no improvement. Please suggest what should we do.
I am suffering from right knee mild pain when walking especially climbing stairs visited doctor had xray and mri scan as per the report the following are the observations mild thickening of the proximal half of the medial collateral ligament discoid configuration of lateral meniscus with subtle grade II signalchanges involving the posterior horns of the lateral and medial menisci mild irregularity of the articular surface of the patella doctor advised me to take KONDRO-OD tablets for 5 months please suggest if anything I can do for improvement thank you sir
I am suffering with heavy pain in my backbone and shoulder with the joint of hips and backbone at waistline also the pain in elbo, knee and ankle. Due to this pain I have temp. Also unable to stand and sit. please Advice.
I am a 54 years old women for the last 15 days, I am suffering from tremendous pain in my right leg from knee downward in morning and I can" t even get down without the help of other walking is not so difficult.
I am a 25 year old male, met with an accident this morning. I was riding a bike which fell down on right side, shoulder and elbow are paining severely just able to move a bit, however there is a small external injury. My shoulder is not moving firmly with elbow. I have seen a doctor near by as advised by him I have to keep my arm in arm sling for a week. Can you please advise any other alternative to this as the pain is unbearable (got confirmed that this is not a fracture) Your urgent advice would be appreciated.
I have been having a lot of back ache and shoulder problems. I think I strained some muscles as im nto a lot of sports. Please suggest some remedy.
I have problem backbone some times it pains more also and I want to grow my hair on my face means dhadi. Give some medicines. Or tell me what to do?
My mother is suffering from osteoporosis for last 16 years and under medication from then. Now she is suffering from kidney problems detected by Dr. She hardly goes to urinate once through out the day. Her legs are swelled. She has high Bp. please give some suggestions.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory.