Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Zahir HussainYour feedback matters!
Pl suggest a vitamin, supplement or tonics for a diabetic patient. He is feeling very week, and he is looking very thin after diabetic.
My Mother is having itching & skin diseases from long time, she is also suffering from Thyroid, BP & Heart problems. Tell what she can do?
I am 34 years and I am suffering from gout with severe pains in joints and heals in joints and my uric acid levels is 7.8 I am using medicines medicines any problem.
My father is a diabetic patient . He has been suffering from diabetics from more than 15 yrs. He used to take insulin Novomix 30 twice with tablets as prescribed by the doctor but since last month fluctuations in sugar level have been noted. He is not suffering from hypertension . Constipation problem has been persisting for years.please help
Hello sir my wife frequently suffering from ribs & hip pains last 5 years , we undergo some orthopaedic treatment & done some tests like pcr, thyroid mri & some other but didn't come to exact reason, please guide us.
I have type 2 Diabetes. Recently diagnosed for glomurenia (membranous). What should be the future procedure?
'Metabolic' are the biochemical processes that are involved in the normal functioning of your body. Risk factors are common traits, habits or conditions that raise your risk of developing a disease. Metabolic syndrome is the term used for a group of factors that increase your risk of developing the cardiac diseases and other health issues, like stroke and diabetes. Metabolic syndrome is becoming a prevalent disorder due to a sharp rise in the rate of obesity among adults. Metabolic syndrome may soon overtake smoking as the dominant risk factor responsible for heart disorders.
The following are some of the dominant symptoms of metabolic syndrome:
- Abdominal obesity
- A high level of Triglyceride( 150 and higher)
- A lowered level of HDL (good cholesterol)
- Blood pressure of 130/85 and above
- Increased level of blood sugar (fasting) of 110 or more
It is not impossible to prevent the onset of metabolic syndrome. Slight lifestyle alterations can help to delay the onset of the disorder. In order to control metabolic syndrome effectively, you need to require long term dedication towards your health.
The following are some tips that may help you to control your metabolic syndrome:
- Lead an active life: Studies suggest that if you lead an active life, you run a lower risk of developing metabolic syndrome. If you exercise on a regular basis and participate in physical activities, it will help you to reduce your blood pressure level. Active lifestyle is also known to improve your insulin sensitivity, which will help you to control your metabolic syndrome effectively.
- Healthy diet: A healthy and balanced diet that comprises of fresh leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and whole grains carbohydrates is good for your overall health and helps to prevent or slow down the onset of metabolic syndrome.
- Drink in moderation: A glass of wine on a daily basis is beneficial for your health. According to recent studies, moderate intake of wine may lower a person's risk of developing metabolic syndrome. It must be kept in mind that wine is only helpful when consumed in moderation. In fact, over indulgence in wine is actually injurious to health.
- Maintain an ideal body weight: Obese people are more prone to suffer from high blood pressure and increased blood sugar level; all of which fuel the risk of developing metabolic syndrome. Reduce your excessive body fat to achieve an ideal body weight to lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
My mother having numbness both on her hands and toes. Her vitamin B12 range is good. Sugar under control. She is taking neurobion forte daily. What is this symptom? She is 77 years old.
I 'm diabetic patient. My diabetes not under control. please help me. There are some problems like sexual problem. This problem is very big. please plz help me.
Prevention is better than cure, and this is the absolute truth when it comes to battling Diabetes
If you want to prevent Diabetes from occurring within in your family and friends than you should understand and remember the basics of it.
Diabetes mellitus is neither a singular nor isolated form of occurrence. It a group of diseases, marked by high blood sugar levels which occurs when our body is unable to produce and utilize insulin optimally. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas and it is important to maintain blood sugar.
Common symptoms of Diabetes include
1. Increased thirst and Urination
2. Increased Hunger
3. Weight loss
5. Blurred Vision
6. Extreme craving (for fatty and sugary food items)
Uncontrolled Diabetes can lead to complications such as Blindness, Loss of Memory, Kidney malfunction, Fatty Liver, Heart Disease, Nerve Damage leading to Amputations.
Type 2 Diabetes is most common variety. it develops when the body fails to utilize the insulin properly and is most commonly now found in overweight children.
Here are 5 ways you can prevent it
1. Curb it young: Forget the myth that children cannot get diabetes. Today, children as young as 12 years of age are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes. Introduce a healthy diet routine for the children as well as for adults in the family. Children are known to emulate what they learn from their elders and thus it is imperative that inculcate healthy eating habits in them right from childhood.
2. Stay Stress-free: Reduce stress in daily life. Stress causes sudden surges in insulin levels.
3. Workout: Exercising regularly helps to keep diabetes at bay.
4. Say No to junk food: Keep Junk Foods restricted to once or maybe twice a month. These days almost all restaurants offer healthy but tasty options to choose from and therefore family or business outings can no longer be an excuse to indulge in heavy, calorific food that is devoid of any real nutrition.
5. Mind your weight: If you are more than 5 Kgs overweight, then please consider going on a diet immediately to reduce sugar levels in your body. Not only would you feel more energetic but also more ‘alive!’
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.