Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Zahir HussainYour feedback matters!
Effects of Consuming Beans
Beans prevents constipation, helps hemorrhoids, lowers cholesterol, combats cancer, stabilizes blood sugar.
What is cause of Pericardial effusion and how it can be cured. Thyroid TSH positive can cause it? If so how it can be cured?
I am 42 year old and am diabetic since last 20 years. I am on insulin. Still their is no control on sugar level. My hba1c levels are around 8.5.
Hello I am a 24 year male, from childhood I have infertility complex, low self-esteem, some time my actions and thoughts are unwilling to me. I have high temper. I am always confused, ready to quit hard works.
I am 47 year old Male. In the recent blood tests, I got the HbA1C reading as 7.3 and the average blood glucose 163 mg/dl. I feel I am a potential diabetic. I want to reduce / keep Sugar levels in control with the help of Yoga and Ayurveda. Please suggest.
I am a mom of a toddler 2 years old and working as well having hypothyroid. I am so much exhausted that wen I go to bed I juat want to sleep dat is the reason I have a fight with my husband almost every day he says I dnt have interest in sex. Whybthis ia so I really do not feel like having sex.
My weight is 110kg in the age of 18. I have thyroid problem. I do exercises but it is of no use. And my tsh is also normal. I consulted a doctor and he referred to just exercise.
Hi Im 30 years old, n I have hypo thyroid, so naturally I have mood swings very often and I get irritated very easily now day, plus cherry on the cake, im always sad. Im not that kind who stays sad for long, but even then im always sad n depressed, also I have warts around my vagina, its not becoz of intercourse, I have warts on my fingers n im cleanliness freak so I used to clean the vagina thrice so it could b the reason how can I rid of both the issues please suggest.
If I take boiled fenugreek early morning empty stomach is causes reduced sugar levels in my body? Kindly guide me.
I am 62 yrs old with good health excepting border-line sugar and high in sgpt/sgot about 1.5 times higher than normal limit.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Diabetes is a condition in the body, which is characterized by blood sugar spikes that result in the body being unable to use the glucose in the body.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below:
- Fatigue: You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
- Frequent urination: You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
- Weight gain: You may experience weight gain.
- Bruises take longer time to heal: Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
The various ayurvedic remedies for diabetes are:
- Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
- Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
- Make a mixture of turmeric, powdered fenugreek seeds, white pepper and milk. Consume this drink at least twice a day.
- Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
- Limit sugar consumption by restricting foods such as banana, potato and rice.
- Consume bitter vegetables
- You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
- Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.