Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I am 40 years old, a sales manager of an insurance company. I am a patient of diabetic & hypertension. I wants to know about my lifestyle. I am taking glicomate sr 500 daily.
I am 39 years old. I am married. I have two child. While having sex I don't have fully erected despite being strong sex desire. Please suggest what to do?
Doctor Yawning coming regularly while going a bus. Sometimes within a minute lot of times has come. please give some tips to stop this yawning.
I am 52 years male suffering from body pains and fever 102.9 degree Celsius for last 3 days. Dr. Gave prescriptions should I get thoroughly checked? I'm not diabetic or any blood pressure patient.
Testicular cancer is mostly witnessed among young adults in the age range of 24–35. It results from the growth of abnormal cells in the testes. It is not the most common type of cancer found in the body, but can pose a serious threat to an individual if not treated early. The cure rate is one of the highest among all kinds of cancer found in the body. This being said, the rate of cure is totally dependent on the stage of detection.
Risk Factors for Testicular Cancer
The historical trend of testicular cancer suggests that white men are prone to this type of cancer than their African, Asian and Latino counterparts. A person with a family history of testicular cancer of HIV is at higher risk of getting this disease. Some other risk factors include Klinefelter’s syndrome and cryptorchidism.
Protection from Testicular Cancer
There is no hard and fast rule of protection. It is suggested that the testicles get evaluated while routine medical check-up. A person with a family history of testicular cancer should opt for a periodic checkup after every three months. In case a patient has already recovered from testicular cancer, routine medical tests are a must to ensure non-recurrence.
Symptoms of Testicular Cancer
The common symptom is a swelling in the testicle. It feels like a thickening of the testicle and is mostly painless. Minor discomfort in the swelling region is often reported. Some other symptoms include back pain, ache in the scrotum and groin, change in the size of the testicle, bloating of the lower abdomen and heavy sensation of the scrotum. There is a rare form of this cancer, which produces a female hormone called estrogen in a man’s body. This disease results in a lack of sexual desire, lump in the affected area, etc. Even less serious testicular cancer might show these symptoms. An oncologist should be immediately consulted if one or more of these symptoms surfaces.
What are the treatment options?
Testicular cancer is mostly cured with the help of a surgery. A follow-up radiation and chemotherapy is suggested by doctors to destroy the surrounding cells. It is done to ensure that the cancer cells do not spread easily and the chance of recurrence is minimal. The rate of cure depends on early detection.
Does testicular cancer affect sexuality?
In most of the cases, testicular cancer is detected in one testicle. If this is the case, the other testicle produces all the hormones needed for sexual drive. It also does not affect sex drive, beard and muscularity. There is also a large section of patients who reported of a difficult sexual life after the surgery. There can be some discomfort in the scrotum as well.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized oncologist and ask a free question.
I have piles problem and I have been operated four times but still I have the same problem they are telling you have to go another time operation which I can't because I am suffering a lot doctor please help me out.
I am 22 year old male. I have headache problem since last 8 year. What should I do to cure it? Which medicine should I take. What should I have to eat?
My brother is 21 years old and he is sexually active since last 2 years. He is feeling sudden increase in size of gonads from 3-4 months. Sometimes gonads looks bigger and sometimes they look normal and the right part of gonad is somewhat bigger than left one. Is there anything serious about this change? What could be the reason behind this change?
I am 25 years old I am from hyderabad last night I was doing some work unfortunate I fell down on the ground I had some kind of illness like headache.
I am a 29 year old male from Mumbai working in an MNC. I am getting married on Feb 7th 2017 and below is my detailed health concern. I am a sexually active person in my life I had taken a big risk when I had brief unprotected sex with a CSW on 1st October 2015 (Post which I have never ever visited any CSW or taken any such risks) The act made so scared that I got myself test with 4th generation test at Metropolis India after 7 weeks of exposure. Reports were negative initially I was very happy but slowly many doubts raised in my mind because of excessive research online and so I got myself tested again and again. In this one year I got myself tested 15 times. Just when I was about to forget things and live a normal life my fiance gave me a shocking news that in Sep 2016 she had sex with her childhood friend once. She was guilty about and asked pardon for the same and I also forgave her. But yet I made her take the test after her three weeks of sex and I also took a test. Post which we had sex on 1st Oct 2016 and again for reassurance I took a test 4 weeks later. Now my worry is: 1) The chances of her getting infected from her friend for a very brief sex is very low but still I doubt her and the situation despite the reports coming normal. technically I risked myself by going to CSW but she did not do anything of that sort but I still doubt I do not know why 2) Recently I got a small cut from a barber shop and than again I started getting paranoid about HIV. 3) Time and again and again for every small thing happening to me i.e. Cold, cough I relate it to HIV. My day starts with the thought and hear of HIV and ends with it. I am unable to cope up with these thoughts and behavior towards it. I know life is very uncertain but yet I keep thinking about and getting tensed a lot. Please help me with all my worries and anxiety, help me out with detailed explanation.
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 21 years old male, I am having piles, pain is less, is it a serious problem having piles at this age. please suggest me a solution to this. I'm afraid.
I'm not getting good sleep these days and during the day I feel terribly tired. What can be the reason?
The solution is to not intentionally think further about plans, but with faith surrender to the supreme and instead of thinking about the plans it is better to read a nice book, listen to nice music or talks which do not allow mind to get frustrated with mental speculations. Drinking cow's milk in night before sleep also should help