Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YaserYour feedback matters!
I am vishnu malviya my problem is that my teeth is a yellow, I want to a suggestion for this problem, and second is that my each teeth is very far away between this have a big gap, what can I do for all this problem.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
Hi doctor, I have yellow tooth even though I brush everyday is there any treatment to make it look white and attractive.
I am Mr. kumar I have some dental problem already two tooth are removed due to cavvitess problem. Please tell me good sagetion for strong and healthy tooth.
Before 15 days my wisdom tooth extraction was done. After that I am experiencing severe pain from lower jaw to the upper part of the ear. Is it from wisdom tooth extraction or from something else. Please tell.
I am 27 yr old male having severe pirea problem and with bad breath also. Please help doctor I have already gone or cleaning if teeth twice but it again come back to same condition.
Since from past six months I have wisdom teeth problem, I have facial and headaches pain and also my face joints means my upper and lower joints has be tight. What I have do for this problem.
I am 31 years old, while night I am getting lots of spit in my mouth, what should I do for that? Please.
Let us thank you for your efforts, and we assure you that your kids will be thankful to you in the future
BRUSHING- the WHEN & HOWs…?
You should start with cleaning your infant’s teeth with a wet wash cloth, however as your kid gets more teeth, you can start to use a soft children’s toothbrush. Brushing should be done in more circular motion covering both front and back side of all the teeth from gums towards teeth.
The TOOTHPASTE confusion? Your child may be at risk of too much fluoride intake, so your choice of toothpaste is simple yet essential. If using fluoridated toothpaste, use a small, pea-size amount of toothpaste, so that there is little danger for your child getting too much fluoride if he swallows it. The alternative off course is to use non-fluoridated toothpaste, until they are spitting the toothpaste out.
FLOSSING- simple yet effective tool ? Flossing is an important part of good oral hygiene. Your child should start flossing from the age of 3-4 years, but they likely won't be able to floss on their own, so your role will be to assist them. It should be encouraged at least once a day
FLUORIDE- the right balance ? Children begin to need supplemental fluoride by the age of six months. The additional requirement is dependent on child’s environment. If your kid is drinking tap water and you live in an area with the water is fluoridated, then he should be getting an adequate amount of fluoride. If he doesn't drink water much, or is drinking well water, un-fluoridated bottled water, then he may not be getting enough fluoride to keep his teeth healthy. Talk with your Pediatric Dentist for elaborate details about fluoride supplements in forms of gels and varnishes.
SEALENTS- Sealing the future cavity ? A sealant is a plastic material that provides a protective coating to the teeth, thereby acts as a barrier against plaque and bacteria from being present in the grooves and pits of the teeth. Molars can be hard to clean with all the grooves and are prone to developing cavities, so sealants can do wonders.
FIRST VISIT- the sooner the better…?
Common practice is that one may not visit a dentist unless your child has risk factors for having problems with teeth, such as sleeping with cup/bottle, teeth staining, thumb sucking, night pain etc. However, an early visit to the child dentist is a good way to learn proper about basics of oral hygiene at an early age.