Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Yamini KannappanYour feedback matters!
she is one of the best psychiatry doctors i have ever met. she will listen to all your problems and give you a good counselling as well as medications. she is not money minded also. i am very happy with her treatment. she cured my friend wh was under severe depression with 2 weeks. thumbs up for her service.
I have some short of depression like I am addicted to tobbaco. I eat medicine then eat tobacco so it doesn't improve my health. Can you suggest me some action to come out of this situation?
I am 23 and I sweat a lot and specially my palms and foot? I get very irritated because of that which leads to high level anxiety. What might be the reason and the reason.
Hi, I am working as Technical consultant in a MNC. I have 6 years experience in the relevant field. As the part of my job functionality I would have to meet doctors and my fellow colleagues. During our meetings I am unable to talk confidently with them even though I am an expert in that. I was feeling shivering voice with low volume I want to skip those meetings. I have fear of failure most of the time I was in the suicidal thoughts. Please help me out.
My son is 9 year old he is studying in class v but his mind is not concentrate on his study els e mind if diverted to other things as playing go to park and he also forget his things in school. These type of prob. What is the solution for this please suggest.
Respected Sir/madam, I don't feel comfortable when I go outside feeling unnecessary fear, like what will happen if something will happen to me. I read many books to get out from this situation but I feel it's next to impossible. I don't feel good when I go anywhere. I only go to my shop and after shop I go back to my home. If anyone ask me to come outside I feel extreme fear, day by day it's raising. I'm really getting confused day by day. I am unable to complete my day by day routing also. Kindly help M struggling with myself. When I share these things with my elder brother he says, It's very serious issue and you have lost your sensation towards the world, and he always suggest me to consult any doctor, I lost my grandfather and grandmother in starting of this year, and they were our guardian but now they are not with us anymore and when these things comes in mind, I lost control on my thoughts. Kindly suggest how can I recover because I want to experience this life.
I lost my best friend in an accident . He was older than me like an elder brother. I used to share everything with him. He was like family to me. And since then I am unable to focus on my studies. I am a final year engineering students and my placements are going to start in 3 weeks. Please help me.
I think I am suffering from a mental problem which is disturbing my daily activities very badly it is happening from holi when you drank bhang I think I am dreaming always my parents doesn't believe me please help me what should be done sometime I become totally blank I get nightmares etc can I go for eeg test or any thing else.
Jab mai kisi se baat krti hu to agar koi word mujhe samjh nhi ata to m dobara poochti hu. Aise hota hai k wohi baat agar next person ne wording change kr k bta di to mujhe aise hota hai k jaise usne phle bola tha same wo hi wording me btae. Nhi to mere mind me wo baat chlti rhti hai k phle usne kya word bola tha. Chahe meaning same ho dono words ka but mujhe phle wala word hi pta chlna chahiye. Fir mera kisi kaam me dhyan nhi lgta thore time k liye bhi wo baat mind se jati nhi hai jb tk m wo baat next person se clear nhi kr leti Phle bhout jyada problem thi ab thori thk hai Phle mujhe ye sb k saath hota tha Lekin ab sirf mere father in law k saath hota hai Jb tk m unse poochti nhi k unhone kya kha tha tb tk mera mind free nhi hota Fer head ache hoti hai Heart beat fast ho jati hai Mind bilkul relax nhi hota Right side jyada headache ki problm hai Phle ye bhi problm thi k agr m kisi ko msg krti thi or wo uska rply nhi krta tha to ye baat bhi mujhe stress deti thi Fir m us prsn se khti thi k apne mere msg ka rply nhi kiya Rply ane k baad sb thk ho jata hai Aise hi baat pta chle k baad ek dum relax ho jati hu Ab msg wali problm nhi hai But ye problm continu hai k baat pta nhi chlti to tnsd rhti hu Fir kuch krne ko mn nhi krta Ab m married hu from 7 months Mujhe bout problm aa rhi hai please help me M clomipramine 50 mg Escitelopram 20 mg le rhi hu But thora fark hai Pr mujhe is se neend bhout ati hai please suggest me something am in trouble.
Dear doctor. When I travel that time I have vomiting tendency. What is the problem. It's only starting before 1 month.
My upper back hurts and unable me to run or jump and my body cannot absorb shock as my back hurts what to do.
I want to know whether I am tongue tied or not .i m 18 years old .i feel little difficult in speech when I speak fast.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I failed in my exam and I feel very sad, I don't notice any type of conversation and sometime I become very angry. Please help me.
Here are Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
Hello, everyone, I am Dr. Sudeshna Biswas senior consultant neuron-psychiatrist attached with Fortis C-DOC Hospital Nehru place and have my own clinic at CR Park. Today we are going to discuss a very common issue Anxiety. Now the moment we hear the word anxiety many questions come to our mind. What is anxiety? How do we know that we are suffering any kind of anxiety disorder? And how do we know that we have to seek any professional help? Does any age group or any sex acceptable to this disorder? So, so many questions come to our mind? So let’s try to find out the answers of these questions?
So now let’s begin with what is anxiety? Anxiety is nothing but Anxiousness in a stressful situation. Now when anxiety becomes overwhelming or starts interfering day to day life that is what anxiety disorder is. So let’s just try to find out what are the symptoms of anxiety disorders so you can detect the symptoms of anxiety disorder of it is there with you at the earliest.
- Now there are two groups of anxiety disorders. The first group, we call it emotional symptoms, the second group is a physical symptom. Now emotional symptom could be in the form of apprehension, restlessness, reduction in the concentration, difficulty in retaining things in your mind that are memory loss. Physical symptoms could be in the form of increased heart rate or a feeling of palpitation, shortness of breath or a stomach upset, numbness in hands and legs, pains in hand and legs, headache, shivering, tremor and some more.
After knowing the symptoms of anxiety disorder let’s talk about what are the types of anxiety disorders?
- Now there are many types of anxiety disorders. I would try to brief few of them. One could be a generalized anxiety disorder. In this generalized anxiety disorder, people have various reasons to feel anxious throughout the day, many thought keeps on coming into their minds of a different variety. Usually, when these symptoms are lasting for at least six months of duration people are considered to be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder.
- There is one more disorder we call obsessive compulsive disorder. In this disorder, people might have frequent washing or checking habits. Once single thoughts which is not acceptable to them coming to their mind again and again. Now again if these thoughts are there for two weeks duration they might be suffering from an obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Some other disorders are there like we call it phobia is nothing but a fear of a particular substance. It could be in the form of fear of heights, fear of crowded spaces, examination phobia which is very common among the children.
- Similar kind of other disorders includes social anxiety disorder. In this people have an anxiety of social situations. People become scared that other people are looking at them, probably criticizing them. They have a problem of public speaking etc. So this is one we call it social anxiety disorder.
- Now few others are post-traumatic stress disorder. In this disorder people might have the anxiety symptoms after a big stress in their life, could be Tsunami for example.
- Another type is called panic disorder. In this all the symptoms which are mentioned in physical symptoms, they usually happen for a short duration and people have the feeling that they are going to die the next moment.
So these are all, in short, the different types of anxiety disorder. We would just come straight away towards the treatment.
Treatment could be medicinal or therapeutic. There is various type of medicines available for such kind of disorder. Therapies are there like relaxation therapies, cognitive behavioral therapies and behavioral therapy and many others. So my request to all the viewers would be that please detect your problem at the earliest and seek the help of your near professional because this is a problem that definitely has a solution.
So now to end up if you need my help you can directly come to me by taking the appointment or you can use the app which is Lybrate which is a very good app in your mobile or you can just contact me through lybrate and seek up the appointment. Thank you very much. Stay well.