Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y.V.S Shivakumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Y.V.S ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
My sister have extreme hair loss within a month she is feeling that all her hair will fall so please tell me any kind of treatment for this.
I am 25 year female. I am losing my hair day by day and there is no hair growth I noticed. I take multivitamin and also use many herbal products. For this my hair became rough and dull. What should I do?
I M having hair fall. I am getting pimples like on my scalp and due to which hair fall takes place. A and it's itching also.
I have black spot and pimples on my face, to remove this pimples I used various cream for 4 months. What should I do now?
Our hair quality is fast deteriorating.
Just as our body is made of protein complex so is our hair. It needs optimum enzyme and hormonal functioning to grow and maintain its lustre and shine.
So, what are the hair foods?
- For hair sebum production: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. These are rich in sebum producing vitamin a. 2 to 3 servings of these foods together is required daily to meet the vitamin a requirements.
- For healthy scalp: Stack up vitamin c through 1-2 servings of either citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Along with vitamin c, another powerful antioxidant is vitamin e. The sources are cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts.
- For keratin production and hair growth: Keratin is a protein which makes our hair skeleton. Hence good quality protein from dairy products, eggs, meat, soya beans, pulses needs to be taken daily. The production of keratin needs a vitamin called biotin. It is found in brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk.
- For general hair health: Inositol found in whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits is required for healthy hair at cellular level. Also the requirement of vitamin 6 is high for the absorption of many minerals and enzyme functioning.
To prevent hair loss:
- Foods rich in vitamin b12 like chicken, fish, eggs and milk are required.
- Some minerals like iodine found in table salt and foods produced from iodine rich soil are essential for thyroid hormone regulation which is required for hair texture.
The Disguise stays on during the early years
#Blessings as you grow #Older
But as you grow older you begin to thank your #oily #skin. The reason is that people with #oily #skin are blessed in the way that #wrinkles appear faster on #dry #skin than on #oily #skin. People with #oily skin can enjoy a young looking #skin for a longer time and it is indeed something most people would choose over not having to suffer from #pimples and #acne.
There are some common negligence or mistakes that people with #oily skin unknowingly make though, that only aggravate the problem. Make sure you avoid them to keep your #oily #skin problem at bay. The three common negligence or mistakes that you can make are as discussed below.
1. Washing #Face Frequently
The very first mistake that you make is washing your #face with water frequently. It would of course wash away the #shine, but it would also make your #oil #glands over active and there would be even more secretion of #oil than before.
Advice / Suggestions
a.Wash your #face with cold water but keep it to two to three times daily.
b.Use a soft wet tissue instead to remove the #oil and the #dirt, if you have to. Just make sure you do not put pressure or rub the tissue on your face.
Be very gentle so as not to irritate the oil glands in secreting more oil.
2. Avoiding #Moisturizing the #Skin
The second biggest mistake you can commit is not #moisturizing your #oily #skin. The #oil #glands in your #face are working overtime does not mean that your #facial #skin is #moisturized. Oily #skin and #moisturized are not same.
Advice / Suggestions
There are many gel based natural products available in the market, which are ideal for #moisturizing #oily #skin. Your #oily #skin needs #moisturizers as much as #dry #skin and hence give it what it needs.
3. #Oily Food
The third mistake that you should absolutely avoid is, if you have an oily skin is to eat oily food. As if you need more oil in your system!
Advice / Suggestions
a.Drink lots of water to keep your system clean
b.Avoid oily food as much as possible.
c.Eating fruits are great way to keep your oil under control as well.
I am having acne from 7-8 month it cleared somewhat on the skin but under the skin their is 8 or more cyst of upte 1 cm length what to do to dissolve them will they get dissolve naturally or I have to take medicine compulsory.
Hi I am Anudeep and I am 23 years old ,i had scars on my face which are caused due to acne and black heads. Can I have a remedy to get rid of those scars on my face permanently. Natural way would be better.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as swelling, inflammation, thickening, yellowing and crumbling of your nails, toenail fungus or onychomycosis is indicated. This is a very common problem, which is usually painless, unless the infection gets spread. The fungus thrives under certain conditions like abnormal levels of pH in the skin, a weak immune system, poor hygiene, diabetes and a continuous exposure to moist or damp environment. If not treated properly, toenail fungus can lead to cracking, splitting or total loss of your toenail. There are various ways of treating fungal infections in the nails. Some of them are as follows:
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antifungal properties, which help in treating toenail fungus. You need to mix some drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil and olive oil. Using a piece of cotton, apply the mixture on your affected nail, keep it for 10 minutes and scrub off the nail with a toothbrush. For ideal results, you must repeat this process more than twice regularly.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is a commonly used remedy for fungal infections in your nails. It also helps in neutralizing foot odor. Add baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and Epsom salt in hot water, add vinegar to the mixture and soak your affected nail in the solution. After this, wash your feet with water. Repeat the procedure twice a day for several weeks.
White Vinegar: This is an ideal ingredient for the treatment of toenail fungus. It helps in restoring the pH balance of the skin and fights against infections. Add one part of white vinegar to warm water and soak your affected toenail in it for about 10 minutes. After this, you must wash it off. Carry out the process twice a day for effective results.
Oil of Pregano: Oil of oregano is considered effective because of its antibacterial, antiviral, analgesic and antiseptic properties. It is an ideal way for treating fungal infections in your nails. Mix oregano oil with olive oil, apply the solution on your nails and leave it for over 30 minutes. Repeat the process thrice a day for good results.
- Listerine Mouthwash: Listerine mouthwash is another important home remedy for treating fungal infections in the nails. This mouthwash contains certain compounds along with alcohol, which have very strong antiseptic properties and help in eliminating harmful fungi and bacteria from your nails. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.