Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Y.V.S ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
I am loosing hair quickly. Getting balder day by day. Used lot of remedies and oils, but no results. Hair density is decreasing.
I am 25 years old male. I have suffering from ring patches on my thighs. Its been almost 35-40 days. What is the cure? Thank you.
Hi. I have oily face. Even after face wash my face gets too oily within an hour and my tip of the nose appears too shiny. Please suggest me to get rid of it. It feels uncomfortable.
Any peals which can help to reduce our breast size? Or how can we reduce our Breast Size with out Surgery?
Hi so I have horrible dark circles around my eyes which do not go in spite of adequate sleep and it's not a hereditary problem either. For a year now I've been using make up to cover it but recently my boyfriend broke up with me and he was harsh enough to say that I look the worst without make up which has made me so depressed over time that all I do is cry now and the stress is affecting me in other parts as well and I have lost all my hopes of getting rid of these ugly ass rings around my eyes. Please do NOT give me any natural remedies because I'm tired of them, I've tried in vain for 3 years now and I want something that's the most effective and the quickest way to make them go away. The longer I live with these dark circles, the more I feel suicidal. I do not want to be wearing make up my whole life.
I am 25 years old, and from last few days there are a lot pimples germinated on my face what should I do.
I had a plastic surgery in my right leg in 2007 due to a accident. Still now I don't have sense in that area.
Late night sleep due to scared watch YouTube till 2.30 after taking bed rest medicine daily route, Not even 1 km walking office near by go on active so became healthy body stomach out little , migraine and Gas problem, Dark circle on eye ,oily face , pimple light marks on face . Suggest your best option want to changes lifestyle with your help .
I am getting black shades below my eye how I can remove it and how to increase power of our eyes if we have glass of some number and how to keep eyes safe from getting site. Natural cure.
I am 28 years old. I have pigmentation on my both cheeks. Please tell me how can I remove it permanently.
I have a fair complexion but my skin turned dark during pregnancy. It has not changed post delivery and my face has an uneven skin tone. Please suggest some natural ways to regain my complexion.
I have been diagnosed with folliculitis on my face which has been on for 3 months. I have been taking doxicycline 100mg since a month and clindamycin, clarithromycin for topical application. There is no difference. Kindly advice.
I am 46 years old my problem is that I am suffering from hair falling from last 2 months what can I do? Plse give me solution to recover my hair back.
My hair is long enough to fall. How can I get rid of it. These problem can be overcome by any oiling.
I am 17 years old boy I have pimples in my chest and back. I am doing exercise regularly in gym. It is sweating a lot during exercise. Is this pimples is caused due to this sweating? How can I get rid of these pimples?
Hi i'm 23 years Old, Male I have Black Lips I wont Smoke, Please Suggest me a Good Lip Balm To Get Rid of Black ips.
With the urge to remain and look young constantly on the rise, more and more people are moving towards cosmetic surgical options to retain their youthful looks. Laser therapy is one of the most commonly used procedures in cosmetic surgery. Read on to know additional information on the types of lasers and the various uses in cosmetic surgery.
How it works?
A laser unit produces a beam of high-energy, focused-intense light which selectively interacts with the various tissues in the skin. By altering the amount of light and the area of application, many medical conditions can be treated using laser therapy. While only laser is used in some cases, it could be used in combination with other products in some other people. The skin has an underlying layer of connective tissue which has collagen, elastin, and blood vessels. The laser acts on these and removes the superficial dead layers at the same time improving production of collagen and elastin. The result is youthful, glowing skin that is almost instant.
Types of laser surgery:
Laser is used in multiple ways on the skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing: For treating ageing issues like wrinkles, blemishes, and dark pigments, a beam of the laser is directed at the affected area. It acts on the collagen layer and the result is wrinkle-free skin that looks youthful and glows.
- Removal of skin lesions: For small lesions like birthmarks and warts, the blood vessels are usually affected. A beam of the laser is aimed at these lesions, and by cutting off blood supply to these, the lesions are removed and regrowth is prevented. Laser is also useful in treating spider veins and tattoos. Depending on the severity of the lesion, more than one session may be required. Another major advantage of the laser procedure is that it is done in the outpatient setting and does not require hospitalisation.
- Laser hair treatments: Laser is used both in hair removal and in the transplant process. In hair transplant process, the area of transplant is prepared to receive the transplant using laser. In hair removal process, the follicles are removed and therefore unwanted hair on the body is removed. This again may require multiple sessions depending on the quality of the hair.
- Types of cosmetic lasers: Carbon dioxide laser, Erbium laser, Nd:Yag laser, Pulsed-dye laser, intense pulsed laser, infrared, and radio frequency lasers are some commonly used lasers. There are constant developments in this ever-evolving field, and your cosmetic surgeon would be the right person to give you that information.
Also, having a detailed discussion with your surgeon on what to expect after a laser procedure is extremely essential. This will help set expectations for both the surgeon and the patient."
Sometimes excessive oil gets trapped and stuck in the pores of your skin. If this persists, it leads to the eruption of pimples, an extremely uncomfortable and nagging problem that plagues, both men and women indiscriminately. The most distressing part about pimples, apart from their unavoidable presence on the face is the mark they inevitably leave behind, the remnants which refuse to disappear. Pigmentation after pimples is a common phenomenon, one that often requires medical intervention to remove them.
However, there are various ways by which you can avoid pigmentation after pimples, some of them are:
- Sunscreen: The benefits of sunscreen require little introduction. They not only protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays, but they also help in fading away the marks left behind by pimples. It is strongly recommended that if you want to accelerate the process of recuperation, you must make it a point to apply sunscreen daily without fail.
- Exfoliation: This refers to a procedure that removes the covering of the old skin and brings to the fore the fresh layer of skin. With increasing age and growing skin problems, exfoliation has emerged as the most preferred choice for most women. In fact there are multiple ways, by which one can exfoliate one's skin. Depending on your convenience, you can go for scrubbing or a thorough washing of the face known as washcloth. There is also another method known as chemical exfoliation that works better and more efficiently than the other methods. By removing the old layer of the skin, exfoliation ensures a complete removal of the pigmentation left behind by pimples.
- Medicines: Sometimes the intensity of the pigmentation marks on the skin may necessitate the medical intervention. If other methods fail or you wish for a speedy recovery, prescription drugs are always a nice option. At the same time, those medicines, which have retinoid (compounds with effects to those of Vitamin A) like Differin or Tazorac can also be availed of, if need be.
- Skin Lighteners: As the name suggests, skin lighteners help in a gradual fading away of the dark spots on the skin. There are several skin lighteners like kojic acid, mulberry extract, licorice extract and primarily vitamin C, which significantly lighten the skin and help in doing away with the marks.