Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Winston NoronhaYour feedback matters!
I'm 17 yrs male. Sometimes blood fall in my stools i. E. 4-6 times in a month. Please tell me some natural advice to avoid this.
I have seen dermatitis on face my doc gave some steroid lotion0. 1% , ityza capsules for 14 days using thing my facing becomes normal but after symptoms symptoms comes again my doc gave me katnozole tablets fr 14 days n emusone cream this cream also good fr 14 days but as m stopping these cream symptoms comes again I have no dandruff please my face red oily and feel like dead skin on my face.
Hello sir/madam, I have keloid in my chest. If I do something like skin laser treatments on my face because I have scars & pores. This treatment is good or I face any side effects because of keloid.
Hello sir, I am gaining too much weight. Feel very lethargic. My skin has no shine. What should i do cure?
My lips is very ruff and dry for some last days. I was very sad to my this problem. Please gave me any solution.
I have little more melanin on my face, I am taking treatment such as facial and home made packs to get fair complex . Although some amount of changes is found, I'm not completely satisfied. Is it possible to turn my face color to my body color. I tried using sunscreen but I get pimples when I start using creams, hence I am not applying any creams. Please suggest your opinion, Well I'm interested to contact dermatologist but I feel like getting treatment is temporary & it would last only till I take treatment . What would be the permanent solution ? Please suggest .
Iam 18 years old. I have a good skin tone. But my lips are black and I don't have any bad habits, how to get pink lips.
I have problem on face 1- pimples 2- excess oily skin 3- white heads around nose and lips Please help me how to cure this with detailed explanation.
I am 18 years old I have dark skin I have tried a lot of lighting cream with SPF .still does not work I have not even a distant relative who is has dark skin .But I had fair skin when I was younger please help.
I want to improve my face colour can you please suggest good face cream to become white and glow face nd my face was not put my block and some white brown colour thanking you sir/mam.
I have melasma and some Brown spot on my cheeks . Please advice about laser treatment total cost and how many times I have to visit clinic.
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment:
The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.