Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Winston Noronha
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Winston NoronhaYour feedback matters!
I have dark black colour below the eyes, it is for two years and I used eumosone ointment, but it is not cleared. What should I do. It isd also near the lips, like round spots which is dry skin.
I'm using melamet cream since 10 months I got positive effects but after some reviews I heard that it's bad for skin. I have even heard that using hydro quinine 2% doesn't cause any harm. I have stopped using this cream since 10 days didn't find any changes on my face. I have 2 questions is there any chances of turning black again if yes then how to maintain that fairness which has come to my face? Please help me and do the needful please.
My daughter she is 5 years and she is suffering in acute rectal pain in night from last 3 years please provide me some medicine for this problem thank you.
Prostate cancer is a very painful disease to go through. However, what some people do not realize is that prostate cancer is equally disturbing from a psychological view point, both for the patient and the family. Here are some psychological impacts of prostate cancer:
1. Shock, fear or anger
These are immediate reactions and you could feel any or all of these feelings when the disease is first reported to you. These feelings may continue for some time but if the patient is unable to come out of the state of the anger for a long time, then he may need psychological help.
Sometimes you may feel well and deny the fact that you have prostate cancer or not realize you really do. Accept it. This is the first step to curing it.
3. Frustration and disappointment
Try to avoid these types of feelings and if you do, then go to a psychiatrist as well, as these are signs of depression.
This is also a natural feeling and will haunt you till this disease is gone. However, there are many ways to help reduce it.
This is usually related to the side-effects in the early stages of prostate cancer. Trust your doctor. Finding a support group or talking to people in similar conditions may help.
6. Mood swings
This is one of the side effects of the hormone therapy used to treat prostate cancer. It may cause you to get angry and anxious and then tearful and depressed.
Some men are overly worried about their prostate-specific antigen or PSA test results. The anxiety may continue even after the PSA test is over.
8. Sense of loss
Hormone therapy causes many physical changes in your body, including weight gain, changes in your sex life as well as reduced physical strength. Few things will be the same after prostate cancer in all honesty. Talking to the people around you can help more than you know.
While prostate cancer can cause all sorts of negative emotions, it is crucial that you use your family to stay strong and do not slip into depression. There are also a few patients who accept this diagnosis well, if properly counselled. In the majority of cases, prostate cancer grows slowly. In those cases, new drugs are available which help the patient lead a near normal life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi sir, I am. 24 years old male, my complexion is very much black I am shy to go to out side With black face I have used no of cosmetics face washes but useless so please suggest me a soap or face cream for instant fairer complexion.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.