Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in aminjikarai after mr hospital. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivek Ramkumar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek RamkumarYour feedback matters!
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot.
I am 23 years old. I have lot of dandruff and lot of hair fall is there. How to prevent dis dandruff and hairfall?
Here are top 6 foods to combat it and give complete nourishment for lustrous hair.
1) Eggs: Hair is pure proteins made up of keratin. Hence to maintain good hair health and growth, proteins are one of the most essential nutrients. Besides proteins, eggs also contain iron, vitamin B12, zinc, sulphur, vitamin A which are also crucial for good hair growth. They also contain biotin which helps fight hair loss problem.
2) Fish: Known for its high protein and omega 3 fatty acids can helps in a great way to allow hair growth. Omega 3 fatty acids found in this fish are the true super stars as they are found in cell membranes of your scalp and in the natural oils which keep your scalp healthy and hair hydrated. Since they cannot be produced in the body, they need to be obtained by food.
3) Walnuts: Apart from good amount of omega 3 fatty acids, walnuts also contain vitamin E which protects the cells in the scalp from damage by toxins thereby reducing hair fall and helping the cells to support healthy hair growth. Walnuts also contain copper which allow the hair to maintain its natural color and luster.
4) Carrots: They are rich in vitamin A which is necessary to maintain the integrity and health of the scalp cells and also act as an antioxidant to prevent hair damage. Deficiency of vitamin A can cause hair loss and thinning. Hence it makes good sense to add vitamin a rich foods to the diet to help your tresses grow beautifully.
5) Sunflower seeds: They are a great combination of hair promoting nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, selenium, vitamin E which not only prevent hair fall but stimulate the hair cells to grow new and healthy hair by providing nourishment and protection from toxins.
6) Legumes: Apart from being loaded with protein, zinc, B- complex vitamins etc, legumes are also a great source of sulphur which is known as nature?s beauty mineral. Sulphur is found abundantly in hair cells, it helps to circulate blood well and also metabolize some B vitamins helping the hair cells to produce string healthy hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.