Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Viswanathan KYour feedback matters!
I have symptoms of enlarged Prostate and these are linked to my difficulty in urination, where either I have a weak stream or get a sudden urge for urination and not able to empty the bladder. Additionally I get severe ache in the left kidney while passing urine, forcing me to at time withhold passing of urine. Though this not happen every time. All xray or ultra sounds in the past have not revealed any stone of any kind. Do you think the pain is due to non emptying of the bladder. What should be my line of treatment. Thank you for your advice.
Penis cancer is a form of cancer which affects the penis. It can be caused due to poor hygiene, not being circumcised, HPV infection (human papillomavirus), engaging in coitus with many sexual partners and overuse of tobacco.
Facts about Penis Cancer:
Malignant cancer cells start to form in the tissues of the penis.
Redness, discharge, irritation, sores, lumps and bleeding is characterized by penis cancer.
Treatment and prognosis usually depends on the stage, size and location of the tumor.
Symptoms of Penis Cancer:
A lumpy feeling on the penis.
Change in the color of an area in the penis.
A part of the skin in the penis becoming thicker.
A sore (ulcer) that can bleed.
A velvety and reddish rash.
Growths which are bluish- brown and flat.
Smelly discharge of fluid under the penis-foreskin.
Swelling can occur at the end of the penis where the foreskin usually ends.
Lymph nodes in the groin area which spreads to the penis.
Diagnosing Penis Cancer:
CAT Scan (CT Scan): This is a procedure in which detailed pictures of a particular area in your body is taken from different angles. A dye is swallowed or injected so that the organs are shown more clearly. This procedure is also called computerized axial tomography or computerized tomography.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): This procedure involves using radio waves, magnetic waves and a computer to make a picture of an area inside the body. A chemical called gadolinium is injected in the vein so that the cancer cells can show up bigger and brighter in the detailed picture.
Ultrasound Exam: This procedure involves ultrasounds (high-energy sound waves) bounce of organs and internal tissues. This helps to detect the cancer cells. The echoes form a detailed picture of body tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 60 years old and having enlarged prostate of size 4.2*3.8*4.3 cm. Vol 35.3 cc. However, the ultrasound of whole abdomen shows a couple of calculi in upper calyceal region, largest of approx dm. 7 mm. Ureter not visualized. Now I am taking Homeopath medicine (Pichi-Q and Berberis vulgaris 30 (German). Please prescribe any allopathic or ayurvedic medicines are available for removal of calculi. Further, what are the reputations of such condition and if surgical intervention is safe or recommended. Thanks.
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.