Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Viswanathan K
Submit a review for Dr. Viswanathan KYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I was having enlarged prostate. Stream of urine was very thin and urine was leaking out even before preparing for urination. I underwent TURP surgery on 15.02. 2016 where about 70-80 ml of prostate was removed and remaining prostate size as per ultrasound is 62 cc. After two months of surgery, the stream again become thin. I consulted R. G. Stone. After taking special x-ray, it was told that there is urethral stricture. I again went to SGRH, where dilation was performed on 15.04. 2016. At that time flow became normal. Now again stream is becoming thin. I am on antibiotics for the last three months. Doctor at SGRH as also R. G. Stone advised 2nd surgery. I am not in a position to undergo 2nd surgery. Kindly advise whether any treatment is available in homeopathy. If yes, kindly guide me in this respect. Thanks and regards,
Hi sir my sister is having mouth cancer. She is from dehradun she is having Ayurveda treatment. .but I want to show her to you once. .financially she is not sound so if we want her to treated by you is there any chance to get funds from any n.g.o? Or shall we go through ayurveda only. Pls guide me coz somebody told me you guide people guineunly. My mom past away before 4 month be coz of cancer now we don't want to loose her so please guide me what should I do??
Sir I have been detected with colon cancer. 2 growths are seen one in my ascending colon and another at caecum. And it is moderately differentiated carcinoma. What should I do now?
Hello doctors, today I did a general health check up. Everything came normal xcept monocyte. Which is 12% and my total wbc count was 6900 which is in normal range. So do I have to worry about monocyte. Since its play a major role in cancer. My doctor din tell me regarding this. So kindly help me out. M 26 years of age.
Breast cancer is a medical condition that refers to the uncontrolled growth of cells in the breast. These cells can be like small tumours or lumps. The tumour can be malignant if it is found that the cells are growing into surrounding tissues or are spreading. It occurs mostly in women.
Breast cancers can originate from any part of the breast. Most of these cancerous growths start in the milk-carrying ducts. There are also cancerous growths in the glands that produce milk. These are known as lobular cancers. In rare cases, cancer may also start from the breast tissues. These are known as sarcomas and lymphomas.
Here are some of the ways to get prevented from the possibility of developing breast cancer:
- Check your weight: It is important that you maintain a healthy weight. You don’t need do follow the hard and fast dieting charts or starve. But eat a balanced diet and exercise a bit to maintain a stable and healthy weight throughout. Being obese or overweight increases the chance of developing breast cancer.
- Be Active: A sedentary lifestyle devoid of activities is something that invites diseases. It has been found that women who are physically active and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day are at a low risk of developing breast cancer.
- Don’t avoid fruits and vegetables: It is important for you to have a balanced diet. Include lots of leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet to avoid the possibility of developing any form of cancer. Don’t drink excessive alcohol on regular basis. Remember a healthy diet is a key to a healthy life.
- Don’t Smoke: Smoking increases the chance of developing heart diseases, stroke and 15 types of cancers. It also increases the risk for breast cancer.
- Breastfeed your baby: It is mandatory for good health that you breastfeed your baby. Exclusive breastfeeding is best for the health of your baby as well as yours. It lowers the chances of developing breast cancer.
- Avoid Birth Control Pills: These pills have side-effects. They increase the risk of developing breast cancer. It also increases the chances of developing heart diseases and ovarian cancer.
- Avoid Post-Menopausal Hormones: Post-menopausal hormones have an adverse effect on the health. They increase the risk of some diseases while lowering the effects of other ones. It should be taken for a shorter period and its prolonged use must be avoided.