Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vishwa BharathyYour feedback matters!
I used to have sex with my girlfriend, sometimes with condom and sometimes without, yesterday she said that she saw something brown colour came out from her vagina and while having sex also noticed that it's coming very slightly. I am worried about this situation.
I have fever from last 4 days. Got my blood test done my sgot is 58.4 is it normal? what can be the cause of fever?
My wife (28 y) is in pregnancy of 6 months. This time she is suffering with bleeding piles since last 2 months. Although she was suffering with piles from last 1 years but this is now bleeding regularly and paining. She is taking lactulose sol and applying cream but there is no specific relief. Kindly give advice to get rid of this . Thank you.
Hello. We are married since six months me and my partner are doing sex regularly during six months but no pregnancy still. What to do now.
I am 53 year old man & suffering from constipation problem for three to four months. Kindly advise me what to do. I eat simple food never goes for fast food etc.
I have running nose since last two weeks. I am taking medicine but it has not stop. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hlo sir my age is 27 years. penis shrinks (sikud jata hai) to 1 inch in normal condition .is it a problem or not.
Hello I have been diagnosed with allergic asthma. Please suggest medication and diet. Also I have some swelling near the chest.
I have proteinuria. So I am taking this medicine called losar 50 mg twice a day. Does this medicine increase Creatinine level because my Creatinine level went up to 0.9 to 1.1?
Mere Nabhi key left main upar side Ko Dard ho Raha hai Kafe din se ye Kaya ho Sakta hai jaise kuch chubhta hai. ultra sound main kuch nahin Aya hai.
I am 24 years old Female and one and a half month before I was suffering from chicken pox and got the scars on my face and body. So please tell me the homemade remedies to remove those scars and one of the doctor told me the anti marks cream (Bio Valley) but I don't get this medicine from any medical store. So please guide me.
I had lost outer one part of my ear and now I went for plastic surgery. Doctors removed part of cartilage from my rib and now the infection is continuing is their for last 3 months Now sir what should I do.
I am diabetic for last 15 years. Though it has been under control with the help of medication, however cyst formation in the kidneys has started now. How to take care of my kidneys?
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.