Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu VandanaYour feedback matters!
I had got my period on 15th feb 2015 and then had sex on 24th feb 2015 without using protection. I took pill within 30 hours. Till date i have not got my period(22 march 2015). Am i pregnant? Plz reply soon. I am 22 years old.
My wife is 29 week pregnant , doctor asked for ICT teat , I got report and ICT is positive, wanted to know what harm it can do for child.
Me and my girl friend went to trip My sperm has fallen on my girl friends vagina We are not so sure it has entered her vagina or not. How will we come to know she's pregnant or no What will be the symptoms if she is gonna be pregnant I know soo much that she will miss her periods And her period was started on 17th and this has happened on 26th was she on safe day?
I'm too lazy and not getting interested in anything. I need to change I wanna be energetic, good body, good health, peaceful mind, happy life. My mom's humble request is to see me energetic in both mind and body. Sooo please suggest me the best you can do.
Hi doctors I can take both at a time ayurvedhic and homeopathy medicines for pcod problems and ant side effects please tell me.
Hi. I took E ova capsules and duphaston tablets this month as prescribed by my doctor. Course of medicines completed on 26 and my period date is on 1st june. I had pregnancy test with prega news on 30 may and my second line was light and I do not have any other symptom of pregnancy. Only my stomach is very tightened and from 3-4 days constipation problem have started. Please guide if I am pregnant or is it because of medicines. Thanks.
I want to have sex without condoms and she have not to get pregnant at the same time.what should I do?
It would be an understatement to say that the male reproductive organ is the most important and the most sensitive organ in the body of the males. Even a small jerk can put this organ in an intense pain, which can sometimes even prove fatal.
There are a number of conditions and diseases that affect the penis. Ling ko lekar kisi bhi prakaar ki problems purusho ko kaafi pareshaan kar deti hai. For example, ling ka tesha hone, uski lambai kum hona, ling mein dard tatha ling pe dane hona log ek gambhir baat samajhte hain.
Pimples on penis is one of the most talked about topics in male sexuality forum. Log isey ek gambhir baat smjhte hain aur isko lekar kaafi pareshan rehte hain. However, they should know that there is nothing to worry about it and that it is absolutely normal.
Some men feel that pimples on penis appear because of some sought of sexual infection and that it may put their sexual life on hold. However, they must know that this is not the only reason. Dane sharir ke kisi bhi ang par ho sakte hain, including genitals. Pimples are primarily a result of blockage in the pores of the oil glands in the skin.
What causes penis pimples and bumps?
Fordyce spots, folliculitis, STDs, genital warts, sores and even cancer can cause those small zits and bumps on the penis. Knowing what caused the lumps can help understand how to get rid of the problem. Here are the most common causes of penile pimples, zits, cysts and lumps-
Fordyce spots on penis: Fordyce spots can appear as white bumps, pale red or yellowish bumps on the skin. Fordyce spots are not a sexually transmitted infection (STI) although it is easy to mistaken their appearance with some symptoms of an STD. These spots appear as a cluster of small pimples or papules. Therefore, those small white pimples on penis head and shaft are likely to be Fordyce spots.
Folliculitis and white bumps on penis: Folliculitis is the infection of hair follicles. The infection is usually caused by either a fungus or bacteria. This infection is common in the pubic area, especially if your genital hygiene is not so good.
Tyson glands under the penile frenulum: Tyson glands are simply sebaceous glands that appear under the penis head. They are usually referred to by many people as pimples on penis or under the penile head or corona because they appear as small white bumps that are pus-filled. These tiny whitish yellow pimples on the penis are not harmful and should not cause you any worry.
Pearly penile papules: The ridge on the penile glans can have tiny lumps that may appear as pimples forming a line around the penis head. These small pimples on penis can appear in multiple rows or on just a single row around the corona. They are called pearly penile papules (PPP).
Lymphocele lump on penis: A hard pimple on penis or penile shaft is likely to be a lymphocele. Hard spots or bumps normally occur after sex or vigorous masturbation that causes deep bruises. Lymphoceles are not a serious problem but occur as a result of a blockage or swelling of the lymph system on the penile shaft.
Pimple on penis STDs and Genital Herpes and Warts: In some instances, small or even big pimples on penile head or shaft can be caused by a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Genital warts appear as small fleshy growths that are caused by an STI called human papilloma virus (HPV).
Pimple on penile shaft from Molluscum contagiosum: Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that affects the skin. It causes round, hard bumps the size of a pinhead on the skin. These bumps can grow into the size of a pencil eraser. Molluscum contagiosum pimples on the penile shaft can affect both children and adults alike.
Acne on penis, zits and whiteheads: It is not common to have acne on the penis, but it happens. Acne on penile shaft is likely to manifest as small white spots on penis or red pimples if they are inflamed. The resultant zits and cysts become infected and may feel painful. Acne zits and whiteheads are common during puberty. If you have an oily acne-prone skin, you are likely to get one red bump on your pubic area.
Cancer and big pimple on the penis: Penile cancer is very rare. When it starts to show signs, you are likely to see small pimple-like bumps on the shaft. The sore lump can be a source of discomfort and could keep growing. The most common area it affects is the head of the penis.
Treatment to Get Rid of Pimples on Penis-
How do you get rid of penile pimples, zits, cysts, acne and bumps? Avoid DIY treatments unless you are sure of what you are dealing with. Most treatments will include antibiotics, antivirals and antifungals. Your doctor will give the appropriate medication depending on the underlying cause of the problem. Here are some of the possible cures of penile bumps and pimples-
Fordyce spots are generally considered a normal occurrence on the skin and should be left to clear on their own.
Pearly penile papules are a normal occurrence on the penis and should not require any form of treatment. The same applies for Tyson glands that appear as yellow pimples or white bumps on penis head.
Anti-acne medications such as salicylic acid can help reduce whiteheads and acne zits in the pubic region.
You can prevent razor bumps on the penis with proper shaving techniques and changing your hair removal methods. If the bumps are itchy, anti-itch medications applied topically will reduce the irritation.
If you suspect that you have a bump on your penis caused by cancer, see a doctor as soon as possible. Cancer can be prevented from spreading when treatment is started early enough.
Hi. My girlfriend gave blood and urine samples for the following tests today: 1. Haemogram 2. Blood sugar - random 3.Serum creatinine 4.TSH 5. Serum B-12 total Vitamin D category1 5.Complete Urine Study. She had taken a levonorgestrel tablet approx. Couple of weeks ago. Will these tests in anyway reveal that she had taken the tablet and that she had sexual contact with me?
Already taken an ipill in January first week, after that, period got irregular. First come after 44days, then after 20 days, then after 14 days. This month came in 2nd and 13th also. Why this happened like this. Is this get regular. What should I want to do. Please advice.
What is it?
A dysfunction is often described as the difficulty exhibited by a couple or an individual during ant stage of the physical activity. It might include pleasure, preference, desire, arousal and orgasm. As per the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, a person with sexual dysfunction shows extreme stress along with interpersonal strain. This disorder is believed to have an impact on the sexual life of the people experiencing it.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
1. Sexual desire disorders: This is often characterized with decreased libido or an absence or lack of sexual desire, activity or fantasies. The condition usually ranges from a general lack to a lack of the sexual desire and activity for the partner. This condition might be present from the very beginning or might start after normal sexual functioning. Whatever the cause may be it leads to decrease in the production of estrogen in women and testosterone in both women and men. Other causes are believed to be fatigue, pregnancy, aging, medications like SSRIs and psychiatric conditions like anxiety and depression.
2. Sexual arousal disorders: These are commonly as impotence in men and frigidity in women, though now the terms have been replaced. Impotence is now termed as erectile dysfunction and frigidity has been defined by many terms describing the problem. As per the, American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders the term is described in 4 categories. These are lack of arousal, lack of desire, lack of orgasm and pain during intercourse.
In both men and women the condition can be exhibited as an aversion or avoidance of sexual activity with their partner. Men might show a complete failure to maintain erection, excitement and pleasure during sexual activity.
3. Sexual pain disorders: This is often prominent in women and is also known as painful intercourse (dyspareunia) or vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal wall muscles often interfering with intercourse).
Dyspareunia is caused by the dryness of vagina in women. This poor lubrication might be due to lowered stimulation and excitement and hormonal changes caused due to pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. In some case contraceptive foams and creams can also cause dryness. Anxiety and fear towards sex can also lead to dryness.
Vaginismus is often thought to occur through a sexual trauma like abuse or sex. Another condition vulvodynia might occur in women. In this a woman experiences burning pain while sexual activity. This is often thought to be related to the skin problems of the vaginal and vulvar region.
4. Post-orgasmic diseases: The symptoms of these occur after ejaculation or orgasm. This is often accompanied with headaches in the neck and skull during sexual activity which might include orgasm or masturbation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.