Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PriyaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old boy I can't text any girls if I text I feel like having sex with them so I am worried I do not want this to be in my brain I should see them like friends and I did yoga also to get rid of it but not helped so any thing you doctors know please advise.
I am 21 years old and I have stammering problem sometime and while speeching some particular words like starting from- T, P etc, this starts after age of 15 when my head accidentally hit by a stone, what I do?
Thank you for your earlier responses .now I want to say my problem, I studied well up to sixth in my village . But when I changed my school for further education in town I also studied well, my friend who is jealous of me getting rank started saying that I will ' mug up'and all the friends started teasing me that I will mug up and all friends lose interest of doing friendship. It took heavy effect on me and took me in depressed state. When I completed my tenth I became lonely I am unable to move closely with my college friends also. So what should I do.
What medicine in homeopathy is there to control anger and stress. Name of the medicine in homeopathy is required.
Dear sir, I am not getting deep sleep in nights, always getting dreams. I am suffering from anxiety, when I take tablet in night for depression sleep was something good, but if I did not take am not getting proper sleep. Please advice me what I have to do. Does how long anxiety will stay, I have same problem from 8 months. Please help me.
I get fear to talk a person If I am facing that person for first time I will be fine if I need to talk to that same person second time I get fear and not able to face any person at all and I get unwanted thought and I get fear and I speak to person I get stammer to talk is it becoz of fear and I feel comfort spending time alone individual ly suggest me what should I do.
I m 46 years old and can not sleep without sleeping pills for time being I m taking restyl 1 mg still it is not effective. But I like to quit sleeping pills. Please guide me for this problem. Second part I am a smoker this also interested to quite. Waiting for earlier response thanks
My son is single child in family and got 19 year old and he is not using underwear from his childhood to yet, and become nude any time in home front us and don't hesitate. When I said him to use underwear he ignore my advice and sometimes he use to sleep naked inside with me on my bed in summer. What should I do with him? Is these activities can harm him physically? Can I allow him for that? Will it right?
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
A depressed father will display stress and agitation instead of engaging the young minds in interesting learning or other activities.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.