Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishnu Priya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PriyaYour feedback matters!
Can I take ginkgo biloba daily mind relaxation and to increase concentration. Will there be any side effects.
Mujhe gussa bahut aata hai choti choti baato se disterb ho jaata hu koi muje choti si baat kahte poora din dimaag me wahi baat rahti h.
The back bone or spine is made of a series of bones extending all the way from the neck (cervical) to the tail (coccyx). These joints, like others, are prone to inflammation, sprain and strain, some more than the others. The coccyx in particular is highly prone to inflammation and can lead to localized pain, which is very typical, with the pain in the tailbone. This is known as coccydynia. Read on to know more about this common condition.
What is Coccydynia?
- Literally, coccydynia translates to tailbone pain.
- It is characterized by a sharp, localized pain between the buttocks in the tail bone.
- It is often caused by injury to the pelvic area or the tail bone.
- Sitting and/or leaning against the buttocks make it worse.
- Pregnancy, when the additional hormones relax on the pelvic floor, also leads to increased pain of the tailbone.
Diagnosis: The pain can be easily confused with other conditions like sciatica, fractured tailbone, tailbone infections like shingles, etc. However, for a trained medical person, the symptoms of tenderness and pain are quite diagnostic. Pilonidal sinus, fistula, pudendal Neuralgia is also same as Coccydynia and show same symptoms.
- If there is a rash or inflammation, it needs to be evaluated further for additional problems.
- Where possible, rest completely for a short period of time till the acute phase of pain subsides.
- In case of injury, ensure there is no repeat injury to the same area.
- Pain medications are used to relieve pain, where it is severe and intolerable.
- In severe cases, cortisone injection may be given in the doctor’s office. In addition to pain relief, it may even take care of the underlying problem per se.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods where possible.
- After the acute phase is over, when sitting for prolonged periods, sufficient padding is advised. This could be in the form of pillows or padded seats.
- Sleeping on the sides is difficult, so sleep straight. If required, take a pillow in the middle.
- Physiotherapy is also helpful in some people who have repeat attacks. This helps in pain management and controlling acute phases. There are specific tailbone stretches, which should be done under supervision.
- Walking is one of the many effective ways to keep the tailbone “unlocked”, which helps in getting rid of the pain and avoiding spasms of the muscles around the tailbone.
- Best internal manipulation and pain management can be done with Coccyx exercise.
The time taken for healing of the tailbone depends on whether it is a simple bruise or a severe one. The former would heal completely in about four weeks, while the latter will take about 12 weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Hello sir/madam ,I am trying for jobs now and I am in training for software developer and when I am practicing stress has been increased well and I am not practicing well ,so how can I reduce stress.
I had a problem in groups, out of mind uncontrolled, seeing ladies in wrong angle, also afraid to sit in groups unable to talk with anyone, please explain what should I do.
Sir, I am 32 years old. My problem is alwayes feel fear. Fear mean panic attack. I said the doctor my problem. He suggest me zaptra ls 12.5 but now I feel better but my problem is totaly not cure. Have any side effect this medecine take long time.
Hi I don’t know but when it comes of speaking in front of everyone or in front of the crowd I don’t know what happens to me I go blank and I am unable to speak and I end up speaking anything without even thinking about those words. This is happening when I was in 5th standard till now and one more thing my pulse increases when my turn comes to address the crowd Please give me one solution for this problem.
I am 20 year old, please tell me a healthy died to increase brain power, for sharp memory, it will help me in study.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities