Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishnu Priya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vishnu PriyaYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 24 years male My problem is that I'm not more confident to do anything as example of this if I try to learn anything like English, also my hobby Singing or mimicry as well some where I can do it well with full confident but after some time either it can not permanently. Always I can not confident for this completely that I can do this well or not. I also can not able to consider anything mainly whenever I something study or practice and ever I think that I could properly. Ever people appreciate me for my well done work regarding of all like my hobbies and on my work places same here. But ever so please tell me that how can I more confident on my self .
I am constantly having tired feeling, experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness. And in night I can't sleep until 3 o clock, I have no motivation to do things, I am able to concentrate for only small time, all times I am worrying about my condition, I used to hesitate or postpone my works. Why this happening.
I get angry and get tensed for small thing and I think the things which happens surrounding me are in negative way can I know it why? And I need a solution to overcome it.
The world is getting busier with every passing day. All are running constantly from playing one role to the other, switching from one task to another. It seems like the messages or the phone calls cannot wait even for like 5 minutes. Do we feel a sense of done at the end of the day? Nah!! We always go to sleep with what to prioritize for next day and the routine continues. Holidays or vacations are no exception either, with our mobiles and devices constantly reminding us of what we should do.
However, of late, there has been a lot of emphasis on the need to relax and recharge the mind and the body. While the body is easier to manage, the mind is a more challenging issue as it is constantly ticking.
Here are some ways to help you relax, suggest you go completely blank in your mind and not do anything during this period.
- Exercise: Whether it is a vigorous workout at the gym, aerobic dancing, or lying in the pool, take a pick. While it may sound like a tiresome errand, most of these heavy workouts relax and recharge very effectively. The energy level post a good workout is to be experienced to be believed.
- Simply sit and meditate: May sound silly, but it is equally difficult to do too. Try to sit quiet with closed eyes without any movement, physical or mental, for about 5 minutes and experience the peace for yourself. When you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated.
- Square breathing: Like a square with 4 equal sides, this has 4 equal steps. Inhaling for x seconds, holding it for x seconds, exhaling for x seconds, and waiting out for the next x seconds. 4 or 5 is a good count to start with, but if there are health concerns, then even 2 or 3 should help relax and recharge.
- Music: Music is said to be one of the best soothing agents, create a playlist of your favorite genres and list of music. Be it instrumental or vocal, rap or reggae, classical or pop, take your pick and get lost in it completely. If you are game, even learning music can be very relaxing.
- Read a book: Another very popular technique is to take a book and get lost completely in the story and its characters. Again, pick something that you would enjoy and see you relaxed and recharged.
Each of these requires some time, the most common question is when do I do this? Tell yourself, you don't get time, you need to make time. Once you see the benefits of recharging your brain, you will make time for it.
I have been through a upheaval of incidents in the past 6 years. Been on n off medication and nothing has improved. Extremely depressed by the day. Can't get any work done. Wake up with bad temper. Blame others. Sleep mostly. Stay hungry. Losing weight. Hating myself.
I have habit of chewing tobacco. How to stop it. Is sudden stop can make me unhealthy. Please show me some home remedy.
I have mood swings. .I start crying without any reason. .anxiety. .performance phobia. .fear of future. .n many more thing .sleep less nights. .what should I do.
Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment.
If you are struggling in your relationship, you might find it helpful:
- Empathize with your partner: The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If you realize that something you have done has hurt your partner, you will hesitate to do that again.
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what'you think is the right thing, but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Stop using labels: labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Express yourself: Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes. Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way. Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.