Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am in very much depression right now. No body wants to talk to me, even my family members avoid me. I made a big mistake in my life to marry a clever girl who trapped me to marry her. After someday I joined btech college and fell in love with another girl. Now when the girl who trapped me for marriage got to know somehow about my relationship. And after that she called my parents telling everything and my physical relationship with the girl I love in my college, so my parents called me and threatened me telling that they will shoot me n will not give me any money for my study In future. Somehow I managed to comeback to college but now no one is talking to me and it's around 3 years same thing is going on. please help.
I'm 15 year old male, I have lack of concentration in my studies, how can I improve my concentration in my studies? Please help!
Hi, I am a 17 years old boy. I can't concentrate on my studies. Whenever I opens my book I feel sleepy. I feels weakness every time.
My wife is35 year old she is in depression and living angy rarely happy, she querling me and her children every day. How she became normal she is narrow minded too.
Neurological disorders are problems with any one or a combination of the central nervous system or any of its peripheral systems such as cranial nerves, neuromuscular junctions, and the autonomic nervous systems among others.
Some extreme examples of neurological disorders are:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Disorders brought on by strokes
- Multiple sclerosis and others
What is physiotherapy and how can it help?
Physiotherapy is a form of treatment where practitioners use physical forms of treatment such as massages, exercises, heat treatment and other controlled forms of external stimuli to treat physical disorders.
This method of treatment can be very effective in correcting neurological disorders.
Some of the physiotherapy techniques, which can be implemented to help patients, are as follows:
- Electrical Stimulation: This method is commonly used to treat muscular problems, especially incurred after an accident or any other form of injury. In this method, controlled electric stimulation is given to specific nerve areas over the skin to stimulate them.
- Heat treatment: This method involves applying heat to parts of the body such as joints or muscles where there is nerve or muscular damage. This treatment is especially effective for muscle related problems.
- Ice or cold treatment: Vertically opposite to the principle of heat treatment, ice or cold treatment is used to contract muscles within the body. This is especially effective where inflammation needs to be controlled.
- Manual therapy: Possibly the most common form of physiotherapy, this method employs massages, pressure points, stretching and hands on strengthening exercises and helps regularize nerve impulses to areas where they have been affected.