Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VinothYour feedback matters!
I am a male 65 Yrs. Of age. I am suffering from Throat infection due to which my voice has become hoarse and I can hardly speak. This ailment is recurring whenever I have excess of lime / lemon or sour flavoured foodstuff or one two many cold drinks especially with ice.
The human ear is divided into three parts, namely the outer, middle and inner ear. All these parts function in coherence with each other and help us in converting vibrations into sound and information. The middle ear consists of the air space between the inner ear and the outer ear and contains the bones that transmit the vibrations of the outer ear and translate them into information. This area is prone to infections, especially among children and thus may cause discomfort or pain.
Symptoms of middle ear infections: Middle ear infections primarily tend to manifest themselves as inflammation of the tissues and buildup of fluids. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below.
Infections in children: Middle ear infections primarily occur in children although it can occur in adults as well. Some of the common symptoms could be:
- Ear pain either sitting or standing up and especially while lying down
- Irritability and crying, which in infants could translate to more than usual crying
- Problems with sound and difficulties in hearing
- Fluid buildup causing balance related problems
- Discharge of fluid in certain cases
- Unable to sleep and also loss of appetite
- In some cases children may have high fever
Causes of middle ear infections: The primary cause of middle ear infection is due to the presence of bacteria or virus in the area. The Eustachian tube, which runs from the middle ear to the back of the throat, is connected to nasal passages as well. Any infection that affects the throat or the nose may also affect the middle ear through this tube. Primary causes for the infections could be
- Cold or flu like symptoms, which then infect the middle ear as well
- Otitis media, which is the buildup of fluid and inflammation either due to the presence of bacteria and viruses or even without it
- Seasonal infections, which are common during late autumn or winters
- Air pollution is also known to be a factor
- Infection from others, especially in the case of children when they are part of a group care
- Children from 6 months to 2 years are also susceptible to middle ear infections as their immune systems are much less developed.
Treatment of middle ear infections: Usually, middle ear infections resolve on their own within a day or so. You can try warm compress with a soft piece of cloth to ease the pain. However, if pain persists for too long then antibiotic medications may be required to fight the infection with pain relief medications to lessen the pain and discomfort.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
I am 55 yr. Old Male and I getting burning sensation in my Throat after eating food from last 5dsys. What should I do?
Hi, I have a mild throat pain in my lower neck undergone a ultra sound found some lymph nodes are inflamed, my doctor told its normal but still my pain didn't go. What would be reason to it, how do I get rid of it.
My ear is paining, since 3 days, when I chew the food it pains, what medicins or ear drops I should take.
I am 52 years old male 160 cms height. while sleeping in routine my one of the nostrils is blocked when I wakeup after 5 to 10 minutes my nostril is normal. I this this effects my oxygen saturation resulting I feel lazy during day. My body wt. Is 72 kgs. kindly suggest
I am 28 years old and having pain in my neck since 4 to 5 months. Sometimes I feel dizzy. I think its spondylosis. What should I do?
My friend is suffering continuous nose bleed for past five months he got nearly 10times but 5 times has been came by last 7days. He is 22 years old now, sometimes that blood was in dark red colour sometimes it will be very thick. He doesn't have any pain. I'm afraid about him please help me also he is not even going to doctor as he is thinking that it would be a cancer.
There's ringing in my ear every time I catch cold, slowly I am becoming deaf, ringing in ears goes after cold goes but listening ability is further reduced. Is there any permanent cure for this? Will I be able to get back to normal hearing? PS: I had sinuses when I was Kid.
Once I am playing cricket suddenly a ball hit below the eye. I take medicine from many doctor. But it gives pain surrounding the ear. What I do. My age is 19 years. This accident was occur almost 2 years.
I have unbearable sore throat from many days, I have difficulty in swallowing and there is also pain while talking, please help.
Some times I found that I can't even speak . My voice suddenly gets down . More often when I stay quiet for an hour long. Generally my voice is not that good . But is it kind of throat problem? Any advice?
I have an alergic problem which leads to a lot of sneezing . Last time i consult with doctor and he said that skin/bone inside ur nose is increased. So please provide your opinion to cure it. I heard that even after getting it operated, it start again after 2 3 years.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.