Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VinodhYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am having whiteheads and blackheads from a long time on face. I wash face regularly and timely. Also my skin is not so oily not so dry. They keep on coming and healing. Please suggest. Thanks.
I am a girl, 26 yrs old. I have got very large pores on my face in the past 1 year and have hypothyroidism too. What should I do to make my skin like it was a year back. The pores are vry deep and clearly visible from far.
I hav got allergy from face cream and yesterday I get redness on bleached area. On face and its burning badly I have taken livocetrigine and applied globate GM but no results are there and my face get wrinkled. So please guide me and tell what should I do?
The skin is a delicate organ. And, it has to stand so much damage. From the sun to harsh chemicals in makeup and all of this can damage skin. As you grow old, so does your skin. The most common problem before the twenties is acne; red, painful bumps on skin that show up when you least wanted them. A good face wash and a topical cream would take care of that. But you start running out of luck when puberty ends and your 20s begin.
Changes start occurring as early as 20. Skin will change regardless of your external circumstances. Collagen production lowers by 1 per cent. The collagen provides for skin elasticity. When elasticity reduces gradually over time, your skin starts showing visible signs of aging. Even the skin's natural exfoliation process reduces in your 20s. Your skin has started the process towards aging while you are still young and in college!
You can keep the following tips in mind if you want to help your skin fight aging from your 20s:
- Study has found that there are five landmark ages for aging. The 20s is the first landmark. Natural production of antioxidants declines in your 20s. Hence, using products with ingredients like vitamin C, green tea concentrate, vitamin E and fruit acids can prove to be beneficial.
- Make salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids your best friends. Face washes with a 1% or 2% salicylic acid can help with breakouts. Peels rich in glycolic acid tightens skin and makes it glow. Lactic acid provides much needed moisture.
- Start using an eye cream in your 20s. The skin around your eyes are thinner than the rest of your face. Keeping it nourished and hydrated will prevent wrinkles.
- Don't forget to moisturise your neck. Your neck is an extension of your face. Your neck gets premature folds from looking down at phone screens too much. This is a modern problem; thus your neck needs care too.
- Don't smoke since smoking affects collagen production.
- Sunscreen is a must as you enter your 20s. Skin damage from sun exposure leads to premature aging. So keep applying sunscreen religiously! It will go a long way in keeping your skin youthful.