Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have little back pain since 3 months, I have tried some pain killers but did not get permanent solution. Please guide me what to do.
My brother have serious back pain when he playing volleyball. So please suggest us some instructions.
Hi I am 26 yrs old married woman. Mu pulse are above 130 since mid of june. I feel like I am shivering all the time. I got all the tests done but everything seems normal. I get panic attacks after a loud sudden sounds or noise. My left side if the body gets numb and I count move it for hours sometimes. What is the problem with me. Whom do I need to consult?
I am 37 year old and having knee ligament sprain. Since last 6 days. Please help me with the healing medicine.
Sir I am having a problem that my right leg knee get lock while sitting with folded leg or kicking the bike to start a fear is there only after giving jerk the lock gets open.
Hi, my father is 56 yrs old and has a polio leg (left leg) since childhood he have also had a surgery long back. Now he is having severe pain in walking n standing bt still he is able to walk n do all his work. One more surgery is suggested by the doctors so that he could be at ease. I want to knw if there is any other option or suggestions regarding the same.
I have a problem in my both knees, I am suffering from Pain for last 1 year, I feel that my cartilage may be start damaging, I could be wrong or tight please help me and give me solution, and. I am 32 years old.
I Am having Back Pain. Though I think Its because of Studying Hard Without any support But What Should I Do Now?
I'm having back pain for a month .Why is that. Is that the cause of cancer. No fever, weight loss, or nothing Like that. Only pain that is there for one month which changes its position from left to right or from front to back.
I injured during exercise in my backside about one month ago due to which I suffered like slip disc pain .so wht I do my best for this tell me fast.
I am pain in my legs & back. I cann't hold the heavy wait. I have taken several medicine but I don't get a relief.
My mother of 52yr of age is having weakness and loss of strength in the left side of her body( lt hand and lt leg), she also have starting limping( which is though v. Mild) from the left side of her body. We had taken her to many doctors and had done lots of investigation ( including lft, kft, tft, ecg, CT brain plain) which are normal, she sometimes also loose her balance while walking and falls down ( though there is no complaints of vertigo) Please help in probable diagnosis. Or if any other investigation needed than pl suggest
I am 53 yrs old. I have foot drop problem on left side numbness, tingling. My MRI Report shows that there is depression on L-5, S1, pain is there on Lower Back.
I am a male patient aged 80 years suffering from severe pain in both knee joints. At times there is aches in whole bodies.
Hello. I am 33 years old. I have leg pains and backbone pain and I used to write pain killer balms and also pain killer medicines. But my pain doesn't gone. Please give answer. What I have to do?
A number of different treatments can be used to treat frozen shoulder, although it is uncertain how effective they are and which is best.
The treatments described below can help reduce shoulder pain and keep the joint mobile while the shoulder heals.
Early stage treatments
The first stage of a frozen shoulder is the most painful. Therefore, treatment is mainly focused on relieving the pain.
During this stage, your GP may recommend avoiding movements that make the pain worse, such as stretching. However, you should not stop moving altogether.
If you are in pain, you may be prescribed painkillers, such as paracetamol, a combination of paracetamol and codeine or a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
Some painkillers, such as paracetamol andibuprofen, are also available from pharmacies without a prescription. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure you are taking the correct dose.
Taking painkillers, particularly NSAIDs, in the long term can increase your risk of side effects. See the patient information leaflet that comes with your medication for more information.
Later stage treatments
After the initial painful stage, stiffness is the main symptom of a frozen shoulder. Your GP may suggest stretching exercises, and you may also be referred to a physiotherapist.
If you have a frozen shoulder, it's important to keep your shoulder joint mobile with regular, gentle stretching exercises. Not using your shoulder could make the stiffness worse, so you should continue to use it as normal.
However, if your shoulder is very stiff, exercise may be painful. Your GP or physiotherapist can give you some simple exercises to do every day at home that won't damage your shoulder any more.
A physiotherapist can use a number of techniques to keep the movement and flexibility in your shoulder. If you are referred to one, you may have treatments including:
stretching exercises that use specific techniques to move the joint in all directionsmassagethermotherapy, with warm or cold temperature packs
There is no clinical evidence to show that other treatments, such as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), IFT and lazer are effective in treating frozen shoulder.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.