Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi. I had intercourse 6-7 days prior to my periods date. The guy had ejaculated inside. Can that lead to pregnancy? If yes how to avoid it. My periods date was on 3 oct. I have not yet got my periods.
I pill or any other contraceptive pill is effective after 60 hours of intercourse. What are the side effect of using this pill?
I am 30 year old boy. I got married in April 2015. My wife did not get pregnant yet. I am trying every week. In the first month her periods get delayed by 6 days and also pain was much higher than usual. Then next 3 months periods came normally. But this month Oct 2015 periods got delayed by 7 days. I thought it z done now but again not. Also I want to confess I had lot of masturbation before marriage. So I need a suggestion for this.
My 34 years old wife is trying to conceive another child since last few years. We have a SEVEN year old daughter also. Recently she visited a infertility Clinic and was advised several tests out of which one was TBPCR Using endometrium tissue as sample. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test came out positive and mycobacterium found present. Now The doctor has asked her to start five months of AKT 4 treatment. 1. Can she conceive after the completion of the therapy 2. Is the treatment at the first place necessary as she is unable to cope with the medicine and is having huge side effects like nausea, vomiting, weakness and irritation in both hands and feet.
Sir Ek ladki 15 year ki uski CT scan bhi normal mind ke test bhi normal breast ka xray bhi normal h. Usko saas lene me problem hoti h. Usko kai baar jhatke aate h jisme uske hath par marne lgti h saas muskil se aata hai breast se pain start hota h usko 2mg ki nind bechani dur krne ki dwai jibh niche rkhni pdti hai phr wo thik ho jati h. Uski bimari smjh ni aapa rhi hai, please help. Thnx.
I have a benign hydrosalphinx in my ovary for last several years. I undergo health check every year . Is it advisable to leave it as it is or remove it surgically.
Hi I am 38 weeks pregnant in colour doppler scan its showing single loose loop of umbilical cord noted around fetal neck. Estimated fetal weight is 3229gms Edd is 25/12 Kindly tel me please is it normal What are the precautions should I take.
Doc I just discovered I am pregnant my period has being delayed for 5 days now. My background is not the best doc I really want to go in for an abortion but I am low on income. Please can you help me on any natural method of abortion?
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.