Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vimala SohanrajYour feedback matters!
A little meet and greet with ayurveda.
The word, ayurveda, translates to'the science of life. It's a holistic science over 5,000 years old that contains a profound body of knowledge used to understand ourselves within the laws of nature.
According to ayurveda, each individual and all of the nature is made up of a certain combination of the five fundamental elements: space, air, fire, water and earth. These elements uniquely design each one of us, creating a distinct blueprint known as our dosha.
Knowing your dosha will help you determine lifestyle choices and the nutritional needs that will benefit you most on the quest to create optimal wellness and beauty.
Eat healthy with ayurveda.
There are many different recipes to quench your taste bud, but ayurveda encourages a seasonal diet and ingredients that balance out the qualities already occurring in nature.
Stay in shape
High fat food eating habits along with sedentary lifestyle results in accumulation of excessive fat which gets deposited in various channels of the body. This condition is usually associated with irregular appetite, hypertension, thyroid, pcod, diabetes and many other metabolic disorders.
Appropriate panchakarma treatments along with specially designed diet helps to mobilize the fat, reduce blood cholesterol, impart mobility to joints, strengthen muscles and refresh the body. A key effect of these treatments is to reach and maintain a healthy weight.
Hi Dr: I'm 10 weeks pregnant (my second child). My TSH level is 6.9, and T4 is 15.4 .Should I take tablets to stimulate the thyroid function? During my first pregnancy my TSH level was 5 and T4 was 10.86. I was given Thyronorm tablets (50 mg) throughout my pregnancy. My GP was suggesting that this time I may not need any thyroid stimulating medicine as my thyroid levels are just on border line. I'm a bit concerned. Please advise. Can I take 50 mg tablet itself for this pregnancy as well.
As per the latest statistics published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 9% women suffer from a deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of haemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So when the iron content is low, there is not enough haemoglobin production and all organ do not receive oxygen in the required quantities. This is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost lustre and become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience the burns last longer than normal. Lack of right amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from muscle aches.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent a development of spoon shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign of possible deficiency of iron.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to inform about the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take chances with your health and so, check for these signs without any delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am married in nov'15 and I started having unprotected sex with my wife from jan'16 every alternate days. We are planning for a child now. But still now she is not pregnant. Please let me know what to do?
I am 21 years old, I went for an unprotected sex on 15th feb of this month several times (5 times but ejaculation outside) at a time but my partner is saying he did not ejaculated inside me every time he ejaculated was outside my vagina but still I took ipill on 16th feb within 24 hours. My menses actually commences on 28-30th of every month. After taking ipil for two days I was suffering from dizziness, headache, constipation, abdomen pain, back pain, loose motion, weakness. From 19th from my vagina a white type of liquid started flowing till now it is flowing but the amount decreased a bit. moreover on 20th feb some drops of blood came out from my vagina at night. But till now there is no sign of bleeding as it was mentioned that withdrawal bleeding will occur within 4-5 days. So, I am actually pretty much worried and tensed, please guide me and help me.
How to get free from PCOD? My friend is suffering from it. She didn't get pregnancy due to this, doctors said.
Abdominal ball exercises:
Here are a few tips to consider before starting abdominal exercises:
Tighten your stomach muscles by drawing in your belly button to your spine this helps stabilize your hips, pelvis and lower back as well as strengthening your deepest abdominal muscle (transverse abdominus).
Avoid lifting with your neck muscles make sure to keep your chin tucked in a neutral position with a space between your chin and chest.
Avoid flexion exercises if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. A standard abdominal crunch is an example of a flexion exercise that can be harmful on your lower back if you have osteoporosis. Please contact your doctor first before starting any abdominal exercise program.
If you can't do an exercise with proper form, wait until you are stronger and start with easier exercises. You can easily injure your lower back or neck if you try to perform exercises that are too advanced. Start with the exercises you can do with good form.
Discontinue any exercise that increases your pain. If any abdominal exercise increases pain in your lower back, abdomen, pelvis or hips, discontinue the exercise and consult your doctor or medical professional.
Remember to exercise your abdominal muscles like you would any other muscle about three to four times per week. There is no need to do 100 sit-ups everyday! choose about five of the exercises below or rotate them into your routine.
Hi Doctors, I am writing here for my girlfriend related problem. During first to third day of her periods she faces severe pain in stomach, back n legs and also feel laziness. The flow is too much for first 3 days. She is divorced n having 1 girl child. I request you kindly consult me the treatment for her.
Hi, I was 20 years, and married ,last month me and my hubby took treatment for getting pregnancy doctor did all tests everything is gud, but my ovary is small ,she gave injection to increase the size of ovary, and gave medicines for conceiving, but I got my periods on 5 of march my last period was 8 of Feb and before period was on 25 Jan means last month I got my periods again after 15 days of my before periods, now doctor suggest me to take krimson 35 tablets for 21 days, did I get pregnancy when using krimson 35 tablets? Means when I searched in google some body wrote that this is a type of birth control pills and some are saying other reasons, if I get pregnant this month I was very happy, because next month I am going another state I am having exams. Means me and my hubby are at different places, Can you please help me doctor.
My wife is pregnant from last 5 months and she is pain in stomach, and now baby weight 482 grams. please tell me.
Hi. My wife is 22nd week pregnant. She has been getting severe back ache since the start of pregnancy and even having low blood pressure. She is suffering a lot. Can you please suggest what to do?
Me and my wife planning for baby from lase tow months we I have ejaculated almost every three days since last two months however both months she got period may I know the reason behind this and also let me know what further step I need to take so that successful we can get baby.
Sir me and my wife had unprotected sex on 14 and 15 march and she took ipill on 16 march morning. But on 22 nd she got period of 5 days. But her next due date is 6th april. Then she again on 5th april got period like blood flow but now it is brown in colour. And on 6th she got 2-3 drops only brown blood then it stopped. So as she can not take a pregnancy test as she is far from home. So please suggest it is one of the pregnancy symptom. Or due to her due date on 6th and previously on 22 march she got period. Then it is only simply. please suggest.
I have family History in diabetes and I am newly married and planning for a baby. What are things I should take CARE off while planning.
After taking lactare tablets there is no much increase in the production of breast milk please suggest me the best as I am unable to feed baby?
In my first pregnancy which type General problems we can face and which type of precision we should take?
Hi I am 32 years and I have menstruation problem as it is not regularized. Please advice and this time it is almost 3 months and I have checked pregnancy test also. Ii am having pain at lower portion. I am little tense please guide.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.