Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VimalaYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I can see the future it takes time to happen but it happens. It happens in 2 to 3 months or years also but it happens. And when it happen I can feel that the vision has already came.
My weight is near to 105 KGS so my body need more than 2900 calorie in a day. But every day I take only 1200+ calorie and everyday I spent 600+ calorie to do the exercise. I also take 1 glass of lemon and ginger mix partly warm water in empty stomach and I drink near to 4 ltrs daily. I also take 1 bowl of cucumber and tomato salads as snacks twice in a day. So how much I lose in a one month?
Hi I am software engineer. My eyes are becoming red while I was in the office and water is coming from my eyes. But it was not happening while I am at outside. Kindly suggest me the reason and tips for that.
Why am I having persistent redness in the eyes and is it advisable to go for LASIK surgery and what is nystagmus?
Hi, My parents has just choose a girl for me for my marriage. But her parents have crossed eyes (strabismus). They have two siblings . Both have not crossed eyes. And I do not have crossed eyes. So if I marry that girl so is it possibility that our children have crossed eye.(Although I and that girl both have not crossed eyes). Please suggest answer asap. Thanks in advance.
I am 61 year old man, the place where I was working had a big hospital and all Doctors the doctor for eyes after checking, putting drops in the eyes etc prescribed glasses, but that didn't work I and some of my colleagues found it very difficult, at times used to bang in to each other, so I stopped using those glasses and used ready made glasses which the shopkeeper gave after checking my eyesight with a computer-that worked Fine and still is, only reading of +3, think I need new glasses, what is your advice Doctor? Your earlier suggestion of putting Aquaray Gel, for itching in the eyes was very helpful-Perfect. Regards.
I am 25 years old and my height is 5.6 feet. My eyes became dark red colour from 2, 3 years through this I can not able to sleep from 2, 3 month. So what should I have to do.
Redness in eyes, itching and ropy discharge sometimes. Taking loteprednol eye drop from 1 month. What to do now? Problem is still present.
Hello, I am 49 year old female. I am feeling itchy and dry eye. I feel heavy ness in eyes. I am diabetes. What should I do?
Hello some time I fell weakness and my head pain very badly n eyes also pain very badly. Heart bit gone very fast. I can't run.
Hello Dr. My specs no. Is around 1.25 of both eyes so My question is, can patanjali drishti eye drops can remove my specs no.
Hello. I am having vision problem 0.5 in both eyes. But I am not feeling comfortable with glass. Can you suggest me. I am having headache but it will come once in a month.
I get my vision blur or focus problem for evn a half of second and then it will b normal. I have myopia and I wear glasses also.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.