Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VimalaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have a deep pain in the right side of chest while eating ,breathing also it is soo paining I can't eat and drink also I want to know the problem.
Doctor I feel sore throat and fast breathing usually after a hard laughter I love to laugh but it gives me a chest pain and sore throat what I do please help.
I am getting heartburn or something burning in my chest when I have spicy food even little spicy also. What is the reason for that. Please suggest some solution.
I am mathan. I have a question for my mom. Her age is 46. Last few months she is affected by cholesterol. She is not even eat having like cholesterol food. Now she has taking medicines. Whenever she will get back pain and stomach pain she will having tablet. Is there any easy way for controlling cholesterol. What are the foods she needs to avoid it. Kindly please give me the description for my question.
I an suffering from hypertension from last one month. Also I have stress on my mind. What I have to do.
Hello sir, this is about my mom's concern. My mom's age is 45. Her weight is sixty kilo grams. Even though she's a non vegetarian, she s feeling low bp, low sugar, low blood quantity. When we suggest a doctor, she will be fine after getting medicines but after 30-45 days, she's getting the same problem. Medical examination shows everything is fine. But they said it was d problem with her food diet. So can you please suggest diet which can help to increase her bp, sugar, blood values.
There is some problem in my nose from which I can't be able to breathe well and that side headache is there. Is this serious? What I hsve to do.
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.