Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vikash AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am taking Snapit for last 3 months as SOS & I found relief but I want to replace with foods. What should I replace it with?
I have migraine from age of 17 and now im 27 years old I take many medicine and check up from many doctors but no effects.
Whenever I sits like crossing my legs on ground for having my dinner my left leg falls asleep and when returned to standing there is lot of paining sensation in the leg and it takes some time to be normal is this problem arise due to blockage in blood flow to the leg? Any cure or prescription?
My wife regularly taking tab Oxytol 300 since15 years all report are normal .She is patient of epilepsy,now my question is whether to stop tablet or not
My father is 41 with hypertension and high blood sugar ,10 days ago they had brain hemorrhage on the right due to that they got difficulty in walking holding thing and bit speaking problem they unable to speak clearly and properly. They felt always pain on there shoulder, headache. They are on medication currently. I want to know that is there any herbal treatment while medication by which they can fastly cure and ease the pain?
Some time my husband is facing headache problem. What are the symptoms of migraine? Which medicine will have to take for normal headache and which for migraine?
I'm 20 years old female I have pain in my tailbone from one month . Can you please help me what can this pain cause . Because when I sit it pains and when I stand also it pains but while walking der is no pain when I sit I fell numbness .
Meri age 25 h mera right hand kapta h aur hath pao me kabhi kabhi chitiya si chlati h ye problem 4-5 years se h mai kuch likh nahi pata aur memory bi bahut weak ho gyi h kisi se bolna b acha nahi lagta. Please koi solution bataye hath k wajah se kahi interview k liye b nahi ja pata hun.
Sir, my son is of 10 year old he is suffering from Calcified granuloma with perilesional edema in brain is this dangerous. I much worried about it. Which type of illness. Please suggest me fast.
Parkinsonism is often mistaken for Parkinson's Disease. Though similar in quite a few aspects, yet Parkinsonism is not the same as Parkinson's Disease. Parkinsonism is a medical condition whereby the affected individual exhibits some symptoms identical to those observed in the case of a Parkinson's disease.
Factors that lead to Parkinsonism
Parkinsonism can result from a host of factors and health condition such as
- Increased and repeated exposure to toxic gases and substances, namely organic solvents, cyanide, manganese, or carbon monoxide.
- People suffering from the repeated head injury (as in the case of boxing or wrestling).
- The medications used in the treatment of psychiatric problems (antipsychotic medicines) or those used in treating nausea (Prochlorperazine or even Metoclopramide). Some of the antipsychotic drugs have the potential to interfere (block) with the activity of the neurotransmitter Dopamine resulting in parkinsonism.
- The use of MPTP (1-Methyl-4-Phenyl-1,2,3,6-Tetrahydropyridine), especially the oxidized product MPP+ (1-methyl-4-Phenylpyridinium) can wreck havoc resulting in parkinsonism and the associated symptoms.
Some of the medical conditions that can contribute towards Parkinsonism include
- Viral Encephalitis (resulting in acute brain inflammation).
- Alzheimer's Disease (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that triggers cognitive and behavioral problems often accompanied with dementia).
- Multiple system atrophy (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder resulting in dysfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system and the voluntary movements).
- Progressive supranuclear palsy or Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome (a rare disorder of the brain that interferes with the balancing, walking, and the eye movements of the affected person.
- Stroke or a brain tumor.
- Lewy body dementia (a condition triggered by the unusual accumulation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain with the person exhibiting symptoms associated with both Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease).
- Wilson Disease (an autosomal recessive condition whereby copper starts accumulating in the vital organs including the liver and the brain).
In patients with parkinsonism,
- The muscles appear stiff. A person experiences a resting tremor (tremor that mainly affects one hand even when the muscles are relaxed), along with difficulty while walking or balancing their body. (These symptoms are also characteristic of a Parkinson's disease).
- Further, there may be early signs of dementia (loss of memory or forgetfulness). There may be Agnosia, Aphasia, or Apraxia
- Constipation, a dip in the blood pressure, difficulties in eating or swallowing of food.
- Hallucinations and loss of judgment (such as failing to locate the kitchen or bathroom at home).
- Unusual eye movements.
According to Ayurveda, Parkinsonism is a manifestation of the vitiation of the Vata Dosha (Wind energy) that takes place in the cranial nerves. Thus, corrective measures are followed to restore the balance between the Vata, Kapha, and Pitta Dosha.
- Panchakarma can bring about a visible improvement in patients with Parkinsonism. Oil massages using Ashwagandha and Bala can work wonders.
- Brahmi is another wonder herb used to treat Parkinsonism.
- Meditation, exercise (light to moderate), yoga can be helpful in the case of Parkinsonism.
- Try and make the diet as nutritious and healthy as possible.
- A Warm Ayurvedic Oil Application is very effective in relieving these kinds of aches and pain if done on regular basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!