Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikaram K VenkateshYour feedback matters!
According breast feed: I had stopped feeding my 4th month baby after 2 month. Now lactation stopped completely. Can I get back usual like breast feed as 2 month .what I have to do.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
My son is six months he has given hepatitis b, bcg, oral rotavirus, dtp, pneumococcal, oral polio now on 7 month he will be getting vaccination of flu and measles. I want to know how many dose he will have to give.
My New born child is only 4 days old and he is always sleeping not even drinking milk from his mother and due to this his mother is experiencing problem. What to do.
My son was born on 30.7.17, 4 weeks before time as his mother was suffering from high blood pressure (170/100) and the baby was not getting proper nutrition. A USG revealed that the baby had Asymmetric IUGR. It was said in the Discharge Summary that there was no apparent anomaly. Doctors say that the food pipe and respiratory pipes are quite narrow compared to what it should be. We observe the following: 1. There seems to be a sort of congestion/choking sensation at times although the chest is clear 2. Even though he is regularly burped after feeding, he burps a number of times as soon as he wakes up and brings out saliva or something watery from his mouth at times 3. Twice it was seen that his limbs were frozen stiff as if he was having a convulsion but recovered on his own soon afterwards My query: Are these sort of normal? If not, what should be done?
My son who is 3 years old suffering from seizures, I wanted to know any first aid given to him immediately to stop the seizure. First aid taken at home.
I want detail about s.m.a. (spinal muscular atrophy). Please give me answer with its treatment , because my child born with that disease. What reason for this condition and where and when we create the plane for new baby.
Hi Child girl 6 is breathing through mouth for last 6 months but since 15 days the same has aggravated. Finally she has enlarged adenoids which are not responding with antibiotics. Any effective nasal drop for relieving pressure in nose apart from otrivin or tab or else.
My son, 4 years and 5 month Had his skull deformed due to sleeping postures during his infant hood. Dr. Said that it will auto correct as he grows, but the deformation still exists though a lot has got corrected. What should we do?
Hello ,my 5 months son born with undescended testis. At the time baby born testis in abdominal position after 2 months testis will came to sroctam sac but not to complete normal position, it will be there beside the penis which will seen clearly, from the month of 2nd it will be in the same position, how much time it takes to get at normal position or it will struck there. I'm very scary about the issue can you please suggest me what the position of baby, thanking you.
My son is about 5 years old. On 19/07/2016, suddenly his movement was abnormal and became unresponsive for 1 minute, associated with uprolling of eye balls and frothing from mouth. His body temperature was very high about 102 F. He rushed to Max and doctor admitted for 1 day and gave a medicine as Crocin and Meftal-P. He was discharged on 20/07/2016 as well condition. But, on 22/07/2016, He is suffering from leg pain and leg is not properly moving. Please advice.
She have fever last a day i give her oflo m suspension b/d meftagesic d's 4 times now what I do age of my daughter is 2.7 year.
I am a mother of 8 month old daughter. I still didn't know what food to give to increase my baby's immunity and weight. Please suggest any food chart to increase my baby weight and immunity for healthy life?
Hello Doctor, My 7 months old baby boy passes stool once in 3 days. Daily I am feeding him ragi malt, banana msh up, Cereals. Is it ok or do we need to consult Doctor?
My son 4 yrs old he have Scrotum (ball) only 1 instead of 2 near urine place. So please give well advise & also Dr. In idea to resume his problem.
My mri report shows 2 subserosa fibroids below 4 cms (both) are benign. What r the causes of fibroids and any medication for them not to grow further to avoid surgery in future? Upto which size are they harmless. No symptoms of discomfort like excess bleeding etc. Periods r regular. Do they shrink for me after menopause?
My four year old daughter lost her appetite for few days what can I do? Some body says A to Z syrup is better for it. please help.
My baby girl is 1 year 3 month old. Can she eat almond, walnut, cashewnut. Can I give her junior horlics.
Necrotizing enterocolitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the tissues present in the intestines and results in damaged tissues. It initially affects the inner lining which ultimately results in thickening of the intestine. It may also lead to a hole in the abdomen resulting in bacteria entering the intestine, thus resulting in infection.
The symptoms of Necrotizing enterocolitis are:
- You may experience symptoms of bloating in the abdomen
- The abdomen may be discolored
- You may experience diarrhea and vomiting
- You may not feel hungry
- There may be presence of blood in your stool
- You may have a fever and constantly feel lethargic
Causes: Lack of blood and oxygen in the intestine causes it to become weak and increases the chances of Necrotizing enterocolitis. It may result if oxygen levels drop during a difficult delivery. If the intestines are weak, then they are at a higher risk of getting infected by bacteria. If you have an excessive supply of blood cells in your body or other stomach condition, then it may lead to this disease.
Diagnosis: Usually the doctor conducts a physical exam to detect the symptoms of this disease. If babies are born with this condition, then they may suffer from weak immune system and problems in blood circulation. The doctor may also recommend x-rays to get detailed images of the intestine in order to probe for symptoms of inflammation and damage.
The treatment of the disease depends on few factors such as:
- The child's age
- How far has the disease progressed?
- Health of your child
It is recommended to stop breastfeeding. Feed the baby through intravenous methods. The doctor may also recommend antibiotics and oxygen support if the child has breathing problems. In severe cases, the child may require surgery to treat this disease.
If the treatment occurs early, then the child may recover. However, complications such as a narrow and damaged bowel may persist. This may cause problems in nutrient absorption in the intestine leading to other disorders.