Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. VijaykumarYour feedback matters!
What is the health benefit of Brahmi? Does it leave any negative impact on heart rate or pulse rate? What is it's proper dose?
As per 2decho 1) Lv and rv appears normal in size with normal systolic function (LVEF-55-60%), e/o diastolic dysfunction. 2) No obvious significant valvular pathology. 3) IVC normal. 4) No obvious pericardial effusion. In the first statement that dysfunction part is not letting me sleep. Please help m I suffering from heart disease. My cholesterol is 192. triglycerides is 157. Hdl is 50.2 Ldl is 111.00 Vldl is 31 Ldl/hdl is 4. Please help me on first statement. Also is it due to my ecg shiw abnormal twave.
I am heart attack patient. The heart attack came due to low blood pressure. Can I take salt? Uae of more Salt is helpful for me or not?
Dear sir Whenever I try to speak before two or more persons. I get habitation and my heart beat go high but my burning desire to be a good orator very soon. Kindly give me suggestions to over come from this. Any yoga so I can remove it permanent. Please please because 25% of whole day time is spent to think over it.
Can eat cashew nuts who is got cholesterol high? Some guys are saying cashew nuts are help to decrease your cholesterol level is that true?
What is the impact of high and low blood pressure. For me sometime its high and sometime its low. what are the symptoms.
HI, I often get pains in my chest. And its from like a decade. Every two months I go through chest pain for 2-3 days. Please Advice
I have problem blood pressure since November last these days my bp little low like 100\65 regularly can I take my medicine olmat 20 mg x bd I have also have long problem in my brain tickling of vein also feeling tickling in legs, shoulders, hand, and abdomen region also what medicine I take for this.
Low bp after check report will come thyroid blood is Low what type of food daily eat. Growth of blood and cure of thyroid.
Open heart surgery is a complicated heart procedure. Although the number of open heart surgeries performed over the past has decade has reduced significantly, howeevr, it is still an important surgical procedure to fix critical heart ailments.
Here is a quick fact-checker about this procedure:
- The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft or CABG is one of the frequently performed procedures in the open-heart surgery space. This is a procedure that is related to fixing the blocked arteries of the heart. A study conducted by the National Institutes of Health revealed that most patients who had undergone CABG become angina-free within a span of five years.
- Many hospitals refuse to share any data related to the surgery. It makes sense to run a background check on the surgeon who is scheduled to perform the procedure. Society of Thoracic Surgery lists all doctors and the number of procedures they have performed in this space.
- This is one of the few surgeries where a doctor needs to make a deep incision close to 2-2.5 inch through the breastbone to separate muscle and get access to the heart.
- The patient is hooked to a heart-lung machine before the proceedings begin. This machine pushes blood to the body. It helps the doctor to stop the heart and perform the procedure. Once the procedure is over, the doctor closes the incision made through the breastbone with sternal wires. Then the surgeon gives a minor electric shock to the patient to restart the heart. Subsequently, the patient is taken off from the heart-lung machine.
- The patient might find himself tangled with many tubes as he wakes for the first time after the surgery. These wires take the fluid out of the body. They serve as a temporary pacemaker for the patient.
- It is important to get a clarification from the surgeon as to from which location of the body would the veins be taken from to perform CABG. Most doctors prefer the vein from the leg. However, recent studies have shown that veins can be extracted from the internal chest wall. This results in a speedy recovery for the patient.
- The patient is kept in an ICU for a couple of days before he is shifted to the general ward where he spends close to a couple of weeks before he is released. After the patient gets home, the typical recovery time for the patient is approximately 6-8 weeks.
- One has to usually deal with heightened emotions after an open-heart surgery. Studies have shown that over 20 percent of the CABG patients suffer from depression, anger, and other emotional problems. This typically lasts for a year till everything becomes normal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The heart is responsible for pumping blood through the system and transporting oxygen and nutrients to all the cells and tissues of the body. However, the heart is susceptible to a number of ailments, including coronary heart disease. Coronary heart disease is a condition where the heart does not receive enough blood because of obstructions or thickening of the coronary arteries. As a result the heart does not receive enough oxygen, which can cause pain in the chest and may even trigger a heart attack. Thankfully, coronary heart disease can be treated with Ayurveda. Ayurveda attempts to treat this disease by addressing the cause of the disease itself by reducing the thickening of the arteries and preventing blockages.
Ayurvedic remedies are a combination of herbal medication and lifestyle change. This is because according to Ayurveda, any illness is the result of imbalances in the body that are affected by the person’s diet, lifestyle, environment and mental health. Guggulu, Amalaki, Triphala, arjuna etc are some of the ayurvedic herbs that can be sued to treat this disease. However, according to Ayurveda, each person has a unique constitution and reacts as per the environment around them in a different manner. Thus, Ayurvedic remedies must be customised according to the patient’s symptoms and overall health.
Some Ayurvedic remedies that can be beneficial to all patients with coronary heart disease are:
- Sattvavajay Chikitsa: This refers to giving the patient mental strength and support to deal with the illness. According to Ayurveda, a calm mind is essential for healing. Hence, try meditating for a little while every morning and get plenty of sleep. Ayurvedic therapies such as Shirodhara can also be beneficial. This involves pouring a continuous stream of oil or other liquids on the forehead while the patient is lying down.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Both the food being eaten and its quantity are important according to Ayurveda. Ideally, a person should eat only as much fits into two cupped palms at a time and should maintain regular eating hours. Eating plenty of green vegetables and fresh fruits are important to regulate metabolism. Avoid eating starchy and sticky foods and preserved or processed foods.
- Panchkarma: Panchkarma helps restore balance in the body and boosts metabolism. It also detoxifies and rejuvenates the body. Panchkarma should always be practised under supervision. Of all the Panchkarma therapies, basti or enemas and virechana or purgation are said to be very effective in treating heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.