Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayaraghavan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayaraghavanYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have irregular heart beats. Sometimes I feel a little bit pain in heart too for a short time. I have consulted a cardiologist. He told that it happens due to formation of gas. Is it something to worry about?
Hello sir I had a throat infection in three months I am get in all the medicine but it does not cure. Please give the your opinion.
Prostate management and catheter removal Uncle who is 80 years old has been managing his prostate since past 10 years. Recently while undergoing a surgery for Knee replacement, he had a catheter inserted. After surgery he had UTI and got infection which is under control. He has been recommended surgery of prostate by resident Urologist. However since he had been managing well before we feel that prostate surgery may not be immediately required. Issue is when the catheter was removed once he could not urinate. What is the solution.
I have a doubt that my sperm get infected. Whenever I masturbate and ejaculate under the skin of penis, some red spots started appearing inside the skin.
Dr. ji har sardi me mujhe khasi ho jati h koi v dawai sut nahi karti yani mujhe sardi se alarji hai koi upay bataiye ki is pareshani se chutkara mile.
Doctor sahib, I am 58 years old male having high urinating problem. I drink much water too but I need to urinate after every 30-40 minutes. Once I drink water than feel to urinate imm. I feeling this problem since long. Pls inform what is this problem and how to stop this Everytime urinating problem.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.