Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayan Puthiya KunnonYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from epilepsy since 2007, presently I am taking levipil 1000 twice a day & eptoin 100 (100 mg in morning & 200 mg at night) still sometimes I got sensation of its seizure. How it can be cured doctor?
After waking in the morning my wife feels numbness in right palm almost daily for almost 30 seconds. What should we do?
Hi, Dr. I have shivering problem from young age but now it increase more day by day now I m 41 yrs but I can't hold things properly while serving or filling something like tea, water or cutting or applying makeup so please help me get rid out of this problem.
Hi am having severe pain and numbness kind in my feet as soon as I sit and get up and in early mornings getting out from bed. I had a C-section and by the time of delivery I was 82 kgs and now my baby is 11 months my weight is 64. Pain was more before and bit reduced once I reduced my weight. Pellets are tellin that since I was not wearing chappal or socks after delivery water went in sidebody and which is causing pain in feet. Is it true ?and also they were telling like this will be permanent one which when'll not subside by any medication.Plz help me to get rid of this pain.
Hey Doc, I keep getting cramps randomly all over my body, even in weird places like my face, neck and back of my head or on the upper side of my head. I am most worried about it on the back of my head (near the cerebellum) and on the upper head. It pains a lot and there is almost nothing I can do to prevent it. It occurs more frequently while I am lifting weights in the gym or after getting less sleep or when its very cold. It almost paralyses me and only stops when I start taking deep breaths. Is there some kind of problem? Should I consult my doctor or get some tests done? It really worries me. Also, is it normal to get cramps in the neck, because even thats scary. Please guide me on what action to take.
I am 21 years old female and I am suffering from migraine problem last 8 months. I dont want to take any tablet.
Hi I am suffering form severe head ache (migraine) for 1 month how to get rid of this please suggest me what kind of medication should I need to take.
When i am angry or i am shouting my hands and legs shiver very severly and then I cant speak properly I face dificulty at that moment to talk also as i am shouting so keep speaking, past few time i am observing this happening to me. Is it normal or it happens?
My husband is having migraine from past 1 month he is taking tablets please tell me how many months it will take to cure completely? Or should he take tablet life long for migraine?
I am 34 years old male, diabetic, high cholesterol, some times my left am find numbness and small pain, what can it be? any home care I can follow.
1 weak back first time fits occurs. I am preferring govt jobs. What problem sir. Please solve me sir.
Hi Dr. I am suffering from brain tiredness. I easily get tired after that even I can't talk properly. Different words I say. Pls suggest supplement so I get energetic.
I have a migraine problem lots of time my head are being sharp pain and my neck have not turn around give me a answer.
I am suffering from insomnia please suggest some best ways to get rid from it and there is always a pain in my both legs. Please give some helpful suggestion.
My left side of head feels as if cold is accumulated and due to that I feel pain and fogginess on the left part of my head. I feel pressure inside my left ear. Sometimes when I sneeze I feel little relief otherwise it's very irritating and troubling. Due to it my brain sometimes spins also. Please reply me what is it?
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.