Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayanYour feedback matters!
My daughter 2+ still she wont speak, she utter words but can not connect or complete the words. Very active but wont respond for our call. Any help.
My 1 week old baby girl I just want to ask that she is having fever since day before yesterday normal fever. So please let me know what should I do?
Hi my 3. 5 yr child developed swelling around nose and lips please please please and right part of face. He also got fever. Please help.
My son is not speaking clearly. He is stumbling while speaking. first world repeating four to five times. For ex:- The world Dada. He speaking as Da. Da. Da. Da. Dada.
My aunt is of 49 years old, her ht is 5'3 and weight around 70. She wanted to know how to cure fibroid without operation? Her report: uterus is Anteverted bulky measuring 105x68x70 mm ET=4.4 mm EE complex is pushed back two hypothetical masses measuring 44x34 and 28x18 mm have seen in interior wall of upper part of uterus Another small hypothetical mass 19. 6x18.7 mm is also seen. She has heavy bleeding during periods and body aches daily What is exactly it means and cure?
My child date of birth is 09/09/2012, but yet he is not speking, rest growth is ok. Please suggest the treatment.
Pls help me My 19 days old baby is on breast feed, he feeds 2 hrs but still hungry then I have to give him bottle 80 ml water n 3 spoon of Farex. What should I do? How much milk is needed for him?
My boy baby has got one month older and it has got bigger tummy are rest are proper in size. Is this because of drinking plenty of water by mother? Pls give suggestions and why this so?
Hello All, My son is 1 year old and I can see small small white dots on his right leg. Just wanted to know about the same. Is any medicine or anything needs to be done.
Hello doctors, My baby girl is 4.5 month old she was having fever from 4 days so we visited doctor and he diagnosed her with diarrhea since she was passing v less urine and more watery stools. So doctor has prescribed zenflox 2.5 ml, entroflora, redotil sachet. And asked me to stop breastfeeding and start zerolac milk for her. I am not convinced to stop breast feeding since I have heard from all that breastfeeding ia the best medicine and contains antibodies for children to fight with infection. Please suggest.
My son 12 years old, his motion is not free, he goes to later en one in a 3 or 4 days, he omits bad gas every 10 mins. So please cure his problem permanently with food and medicine or physical exercise. His wt is 30 kgs.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Hi, my friend is 33 years male. He has a daughter and love her. But he wants a next kid be a baby boy. What are the precautions n food should take to get. Please advise n this is not to encourage baby boy. But better to have 1girl n 1 boy. Thank you.
My son is 2 year 9 month old he is not eating food they want only fruit how increase its health he was become to road how to increase his health ?
My 3 months old baby boy have rashes in his neck and redness also. I am cleaning his neck with wipes and use Himalaya power but it's not work. Pls tell me what I do?
Hi my child has fever since last two days, so I give her meftal-p suspension but it's not given me satisfactory results kindly Help.
During the first two or three days after delivery, thick and yellowish fluid is secreted from the mammary gland. This differs from the regular milk and is called colostrum. It is secreted in small quantity of about 10 to 40 ml.
- It is rich in protein.
- The total fat content of colostrum is less than mature milk.
- It has more amount of vitamin a and k.
- The concentration of lactose is also less.
- The levels of niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin and riboflavin are also low.
- Vitamin c is secreted at about the same level as in mature milk.
- Zinc content of colostrum is 20 mg/dl.
- Where as mature milk has 2.6 mg/dl.
The composition of colostrum is:
- Energy: 58 kcal
- Fat: 2.9 gm
- Calcium: 31 mg
- Phosphorus: 14 mg
- Iron: 0.09 mg
- Protein: 2.7 gm
- Lactose: 5.3 gm
- Carotene: 186 i. U.
- Vitamin: 296 a. I. U.