Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi Seshu SundaresanYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Hi, Dr. My son suffering cold and cough from last two weeks also have blocked nose problem I consult local doctor and he gave some antibiotics, sumo cold drop's and nasal drops now cough problem solve but have fever last one day when I give him sumo cold drop's it normal but not gone permanent what can I do please help.
My son whose Age- 15 month old weight- 8.5 kg Height- 76 cm (30") Weight during birth- 3.6 kg is very weak & not interested in taking food. He is always suffering from constipation, indigestion & bowel movement. We give him cerelac, boiled rice, potatoes ,wheat chuda& soya chhatua. Doctor advice not to give cow milk. His weight is very less with compare to age . He doesn't take any iron &folic acid syrup since last 15 month. So kindly advice me the balance diet & health supplement for healthy weight. Also recommend him to take which iron & folic acid syrup to avoid the deficiency of iron.
Hi, my baby is 1 months old and he passing the motion after every breast feed I took him to the doctor he told it's normal but he is going for more than 10 times. Please suggest what needs to do ?
Hai doctor, my son age is 2. Still he is not speaking well. He tell only 4,5 words. I am so worried about him.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
My daughter is 3 years old. Since last 6 months she is having stomach pain issue. In usg report there was intestine infection detected and liver size was 11. 04 cm. We go for homeopathy treatment. In recent usg report liver size is 9.7 cm.and no infection detected but then also her problem remains same. Specially whenever in the mng she pass the stool she says abt pain. Pls suggest sir.
Is nebulization for 7 years old child is good or bad often my child is asked to go for this treatment by Doctor. How to reduce such type of treatment because I am not ok to give this continuously. so please help me for that
My 4-years old child is very aggressive. He is always breaking something here and there. We are fed up of his behavior. He is excessively active and adamant. How do we teach him manners?
We are planning for the baby so please advise what were the test required to get satisfied if everything is ok to plan for the baby? Also I do have slipped disc problem.
My daughter age is 30 years, Has a severe pain on the back side of her head and cough, fever, and breathing problem. Doctor has informed me as it is a migraine problem. Kindly guide me for the same.
Sir mari beti 1 year ki honaaa wali h WO stand nhi ho paati koi prob to nhi h mari bdi beti 7 mhinaaa ki bjagna lgi thi aisaaa kyu. Or mari choti beti bht kamjor h PR WO khatiii bht h hr tym bhukiii hi rhti h.maiii kya kruu ab.
Hiii doctor My baby is 1 day old. I want to know that his report is C - reactive protein (quantitative) is 15.7 mg/l. What is this. Should I admit d baby in hospital or some injection should be given. Please advise me.
Hi my son is 7 months old his control was little bit weak. My neurologist asked us to take mri. Results of mri 1. Mild thining of body and splenium of corpus callosum seen with periventriclar hyperintensities. 2. Partial empty sella is seen 3. Dialted vr spaces noticed in left inferior putamen. 4. No obivious demostrable infarct or hemorrhage orsqlin brain parenchyma. Possibility of mild form of perinatal insult is more likely neurologist said nothing bad he is ok but my pediatrician said there will be developmental delay. Which one one right. What to do?
Hello, My daughter is 4.7 year old have constipation, n chemist suggested me to give castor oil with milk n give it to her to relieve with constipation. I am giving it to her for last one week n got good results. Bt I want to know that this oil is safe for her or not. please let me know.
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and 6.6 kg weight. She is having high fever as 103 I have given call 120 mg 3.5 ml but fever didn't go down and I did sponging also. So I gave her meftal 3.5 ml after 1.30 min gap . Is there any side effect.
For how many months can you can give bevon syrup to 3 years old child can it be continued for 6 months.
My 21 days old daughter start crying uncontrollably before urinating, she is facing this problem from past two days.
Is it just that more cases are being reported or is there an actual increase in child abuse cases? This can be debated, but the hard-hitting fact is a definite increase in the number of child abuse incidents. Unbelievable as it may sound, the abuse is not always about strangers. It could come from unsuspected corners – close family and friends who frequently visit the home and have access to the child. It is not just limited to the girl child; male child abuse is equally likely and is happening.
As much as we try to look for possible culprits, it would not be. Given the number of people in our social circles, both close and extended, it is very difficult to always be on the look. Plus, there are a number of people who are totally unfamiliar (schools, workplace, parks, shops, etc.). The best defense for the parents would be to teach the child about what he or she should watch out for. This should be further enhanced by the parent knowing the signs to watch for as a result of child abuse.
Educating the child is extremely important. Also, emphasize on the child coming back and telling you if anything unpleasant has happened. This is the most difficult and effective aspect for parents.
- Talk to your child about good touch and bad touch.
- Teach them names of private parts (or alternates if you prefer) and get them to use these.
- Emphasize that unless someone is involved in their health and hygiene, there is no need to touch their private parts.
- Even lingering touches inappropriately in certain parts (buttocks, chest, thighs, etc.) should be discussed.
- Give them the confidence to talk to you, if they even doubt that someone touched them badly.
- Do not chide or scold the child, as it is not their mistake.
- Even if they are complaining about someone close, do not disbelieve them.
- Give them a patient hearing about the full episode, let them talk, and if required, you can always ask for more details.
- Cutting them off in the first instance will take away their complete confidence, and they will never confide again. This is very important, as the child needs to believe that he/she is being listened to and believed.
- Do not be mad at them; it was not their fault. Give them this assurance multiple times, and let them know that nothing changes as you will help them.
Children get scared and withdraw into a shell if anything happens, and unless they have the confidence, they may not open up at all. Therefore, educating the child is the most important and effective way to control child sexual abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.