Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi Seshu SundaresanYour feedback matters!
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always has colic always want to be held has reflux too he is on Rantac twice and ondem syrup thrice a day some time happy when held otherwise fussy even when held don't like to play on own, and hate to lay down flat even for nappy change what to do please help.
Age of my child is 21 month, and problem of he had a lot of pain when he is doing potty. He is doing very dry potty so that's why he feel lot of pain, and the area of the potty the cut during potty. Please give me suggestions.?
I am 22 year male recently analysed off having dyslexia and adhd which is affecting my studies and when inquired about how to help myself got a reply that an adult of this age cannot be helped what can I do about this.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
My baby girl is 12 months old and 8 kgs only. Her birth weight was 3 kgs. She eats pureed food any solid given she will not accept and vomits. We are not forcing her to eat but we are trying on solids. I also want to introduce top milk. Confused on cows/buffalo/tetra pack and whether to give it on day time or night. Lastly she will gain weight if I introduce top milk as I am still continuing breastfeeding. Thanks.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
My son is only 10 years old and very slim, weight 15 kgs. He off an on says there is a chest pain middle of the chest, we as per doctor's recommendation we give him mucaine gel, sucral and even eno. When he vomits, his pain removes. May we give him proper D capsule? What does? Please help.