Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi S S
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi S SYour feedback matters!
Eczema is a very common skin condition that can be identified by reddening of skin, feeling of itchiness in the infected area, appearance of scaly and dry patches of skin. This disease is mostly caused due to skin inflammation or irritation.
Here are some of the advantages of using homeopathy treatment for eradicating eczema:
- Excellent for eliminating chronic conditions: Homeopathic medicines prove to be excellent in treating chronic diseases whose symptoms have been recurring over the years. We often find that the cause of an allergy is a hyperactive immune response of our body. In Homoeopathy, instead of treating the symptoms of allergy, we try to treat the very basic cause of the problem and set right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured and so are the symptoms of eczema. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over other branches of medicine. Homeopathy treatment of eczema does not believe in suppressing the disease, but curing the disease from its root cause, thereby causing permanent cures.
- Doesn't have any negative impact on your immunity: Unlike allopathic drugs, homeopathic medicines don't harm the immune system of your body. They have a gentle effect on your body. In addition to this, these medicines are responsible for stimulation of your body's self-healing mechanism, which adds to its efficacy against diseases like eczema.
- Provides long term cure: Traditional homeopathy effectively provides relief from conditions and prevents them from coming back. The approach of treatment followed by homeopathy is to provide remedies matching an individual's physical, emotional, genetic and medical conditions rather than providing a common treatment for a specific set of symptoms. This approach effectively works on many skin conditions like eczema and starts showing visible results within a few weeks. More importantly, it ensures that you don't experience the symptoms again.
Hello madam /sir, my son is 6years old. He got cold n cough twice in month. At that time his body temp goes up n down. After 2/ 3days he got fever. It stay 2/3 days. 99to 101. Why its happened. From last 8/9 months. Whatever the reason (stomach pain, throat pain or n e simple cough, allergic cough) he got 7/8time fever. Help me out is there n e health issue. Thanks you.
My one year and 3 month old baby start walking for 15-20 days but I notice that he walk with left foot outside. Is this normal.
Hi doctor. My son is 6 months old and his weight is 6.30 kg. He was born as pre term at 7 and half months. My concern is that he is getting cement colour or sometime palak colour motion from last 1.5 months. He was admitted in hospital in may month as he got pneumoniae for 10 days and also 2 weeks before he was suffering from cough issue whom medicines were given by Doctor. He is ok now with cough and cold issue but this motion thing is still not sorted. Is this any issue? Kindly suggest.
My son is 4 years Old. Can you please suggest a healthy diet plan for him during this summer. Thanks.
My baby is of 15 months he is eating nothing not even any intake of milk he never feel hungry even I give some homeopathic medicine for his hunger but they dosent work on it what to do.
My daughter is 7 months old. From last few days except mothers milk whatever she eats she does vomiting. Please suggest.
Last month only I had a c-section delivery can I continue having green tea while feeding baby it won't be problem for baby!
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.