Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Good morning sir. My name is chandra sekhar. My backbone is very painful. I used some natural medicines. But my is not cure. What should I do.
I am 73. Suffering from knee pain for about one year. Do exercise regularly. No extreme pain. Feel pain mainly when climb stairs up and down. Do not use pain killer. Now on no medication for knee pain. Medicines I take for other reasons--Cilacar T, Deplatt75, Atorva5, Rabemac20, Eltroxin75.
HI Remedy for golf elbow Is there any exercise which can be done to cure this issue Can weight lifting be done after treatment
Im suffering from debilitating and severe cervical spondylosis. Its been there for 5 years. Now the pain affects my quality of life. Can not function with the pain. Life comes to a still. How can it be treated?
I am 35 years old, By lower back pains a lot and back of neck as well The pain is prominent throughout the day once lunch or dinner or heavy breakfast is done However once potty is done I feel less pain Please help me with a solution.
Hi I have an query that my mother has been suffering from leg pains for 6 years, we have tried so many treatments but her legs are so weak that she can't walk properly, pls guide me what can we do. Is there any way to get rid of this disorder as we are so depressed. We have tried with many medicines and physiotherapy also but all is in vain. Please suggest doctor, what more we can do. Thank you.
Dear doctors, Take my respect. I'm suffering right leg pain, whole leg. Continue before 10 days. I am not try any medicine. Please, how I manage my problem.
I have pain in my right elbow. When I searched through net for my problem all the symptoms to is similar to tendinitis pain. I am having pain in my triceps muscle I want to cure tat problem since a bodybuilder I want to continue my workouts. Can you suggest me the treatment for curing my pain.
After a tough workout session or a strenuous day at the office, your muscles may feel floppy and exhausted until you have given them a chance to rest. However, persistent muscle weakness with no apparent cause or explanation can be a sign of an underlying medical problem.
What causes muscle weakness?
Voluntary muscle contractions and movement are generated when the brain sends a signal through your spinal cord and nerves to the particular muscle. If there are any hindrances in the connections between them, it can result in muscle weakness. However hard you try, the muscle is such cases becomes abnormal.
Here are some common causes of muscle weakness:
- Lack of Use: One of the most common causes of muscle weakness, lack of muscle fitness may occur as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. If the muscles are not used, then the fibers are partially replaced with fat.
- Ageing: As we age, our muscles tend to get weaker and lose strength. Muscles become bulky and recovery times during injury are greater. However, with physical activity, it is still possible to increase the muscle power. So stay active and instill strength in your muscles.
- Infections: Infections and inflammation can cause temporary muscle fatigue. Even though recovery is quick, if the infection is severe the weakness can last for some time. Without proper care, it can lead to permanent damage.
- Pregnancy: During and just after pregnancy, high levels of steroid in the blood and low levels of iron can cause muscle tiredness. Lower back pain is common during pregnancy and all your muscles may feel floppy.
- Chronic Diseases: With conditions of diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease and anemia, it can lead to muscle weakness by thwarting the essential blood or nutrient supply to the muscles. Also, chronic pain related ailments cause weakness.
- Injuries: Injury or trauma such as sporting injuries, pulls and sprains can deter the muscles. Along with localized pain, it can also lead to muscle weakness if not taken care of properly.
- Sleep Disorders: With disturbed or reduced sleep there is a general sense of tiredness that leads to fatigue in the muscles. Insomnia, anxiety, depression and other mental disorders also affect the muscles a great deal.
- Conditions affecting Nerves: Conditions like Myasthenia gravis or motor neuron disease affects the nerves and thereby fail to relay signals to the muscles, leading to weakness.
- Genetic disorder affecting muscles: There are also certain inherited diseases which can affect the muscles like muscular dystrophy.
- Spine-related disorders: Conditions like slip disc and other disorders affect the muscles served by the irritated or compressed nerves of the spinal cord. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!