Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi.P.RYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old single woman. Sometimes before 10 to 15 days of my actual period date, my stomach aches, blood comes out of vagina, two to three times, for one hour some times for 3 hours, then it stops. I feel weak. Then on my date day some times it starts on actual date sometime after one day, continue for 4 days normally. Is there any problem in my body? why it happens? I am worried, that's why I am asking you this question. Kindly help me to find the solution.
My wife suffer form irregular periods and it is hormonal imbalance. I have not use contraceptive pills.
Hi, My mom is in age 47. She still have her periods. But she bleeds a lot during her periods. 6 to 7 pads count. 10 to 12 days continues bleeding there. What she can do? She is a diabetic patients. She is neglecting the problem and avoiding to come to meet the doctors. She let it be I am not going to die because of this problem. But I can not take it in easy way like her.
Last month I had my periods on 17th april then I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend several times and depending on that I took 3 ipill in total till date. On 13th night I took one tablet named Histon (Norethisterone) tablet for postponing my period because generally I have early periods. Till today I didn't have my periods, I am having acute pain in my lower abdomen also which generally shows me the period's symptom. Is there any chance for me to become pregnant? Pls hlp me.
I didnt got periods till now. Last month I got period on 26 aug but till now it didnt came yet. Can you please help me out.
Healthy detox is the mainstay of life!
Make minty herbal concoctions your wake up drink on empty stomach for increasing immunity, detoxification, resistance power.
Dtn. Neetha dilip.
Why should we donate blood?
Blood is a precious human resource that is only available from voluntary donors.
Blood cannot be made in any lab in the world.
Every 3 seconds someone needs blood. We think that someone else will donate the blood that is needed, as a result, only less than 5% of qualified donors actually donate the blood.
The common your blood group, more and more people are going to need it. So don’t say that my blood group is too common.
Persons above 18years of age and over 50kgs in weight can donate blood once in 3 months. There is no upper limit age for blood donation.
Less than 10% of blood is taken out at time of blood donation. This blood is replaced by your body in 24-48 hours.
Every donor is given a medical check-up prior to donation to see if he is medically fit for donation
Even if you are taking any medication, still you may be able to donate the blood.
No special diet, rest or medicine is required after blood donation.
The donor cannot contract any infectious disease by donating blood. There is a clear procedure for taking blood from each donor. At no time will a donor come in contact with any piece of equipment or material that has had contact with someone else’s blood or body fluids.
Only 20 min are required for blood donation.
It gives you inner satisfaction, experience it!!!
Hello. My girlfriend is 18 years old. She got period on 4th Feb and end on 9th. Which is regular. Then after that we had protected sex using condom 3 times we had sex. But on 21 Feb she got period in morning. Is she pregnant? Or her hormonal changes .please reply Thanks.
Hi sir I'm 19 and I'm join with foreplay with my boy friend regularly 2 to 3 times per day, after 1 month of foreplay my period date is missing, foreplay causes pregnant? Please tell me sir urgent, we enjoy foreplay equal to real sex so please tell me.
In today's culture, the modern man needs to know how to properly navigate his way through the messy, tangled maze of casual sex. However you're causally doing it, it has it's pros and cons.
Freedom, baby: Casual coitus means zero commitment. There is no wining, there is no dining hell, certain situations flirting is overkill. You get in, get off and get out.
It saves time: I like you, you like me, we like sex, mentality conserves precious minutes in your busy day. You're drunk, you're horny, it's 3 am, and the last thing you want to have to do is impress someone.
Lower expectations: When you know you're never going to date this person, or see them again, the pressure to perform relaxes. Lower expectations allow you to really let go, be yourself (or someone else) and enjoy. So go ahead, get weird?
Orgasms are good for you: As we recently learned, orgasms not only strengthen your immune system, but climaxing also releases chemicals that boost levels of estrogen and testosterone, which can improve the tone and texture of your skin and hair. Ipso facto, your orgasms make you hot don't wait for 'the one' when you could be having multiple and getting better looking by the minute.
Stress relief: According to one study, casual sex actually has a positive effect on the psychological well being of those who have liberal views on sex. So, carefree sex will actually alleviate anxiety and boost your self-esteem.
STDs, etc sorry to take it there, but these are the stakes. Nothing takes the sexy out of sex like something that requires medical attention. Want to know what else kills your casual vibe? A baby. Wrap it up, play it safe.
Walk of shame: While walking home to a house of dudes celebrating your overnight escapades makes you feel like the man, in reality, the walk of shame can be disorienting and uncomfortable, and is often accompanied by a serious hangover. If you find yourself in a morning-after situation, it also means you slept over, a'no-no' in the casual sex department. Sleepovers will only lead to emotional attachment, which leads us to point.
Emotions: If you're casually sexing the same person on the reg, you run the risk of someone eventually feeling feelings. One minute you're enjoying a mutually satisfying, purely sexual encounter, the next you're being dragged through the jungian mud. Suddenly, sex gets sticky in all the wrong ways.
Avoid inevitable disaster by watching for certain warning signs:
1. She divulges personal information outside of dirty talk
2. She wants to take secret selfies with you
3. She texts to ask how your day is going.
Fatal attraction: No one wants a stage 5 clinger. This type of crazy is probably great in the sack, but not worth the wear-and-tear in the long run. Before you know it, you're message is blowing up, find my friends has been installed on your phone and she's showing up at your place of work. Run, do not walk, away from the stage 5 clinger.
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.
During periods my stomach use to pain and I used to take meftal spas and I get relief by this medicine .but I visited to gyno to overcome for this problem forever becz in every period my stomach use to pain .doc has given me 2 medicine drotin D's and Yasmin 21 pills. Now I am totally confuse whether I should take Yasmin 21 pills or not .plz suggest.
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? And also, IF there's any possibility of this being related to pregnancy, what measure can be taken as they aren't planning it yet. Thanks.
I am 29 years old, I am having PCOS, I am trying to loose my weight. Amd taking metformin in medicine still I dint conceive. please help me out.
Some medicine/syrup has the exp. Date as best before 24 month. I want to know that can we use these medicine/syrup after that best period or it can not be used after best period mention on the label?
I am having a problem of vaginismus. Married for 3 years yet couldn't do anything. I hv consulted a gynaecologist nd she prescribed me a medicine since I dnt gt any feelings also a gel for stimulation. No use. I am scared of pain. I want to knw d best to reduce my pain nd my fear.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies.