Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), wherein the egg and the sperm are physically combined in a laboratory dish before being transferred into the uterus. This procedure of reproduction has gained popularity among infertile and homosexual couples and also among women opting for single motherhood.
Although IVF is a becoming increasingly accepted procedure in the present day scenario with the growing infertility levels among individuals and open-mindedness of the society, there are some factors that must be taken into consideration before opting for the IVF procedure.
- Multiple Births: To guarantee the success of the treatment, usually more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus after fertilization. It is not uncommon for multiple embryos to end up attaching themselves to the uterine wall, leading to multiple births. It is important for the individual or the couple to be emotionally and physically prepared for that possibility.
- Reasons for infertility: Before opting for the procedure, the couple is often advised to go through several tests to check for the sperm count, mobility and the uterus environment to determine if at all IVF is the best option for the couple.
- Side Effects: After the procedure, the woman is expected to be under several types of medication to prevent the eggs from ripening. There are certain obvious side effects including headache, bloating, nausea and mood swings. In certain cases, the individual may experience circulatory problems, which when heightened may require hospitalization.
- Emotional Impact: IVF has a major impact on the emotion regulation of the individual. It might be overwhelming for most individuals and a strong psychological system is often searched for people opting for the procedure. The stress and the overflow of emotions can sometimes be too much to take for somebody and hence, people with major psychological disorders are advised against it.
Hi, I am diabetic for 5 yrs. And mother of 5 month old baby and my delivery was c-section. Do I need any supplement like calcium or vitamins? If yes then which?
Hello sir,i dont no i am pregnant or not bcause my period delayed 10 days can i take myprog 200 tab ?
I have a problem of white discharge throughout the month after my bleeding phase to till the next menses .how to cure this? Is it normal?
Respected Dr. If I had took unwanted 72 with the reason of unprotected sex 50 hrs ago from now and by mistake now I again done unprotected sex. And my period is came 3 days ago from today. So please can you tell me Any type of pregnancy is possible or not That medicine which was I took, it safe me or not again now? Help me plz.
My wife is pregnant of 8& 1/2 months and suffering from dry cough since last 2 week. Can you suggest what should be done. Can she take medicine..
I am 32 years female and I married at the age of 28 years. I am suffering from PCOS . All the remaining test of me and my husband are normal. In may 2016 may doctor did laparoscopy and she said that no tubal blockage and she punctured some water bubbles in ovaries. 2 months completed but I didn't convieve. I was so tensed with this problem.
I am 34 weeks pregnant now. My baby had turned head down position in 32 weeks but now again it is at breech position I am really scared if it does not come head down position. Please suggest what should I do because I want a normal delivery.
Teethers, chewing of latex, teething rings, pacifier for temporary pain relief are prone to cause infection and are unhealthy for small babies.
Healthy ayurveda alternative:
Teething begins at 4-7 months of age and continue up to 30-32 months of age for full set of 20 primary teeth or baby teeth. Teething and childhood illness are commonly associated. There is daytime restlessness, thumb sucking, gum rubbing, drooling, loss if appetite, specific and diarrhoeal infections, respiratory infections linked with teething.
In allopathy paracetamol for fever control, lingocaine hydrochloride as local anaesthetic, choline salicylate (similar to aspirin) are generally advised.
Temporary pain relief is provided by teething rings, chewing bread sticks, oven hardened bread, frozen bread, pacifier for temporary pain relief are given to child to apply pressure to painful areas.
Pressurising mechanics except eatable items need proper sterilisation again n again but many a times these become carrier of infection themselves.
There is a time tested ayurveda medicine designed by ancient ayurveda in the name of dantodbhedgadantak rasa (dant-o-bhed- gada-antak rasa). Pure natural ingredients. This is presented in 125 mg pills.
1 pill crushed and mixed in honey or water or mother's milk and is rubbed on gums of baby at eruption points. May be done thrice a day.
It controls diarrhoea, fever, vomiting, pain in abdomen, crying by babies - associated with teething.
This medicine enhances the secretion of gastric juices and bile and strengthens the action of these thereby managing control over troubles faced by baby.
This is harmless. Ignorant parents, thinking these marvels as outdated, unpalatable, fall prey to toxic mechanisms.
There are natural pressure applicators such as clean carrot and similar other things which are nature's gift and should be preferred.
From an early age we’re taught that alcohol is bad for us, but is that really true? Drinking yourself silly every night can have disastrous consequences, but having one drink a day is associated with a number of health benefits. The key here is moderation. Moderate drinking can be defined as one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. This is a daily quote system and not to be taken as an average over time.
Here are a few ways your body can benefit from the occasional drink:
- It boosts cardiovascular health: Many types of alcohol are rich in phenols. This helps fight stress, reduces the risk of hypertension and can protect the heart against a number of cardiovascular conditions. Moderate amounts of alcohol can also increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body and influence the clotting of blood. Higher levels of cholesterol help protect against heart diseases while by influencing the blood clotting process, alcohol can indirectly help prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
- It slows aging: Some types of alcohol like wine are rich in antioxidants. This helps flush toxins out of the body and can slow down the aging process. An antioxidant called resveratrol that is found in red wine can even increase the lifespan of cells and activate enzymes that slow down the aging process. It is also said to increase DNA stability thus extending a person’s lifespan.
- It can help fight diseases: Alcohol is said to lower the risk of catching a cold. A warm drink like brandy can also be used to treat sore throats and a cough. Tonic water contains quinine that is anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties. Though medication for malaria is now easily available, tonic water can be used to treat the initial phase of the disease if proper medication is not available.
- It enhances your libido: Excessive drinking can lower your sex drive, but when consumed in moderation, alcohol can lower the risk of erectile dysfunction. Moderate amounts of alcohol also help lower inhibitions and thus encourage people to form sexual relationships.
- It improves cognitive ability: Almost all forms of alcohol contain ethanol that helps neurons resist wear and tear. This can lower a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia later in life. It can also enhance problem solving abilities and encourage creativity.
All of the above benefits are applicable only if alcohol is consumed in moderation. Thus do not use them to binge drink.