Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi.P.RYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful, but exhausting times of a woman's life. There are a quite a few precautions you need to take and quite a few factors you need to consider before doing anything. Take for example working during pregnancy. Working while you're pregnant can be challenging, but if you keep these do's and don'ts in mind, it can become an easy task.
Do: Get Adequate Rest
The first few weeks of pregnancy can take a toll on your body. If your sleep schedule is off, you need to fix it and sleep for the usual 8-9 hours a day. If you undertake a lot of physically strenuous work or even if have a desk job, you need to take a break as it can get very taxing for you. To avoid work-related exhaustion and stress, take frequent breaks to give your body the rest it requires. Speak to a doctor or trainer for simple stretches that will help you alleviate stress on your joints and keep you muscles relaxed.
Do: Be Smart About Your Work
Jobs that require heavy lifting must be avoided at all costs as they can give rise to severe complications during pregnancy. When you're pregnant you should also avoid work that regularly exposes you to radiation, harmful chemicals, lead and X-rays. Ask your supervisor to shift the sort of work you are doing as often it's illegal to continue working in conditions that actively harm your pregnancy.
Do: Take Multivitamins and Necessary Supplements
Work often doesn't leave you with enough time to take good care of yourself. You may end up skipping meals due to a hectic work schedule, which can lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. To keep the worst effects of this kind of a lifestyle at bay, make sure to take your multivitamins and supplements religiously and regularly.
Do: Be Super Hygienic
It is extremely important to maintain high standards of personal hygiene and sanitation during your pregnancy. This becomes even more important if you work in an environment that exposes you to infectious diseases, raw meats and children. Keep a hand sanitizer with you at all times, and make sure you don't ingest anything that has come into contact with contagions.
Don't: Go For Long Stretches Without Eating
Keeping your stomach empty during pregnancy can have a lot of unwanted effects ranging from bloating, acidity and gas to nausea and vomiting. Have a light breakfast and keep snacking on small portions of nutritious food throughout the day. Also, ensure that you maintain optimum fluid intake. The regular 8-10 glasses of water a day is an absolute must.
Don't: Be stressed
Stress during pregnancy can have damaging effects on your and your baby's health, severely affecting the physical and mental development of your unborn child. Avoid taking on extra work for the duration of your pregnancy. Lighten your workload as much as you can and make sure to take meditation and baby-safe yoga classes to keep your stress in check.
As long as you take these simple precautions, you can continue to work throughout your pregnancy. So, remember to follow these guidelines to ensure a safe and healthy experience for both you and your growing baby.
I have vaginal infection can you suggest some medication as I smell bad after intercourse with my husband.
I want to know about complete details of menstrual cycle. What is 1st day means. When does bleeding happens. When to have safe sex.
Ayurveda 's Vagbhatta has described to avoid some foods which should not be taken in combination with each other. Some examples of food combos to be avoided:
- Green leafy vegetables and drinking of milk.
- Meat of animals and honey, black gram, jaggery etc.
- Milk and sour substances
- Milk and fish
- Cooked honey is not compatible
- Curd at night
- Drinking of cold water after hot tea, coffee or hot food intake.
- Bronze vessel clarified butter kept more than a week should not be heated for consumption.
- Honey, ghee, oils, fats, bone marrow etc in combo.
- Milk, banana, fruit salad are not compatible as per Ayurveda.
EFFECTS OF CONSUMING VIRUDH AHARA:
Allergic disorders, Digestive disorders, Mandagni (chronic digestive fire weakness), skin disorders, epilepsy, infertility, insanity, Irrirable Bowel Syndrome, psychosomatic ailments, ascites are some of the possibilities of constant incompatible food intake.
We aborted our first unwanted pregnancy through Homeopathy medicines . After such months we planned and got pregnant again but after two months doctor explained for d&c coz doctor says baby is not growing through scanning . Is it now possible to get pregnant and born a baby . Suggest Pls .
Is there any chance to effect on stitches as increase the baby weight by close to the delivery time if I continue second pregnancy after 11 months (Caesarian with LSCS stitches)?
It appears that, in large populations of people, drinking coffee may (on average) confer health benefits. In particular, the risk of cardiac death and of overall mortality appears to be lower in coffee drinkers, with the optimal benefits seen in people who drink 3 - 4 cups per day. Whether caffeine has anything to do with such health benefits is not entirely known. Coffee contains a host of active substances aside from caffeine - substances that are thought to act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, for instance - that may be contributing to this beneficial effect.
Epidemiological studies like this one, no matter how well they are performed, cannot possibly answer whether a specific individual will realize health benefits from coffee drinking. They can only tell us about the average response, across a large population.
We know that some individuals (probably determined by their genetic makeup) are particularly sensitive to caffeine, and may suffer severe sleep deprivation, jitteriness, or palpitations after drinking coffee (or any other caffeine-containing food or medication). We also know that caffeine sensitivity can change dramatically at various periods in one?s life (especially during pregnancy, when sensitivity to caffeine almost always increases). Drinking coffee is clearly not a good idea for everyone.
As a general rule, then, coffee drinking appears to have health benefits. But at least until routine genetic testing is available that might tell us about our own individual sensitivity to caffeine, whether coffee drinking is a good idea for us is something we?re just going to have to figure out for ourselves.
Read all about coffee and your heart.
Cardiac mortality: Compared to people who drank no coffee, people who drank one cup per day experienced an 11% reduction in cardiac mortality.This mortality
benefit ?peaked? (at about 20%) for people who drank 3 - 4 cups per day, and then began to diminish as the amount of coffee consumption increased beyond that level.
Cancer mortality: Several reports over the years have suggested that coffee might reduce the risk of certain cancers. In this large study, however, there was no difference in cancer mortality between people who drank no coffee, and people who drank from 1 to 6 cups of coffee per day.
Overall mortality: Compared to people who drank no coffee, coffee drinkers had a reduced mortality rate. Again, this mortality benefit seemed to peak at between 3 - 4 cups per day (at about a 15% reduction in mortality).
My cousin's wife is very weak in sex she is not interested in sex they have no child. Any pill of sex increase please suggest.?
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
I am 26 years old. I have already 3 miscarriage. Now I am pregnant. Lmp was 29.7.2017. But MSD 0.49 cm 4 to 5 weeks (19.9.2017) gestation 4-5 week. No yolk sac, but fetal pole & cardiac activity noted. Corpus luteum cyst 1.8x1.6 cm in left overy and seedling fibroid 0.7x0.5 cm in anterior wall close to the lower uterine segment. Hcg level 1140. This is a normal pregnancy or not. Have a getting healthy baby this pregnancy please reply. My baby is normal or not.
I am a 21 weeks pregnant women. Now am suffered joints pain near pelvic and leg. Past few days I suffered lot. While standing and sitting doesn't pain created but in sleeping position I can't turn from left side to right side it creates more pain. Also while wakeup from bed its create more pain. Please give me some suggestions.
If you’ve been facing problems in conceiving, it may be time to get yourself checked as it’s possible that you may be suffering from certain fertility issues or need professional guidance. A series of tests usually determine the root cause of the problem. These tests can include a physical examination, analysis of semen and blood tests, amongst others. There are certain factors that you and your partner must keep in mind when deciding upon the best time to opt for these tests and get started on an infertility treatment programme.
If you’re a female, it’s time to get yourself examined when:
1. You haven’t been able to conceive for over a year despite trying (when you are under 35)
2. You haven’t been able to conceive after trying for 6 months (above the age of 35)
3. You’ve had 1 or more miscarriages
4. You’ve been ovulating irregularly and your previous drug treatment has failed to correct the problem
5. You suffer from damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis (a condition where tissues that cover your uterus also develop outside of the womb, causing pain and bleeding)
6. You have a history of genital infections
If you’re a male, you should consider an infertility treatment if you experience the following:
1. Facing difficulty in sperm ejaculation
2. Suffering from a low sperm count including poor sperm movement or structure (sperm’s shape and size)
3. Having an undescended testicle (a genital abnormality that occurs when the testicle fails to move into its normal position in the scrotum during the first 3 months of your life)
Apart from the above mentioned points, another important factor that you and your partner must decide upon is whether or not you intend to use assisted reproductive procedures, such as ICSI (IntraCytoplasmic Semen Insertion) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help in conceiving. While the former sees fertilisation occurring naturally after the eggs and sperm get placed inside one of the two fallopian tubes, the latter deals with the transference of the embryo created in the laboratory into the uterus.
Even though the thought of infertility can be disappointing for you and your partner, early and timely intervention can help in easing up the process of conception and remove obstacles that might hinder your chances of having a baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife vagina is itching from few days and when she is pissing. Somethng want to come out from follis. Get me some solution.
Hi doctor. I am housewife and studying as my routine not good enough where I don't get time for exercise no proper healthy diet. Due to lack of sleep my dark circle increasing and skin too is dull after marriage.
"Up until now it has been assumed that high blood pressure subsides after pregnancy, and there was no structured follow?up of the women who experienced it.
Hypertensive disorders are common in pregnancy, affecting 2% to 35% of all pregnancies, and ranking among the leading causes of maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality worldwide. Preeclampsia or gestational hypertension associated with proteinuria is particularly linked with an increased risk for adverse pregnancy outcomes for both the mother and the fetus.
ज्वार के फ़ायदे और औषधीय गुण
ज्वार एक मोटा अनाज है। ज्वार का रंग पीला, भूरा लाल व सफेद होता है। ज्वार कई सारे पोषक तत्व और फ़ाइबर से भरपूर होता है। इसीलिए इसके सेवन से वज़न घटाने में बहुत मदद मिलती है। अधिकतर लोग ज्वार को पीसकर उसका आटा बनवाते हैं। ज्वार का आटा प्रोटीन का एक अच्छा स्रोत है। जो हृदय और मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फ़ायदेमंद है। ज्वार के फ़ायदे बवासीर और घावों को भरने में भी कारगर हैं। गर्मियों में इसका सेवन शीतलता प्रदान करता है। तो ज्वार और ज्वार की रोटी को अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें।
ज्वार के फ़ायदे
1. पोषक तत्व
ज्वार में मिनरल, प्रोटीन, फ़ाइबर, पोटैशियम, फास्फोरस, कैल्शियम, आयरन और विटमिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स जैसे कई पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं।
2. दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए
दांतों की ख़ास देखभाल के लिए ज्वार के दानों का राख बनाकर मंजन करें। इस मंजन को करने से दांत का दर्द बंद हो जाता है तथा मसूढ़ों की सूजन भी समाप्त हो जाती है।
3. वज़न घटाने में मदद करें
ज्वार में बहुत सारा फ़ाइबर पाया जाता है। इसलिए इसे अपने भोजन में ज़रूर शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपका वज़न नही बढ़ता है और आप मोटापे से भी बचे रहते हैं।
4. कब्ज़ को दूर करें
अगर आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या है तो आज से ही आप अपने खाने में ज्वार की रोटी को शामिल करें। इसे खाने से आपको कब्ज़ की समस्या से निजात मिलता है।
5. शरीर की जलन को दूर करें
अगर शरीर में जलन हो रही हो तो ज्वार का आटा पानी में घोल लें और फिर इस घोल का लेप शरीर पर लगा लें। इससे जलन धीरे धीरे कम हो जाती है।
6. कील व मुहांसों को दूर करें
अक्सर लोग कील मुहांसों को लेकर बहुत परेशान हो जाते हैं। क्योंकि कील मुहांसों के कारण ख़ूबसूरती भी कुछ फ़ीकी पड़ जाती है। तो कील मुहांसों को दूर करने के लिए इस घरेलू उपाय को ज़रूर करें।
घरेलू उपाय – ज्वार के कच्चे दाने पीसकर उसमें थोड़ा कत्था व चूना मिलाकर कील व मुहांसों पर लगाए, इससे कील मुहांसे गायब हो जाएंगे।
7. पेट की जलन शांत करें
भुनी ज्वार बताशे के साथ खाने से पेट की जलन शांत हो जाती है।
8. मासिक धर्म के विकार को दूर करें
मासिक धर्म के दर्द या कोई अन्य समस्याओं में ज्वार के फ़ायदे होते हैं। ज्वार के भुट्टे को जलाकर छान लें। इस राख को 3 ग्राम मात्रा में लेकर पानी के साथ सुबह के समय खाली पेट सेवन करें। इस उपाय को मासिक-धर्म शुरू होने से लगभग एक सप्ताह पहले करें और जब मासिक-धर्म शुरू हो जाए तो इसका सेवन बन्द कर दें। इससे मासिक धर्म के सभी विकार नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
9. प्यास अधिक लगने पर
अगर प्यास अधिक सताए तो गरमागरम ज्वार की रोटी बनाएं और इस रोटी को छाछ में भिगोकर खाने से प्यास कम लगती है।
ज्वार की रोटी कमज़ोर और वात पित्त के रोगी को न दें और अगर ज्वार की रोटी थोड़ी खाने को दे तो ज्वार के संग गुलकन्द मिलाकर दें। गुलकंद मिलाकर ज्वार की रोटी का सेवन करने से ज्वार के दोष दूर हो जाते हैं।