Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayalakshmi N
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi NYour feedback matters!
Here are some tips to manage PCOD
Tips and Treatments for PCOD
I’m Dr. K.D. Nayyar Infertility Specialist and the Senior Consultant and Head of Department at Akanksha IVF Centre.
One of the most common causes present in these days is Polycystic Ovarian Disease which is prevalent in almost 8 to 10 percent of the population.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease is affecting whole spectrum of women right from puberty till middle ages even post menstrual stage. And younger women, they are more worried about their menstrual disturbances, ovulation problem, the infertility problem, the sexual health and the older women are more worried about their metabolic problems, the pregnancy complications, and the chances of developing type-2 diabetes, the cardiovascular risk and the quality of life.
Whenever you have a woman with polycystic ovarian disease, you need a multi specialist input like, you need to have a gynaecologist, you do need to have a endocrinologist, a nutrition specialist, a psychologist, ultra-sonographer, all of them can combine and give their inputs in looking after these women.
The younger woman is too much worried about the acne, the excessive hair. They are advised to avoid certain types of food which can increase their sugar like, chocolates, which is a common thing among the younger age group, and they are advised to eat lot of green vegetables, tomatoes and meat products. The idea is they should not gain too much of weight. A reduction of 5 percent of the weight, help their menstrual cycle and ovulation.
Older age group who are looking for infertility treatment, they can start with simple oral medication, which has been there for a long time and if they don’t respond with this oral medication, they can either go for indictable colonography and if that doesn’t help they may go for laparoscopic ovarian drilling and there are lot of achievement available in your market these days. One has to choose the right type of achievement, it can be, by forming N- Acetyl Cysteine and it can be Dexamethasone it can be the only cases of hyperchlonaemia. And there are other lot of antioxidants available in the market but one has to choose the right combination.
The idea is that women should have an ovulation which should result in pregnancy and a healthy baby.
These women who have Polycystic Ovarian Disease even after the delivery they should be followed up for the blood sugar level and it will provide regularly they should be monitored because there is always a risk of type-2 diabetes developing in this group so one has to be careful that this need a monitoring for the rest of their life.
All such women who are suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease, they are advised to contact me on lybrate on their website or mobile app or they can come to me directly at my clinic.
I am a 5 month pregnant. I have a cold. Can you suggest me the home remedies for this without medication.
Hi, I got married in 2014 now I want to child so last two month we are trying but we couldn't can you please suggest me. We were try with overy scan and make a contract when it will rupture but we fail in that also can you please suggest me.
What is known as mc in women as one doctor asked me that my mc will be effected alot because I have taken 5 i-pill tablets in 2 years with gap of 4 months aur more than that.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Here are causes, symptoms and treatments of PCOD.
Hi everyone. So we will be discussing about PCOD that is Polycystic ovarian disease.
PCOD is a very common problem in young females these days and every now and then we have a patient in our OPD who complains of abnormal cycles and weight gain and as soon as patient works in our OPD you straight away know that this is a PCO patient just by looking at the patient and PCOD as we all know is Polycystic ovarian disease. The pathology lies in the ovaries and we have multiple cysts in the ovaries. If we do a ultrasound we can see small small cyst which are arranged in necklace pattern hence the name PCOD.
So this patient generally suffer from abnormal cycles. They have prolonged cycles, weight gain and increased facial hair and they are bothered a lot by the symptoms. By the way we have very good treatment available these days. We have very good supplements which can help elevate all these symptoms. The mainstay of treatment remains weight loss. If these patient lose even say 3 to 5 kg, they see a dramatic improvement in the cycles. For facial hair they can go undergo laser therapy and other treatments which are available. Later on they might infertility.
We have very good treatment for that also and the patients respond very well. If you want to know more about PCOD, you can contact me through Lybrate.