Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi KrishnamurthyYour feedback matters!
Sir/ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started from 10aug an ended on 15th aug. We had you protected sex on 27th of aug. I believe I did not cum Inside her but since she was not sure so she took ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of intercourse. After four days i.e. On 1st aug at 1: 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and blood was just like her periods. We both are very tensed as we don't want any pregnancy. please help. We will be grateful to you.
Hi, In a some days I've chest pain in left side, I don't know what is the reason for the pain. I think I've breast cancer?
I am a 21 year old female had a miscarriage and had a d and c procedure on September 1 got my first periods on October 6th and I probably should get my periods this month 6th but I didn't get it and am 7 days late totally scared pls help.
As stated by Ayurveda, Panchakarma is carried out in order to perform detoxification of the human body. "Pancha" means five while "karma" means treatment, thereby alluding to the five routines that are used to lessen the problematic doshas. Panchakarma is used to oust the doshas that are in excess and correct uneven characters. Moreover, it wipes out the problematic "ama" from the framework through the body's organs and elimination methods. Panchakarma sanitizes the tissues in a deeper manner. It incorporates step by step massages as well as oil showers, natural enemas and nasal associations. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma as a general medication in maintaining mental as well as physical cleanliness and balance.
Like each single medicinal procedure, Panchakarma Therapy should be started with an interview with a qualified Ayurvedic doctor who can then determine the individual's "prakriti", the condition of the health issue and the best possible level of power of those supported medicines.
There are a variety of therapies that can be used during the "Panchakarma" process. Two or three processes can be utilized in combination with each other. The five different therapies are:
- Abhyangasis the only home developed oil massage expected to deeply pass through the skin, loosen up the mind and body, differentiate between polluting influences, and recreate both blood and lymph stream. This brings about wanted conditions which is a raised state of mindfulness that will initiate and direct the inward repairing course of action of the body.
- Garshana pharmaceuticals include brushing technique using a dry lymphatic skin with silk glove or wool. This redesigns the flow and cleanses the skin so that the oil and home developed drugs can go through the skin pores.
- Swedana is an independently herbalized steam shower, in the midst of which, the head as well as the heart are cooled but the body is warmed to clear mental and physical toxic substances held up significantly inside the tissues
- Pizichili is a relentless pouring of warm, soothing herbalized oil applied on the body by two Ayurvedic physicians as they back rub the body in flawless agreement.
- Udvartana is a highly probing common glue lymphatic massage which re-establishes the characteristic brilliance while taking out other dangerous components.
I am pregnant with my husband now we don't want baby because first Baby is one year old daughter so we want abortion please help.
I am 18 years old, Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a week before but the sex lasts maximum for a min. After 8 hours of sex I took ipill and yesterday morning I spotted vaginal discharge, some drop of blood with sticky white thing and today I spotted the same thing.
I am 24 years old female and I am having over weight problem because of which I do not get my regular period. I have tried the treatment also but it was benefited me for short period time. What should I do?
Hello doctor. Am 5 months pregnant and have an extreme craving of white clay which is also known as khade in Hindi. If I doesn't take some pieces of that I get nausea. So please advice me that can intake of white clay is dangerous to my baby or me. please help me out Thanking you.
Hi I am tanishka 18 year's old girl I have am issue of pain during periods it very irritating for me give me some advise to get relief from me.
I am 23 years old. M 5 week pregnant. This is my first child. Please tell me what to do and what to don't do in diz week. please this is my first pregnancy and we are very happy.
I am 25 years I got period last month may now this month not came. I was taking pills upto march novelon I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? Please help me.
I suffer from severe abdominal pain along with heavy bleeding during my menstruation every month. I have polycystic operated.
A girl aged 29 years having problem with white vaginal discharges since last two years, presently she feel a considerable weakness and discomfort and backache. I need your support and guideline to get treatment.
I am a 26 year old female, I got my last periods on 27.03. 16 and I took my UPT on 8.5. 16 when I dint get my periods and it was positive, everything was going good till today when my doctor did my TVS and couldn't find any heartbeat, she said baby is visible but their is no heartbeat and prescribed me course of injections for a week, I am worried please help and can you temme m how many weeks pregnant?
I have problem in Breast my both boobs are not in same size left one is big and right one is too small. How can I get rid from that. What is the reason for that. What I have to do so that both look same. please suggest me to get rid from that.
Hi me n my hubby had sex on 3 march and i took i pill and i got the periods on 8th. Again we had unprotected sex on 13th and once again i took pills and i got periods on 19th.Actually my date was 18th march.Now i'm getting pregnancy symptoms.When i test it was negative can u help me on this? m i pregnant? ?
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.
Sir Dr. meri wife ka head bahut pain hota hai itna jyada hota hai ki wo behaush hojati hai. Aur usko thyroid bhi hai. Aaj hmne doctor se medicine bhi layi thi lekin usko farak nahi pad raha hai. please help me .3 month ago she delivered a baby. And put doctor told us that blood in her body is less.
My wife is pregnant nearly at eighth month. The baby only weighs 1.341 kg and have some fetal hypnosis . Please tell what to do next?
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?