Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hii Dr, I am 25 years old female, I listened one thing that we shouldn't take buttermilk and curd in menses time, is it true? If we take buttermilk and curd in menses time, what happened is it bad for health?
Just half an hour of cycling daily can work wonders at getting rid of unwanted belly fat. Not only does cycling tone your legs but it also helps loose weight from the abdomen.
Research says that cycling helps burn approximately 300 calories every hour builds strength and stamina and even improves cardiovascular fitness.
My periods are going to start on Friday, I took I can pregnancy home test today I.e Monday. It shows 2 lines. Shall I test again? Am I pregnant? Or could it be false.
For testing pregnancy, how far the pregnant testing kit is true if it gives the 100./ conformation result. Shall I confirm on kit truly. What are the symptoms to be noticed for confirming the pregnancy. Please do a reply I was in stress about it.
Kissing your loved one not only feels great but also is phenomenally great for your overall health and wellbeing. Did you know that deep kissing can boost your immunity, reduce your blood pressure and can help in maintaining your physique? Kissing has some surprising health benefits you would not have known. Read on to find how kissing ensures a healthier lifestyle for you.
1. Burns calories
Kissing is known to increase your metabolism rate up to 2 times more than usual, thus helping you to burn more calories. In fact, studies suggest that kissing your partner for more than 1 minute can help you burn almost 25 calories.
2. Lowers stress
Kissing can be a great stress buster as it is known to reduce levels of cortisol, ‘the stress hormone,’ in your body. Kissing also helps in boosting your immune system and as a result aids in overcoming post-work exhaustion to a great extent.
3. Ensures more sexual pleasure
Kissing has positive effects on your heart as well as self-esteem, and it is also usually the first step towards sexual intercourse. Kissing also plays a vital role in foreplay, and hence makes sex a more pleasurable and enjoyable experience.
4. Strengthens the bond of love
Research shows that couples who kiss more often and whose kisses last longer may have a better relationship. Kissing helps in increasing the connection between two individuals and ensures the partners of each other’s feelings of commitment and compassion, which consequently helps in building a stronger and long lasting bond.
5. Makes you happy
Endorphins are known to be the hormones responsible for happiness. Locking lips initiates the release of endorphins, which make you feel happy. Studies suggest that kissing helps to curb depression better than psychologist treatments or anti-depressants.
6. Reduces pain
Engaging in a heated kissing session triggers your body to release adrenaline, which is known to reduce pain.
7. Gives you healthier teeth
An intense passionate kiss results in more saliva secretion in your mouth. Researchers are of the opinion that this helps in washing away plaque from your teeth, resulting in less cavities, and whiter and healthier teeth.
8. Tightens your facial skin
A kiss requires the use of almost 30 muscles of your face together. This ensures a workout of your facial muscles and keeps them strong for a long time, leaving you both with a younger look and feel.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
My sister is 19 years old but she didn't have periods. We took homeopathic medicine but nothing happened. Now after ultrasound, reports were showing that a rudimentary nodule of some mm was found instead of uterus. At last it was written rudimentary/ absent uterus.
Hello Doctor, I have taken pregnancy test but its negative. And cons ulted doctor they have given me primolut-n 5mg tab for periods. My weight is 60.8 kg nd stil I have not got my periods. My last period was 2 January. I am worried. Please suggest me.
Obesity is a lifestyle disorder where a person has too much body fat. Weight that is higher than what is considered as a healthy weight for a given height is described as overweight or Obesity.
Body Mass Index, (BMI) is used as a screening tool for obesity. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a person's weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range. Obesity happens over time when you eat more calories than you use.
The balance between calories-in and calories-out differs for each person.
Factors that might affect your weight include your genetic makeup, overeating, eating high-fat foods, not being physically active, medical ailments like hypothyroidism, depression,polycystic ovarian disease, hormonal changes during pregnancy and menopause ,lack of sleep .
Risks associated with Obesity:
If you're obese, you're more likely to develop a number of potentially serious health problems, including:
- High Cholestrol
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Breathing disorders, including sleep apnea
- Gallbladder disease
- Gynecological problems, such as infertility and irregular periods
- Osteoarthritis Knee
- Fatty Liver
- Social stigma leading to isolation and depression.
Coping Strategies: The goal of person wanting to lose weight should be make changes in your eating habits and increased physical activity. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you take in.
- Dietary Changes: These include calorie cutting, eating lower energy density foods which help you feel full for longer periods, healthier plant based and lean meat diet.
- Exercise and be active.
- Sleep on time.
- Drink water throughout the day to keep your metabolic rate high.
- Homoeopathic Medicines: These medicines are safe and free from any side-effects and help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism, improving your digestion and creating a sense of fullness.
This causes less food intake and so less fat build-up. Homoeopathy treats each person individualistically by knowing the cause of his obesity.
Few homoeopathic medicines for weight loss are- Calcarea .carb, Phytolecca.b, Ammonium.carb,Graphites and Kali.carb.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have periods on 27th bt still I did not get I have tried papaya jaggery and ginger tea also bt no result wat would be the problem.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- You and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- You are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What Are The Chances Of Getting Preg! If A Girl Is On Periods For 5Days And Had Protected Sex With Her Partner Using A Male Condom. On 6th Day of Her Periods, When Her Period Cycle is 30. Suppose She Miss Her Periods And It's Day 5 Her Periods Haven't Arrived. And Any Medicine Easily Available In Medical Stores That Can Avoid Pregnancy At This Point.?
I am not having a healthy periods from 2 months. It ends in 1 or max 1.5 days. I am worried why this is happening to me. My diet is good. I eat fruits, green veggies and pulses properly. Please help.
My legs are swelling and getting little pain. I am 7th month pregnant. How to get relief from pain. thanks.
Paraphilias are emotional disorders defined as sexually arousing fantasies, urges or behaviors that are recurrent, intense, occur over a specific period of time, and cause significant distress involving non-consenting partners, partners who are suffering or being humiliated (simulated or real) or through the use of an object.
There are a number of causes that result in Paraphilic disorders. Some of them are:
In most cases, one or more events occurred during childhood that led the individual to associate sexual pleasure with that event (or object) thus resulting in the development of a paraphilia.
Symptoms of Paraphilia:
- Humiliating another person
- Beating or spanking
Symptoms of paraphilia can include preoccupation to the point of obsessiveness that may intrude on the person's attempt to intimate with the person of similar age. Paraphilia sufferers may experience depression or anxiety that is temporarily relieved by engaging in paraphilic behavior, thus leading to an addictive cycle.
How do health professionals diagnose paraphilias?
Usually providers of mental-health care help make the diagnosis of paraphilias, including licensed mental-health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and social workers.
Common Treatment of Paraphilias:
Treatment modalities currently used fall into three categories: surgical castration, psychotherapy, and pharmacotherapy.
- Pharmacological interventions consist of antiandrogens.Cyproterone and medroxyprogesterone acetates are the two antiandrogens more commonly used.
- Psychotropic drugs may be effective solely in men with a definite obsessive-compulsive disorder component.
- Group therapy helps in breaking through the denial so commonly found in people.
- Cognitive therapies described include restructuring cognitive distortions and empathy training. Also social skills are a better way to treat patients with these types of disorders.
Physicians must be aware that not every therapist treats people with paraphilias. There may be a need for consultations with other professionals, such as a neurologist (if neurologic signs are present), an attorney, or even a member of the clergy.
Exercise atleast 30 minutes everyday depending upon your age and weight. Get some help from an expert to suggest best activity for you.