Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayakumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumariYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr, I'm 4 months pregnant. I am suffering from burning of feet at night, swelling in my feet and slight numbness in feet in morning from past 2-3 days. Is this normal? Also I'm getting pain in my left side of lower abdomen from 2-3 days that last for approx 2-3 mins. What can be the reason for this? Can you please guide?
Hello doctor, I have unprotected sex on 20 feb and taken the pills within 1 hours and again on 23 feb we make the relation and taken the pills after 24 hrs and again we make on 1 st march and after 24 hrs I have taken the pills. My last period started on 14 feb Dr. is there any chances of getting pregnant I am 19 year old. Without knowing the result can be take mifepristone and misoprostol tab.
I am 20 years old I had sex with my boyfriend on 8th August 2016 we used condoms for protection and today I vomited 6 times in 90 mins apart from this there is slight bleeding from my private part accompanied by jalan and feeling fatigue my last periods came on 17th July 2016 Can I get pregnant with the above mentioned symptoms Please help.
What are the foods that can entice a pregnant women as a women despite hungry shows reluctance to eat anything?
I am 24 year old. My period is irregular. Which medicine best for time to time period comes. My lo is 11 month old and I am not ready to next baby.
My frnd and her girlfriend had sex 1 week after her periods. He was using condom. But it got break and His sperm got inside her. After one hour they have taken an I pill. One week later she got bleeding. Bleeding was on 12th of last month. Her normal periods was on 30th of every month. But she did not get periods on 30th after this bleeding. But periods came on 5th of this month. That means 26 days after the I pill bleeding. It was a normal period for her. But now her stomach is feeling heavier. Which was not felt before. And on that day she ddnt had food because of that. Her periods was for 3 days. From 5th to 8th. Is there any chance of pregnancy for her. please help them in this regards.
Me and my fiancee had sex on 21st of last month but condom broke so she had a ipill in 3 hours. She had bleeding from 25th to 29th. We again had sex on 5th of this month. Her regular periods starts from 23rd of every month and never delayed. But this time she did not have periods and its 28. Any chance of getting pregnant?
Whether you want to bulk up or lose weight, working this fiber-rich vegetable into your diet will help you reach your fitness goals.
Sweet potatoes pack a powerful nutritional punch. They are one of the best sources of vitamin A and packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, potassium, magnesium and dietary fiber that are essential for optimal health.
And yes, safe for diabetics - it assists in stabilising the blood sugar levels.
HOW TO CHOOSE:
Choose sweet potatoes that are firm and do not have any cracks, bruises or soft spots.
BEST WAY TO COOK:
Steam or boil.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.