Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayakumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumariYour feedback matters!
Toxic shock syndrome is a severe condition resulting from a bacterial infection. This infection is caused by the bacteria, Staphylococcus Aureus, which enter the bloodstream. Once into the bloodstream, the bacteria start producing toxins in the body. This is common among menstruating women who have a habit of using super-absorbent tampons. It can, however, also affect men and children.
In case of toxic shock syndrome, one might experience symptoms of low blood pressure and fever. Dryness of the eyes and the mouth, muscle pain and diarrhea are also common symptoms of this disorder. Your blood pressure may drop suddenly, making you prone to fatigue and nausea.
This type of infection occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a cut or sore on the skin. Women who use tampons during their menstrual cycles are vulnerable as tampons happen to be thriving spots for bacteria if aren’t changed frequently. Fibers present in the tampons may also create friction against the vagina, thus creating an opening for the bacteria to enter the bloodstream.
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors for toxic shock syndrome:
- Presence of an open wound on the skin
- Giving birth to a child
- Using vaginal sponge or diaphragm as contraceptives
This disorder is considered to be a medical emergency. To combat the bacterial infection, antibiotics are administered into the body via intravenous means. The course of the antibiotic treatment lasts for about 7-8 weeks. There are other treatments for this disorder, which mainly depend on the causes. If the cause of the disorder is a tampon or a vaginal sponge, then it will need to be removed from the body. In case of a wound being the cause, the pus from the wound will need to be drained. Blood pressure medications are also possible treatment modes for toxic shock syndrome.
You can also follow these preventive measures:
1. Replace your tampon regularly
2. Avoid using super absorbent tampons
3. Use sanitary napkins when the volume of bleeding is low
4. In case of wounds, keep the area clean and dry
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
This is the first time I will be using pregnancy pills to avoid pregnancy. So please prefer me some. And please suggest me the technique how to use them.
For pregnancy We doing daily night intercourse from 3 days in her fertile days (periods end on 7 aug ) Is that any problem ?
I am 23yrs old female, and I am suffering from irregular period's problem from 1 -2 yrs, whenever I miss my periods I consult to doctor, doctor take ultrasound, and other blood tests all my reports shows normal and tell me that it is due to hormonal imbalances and give medicine (registered) after taking this medicine I put on lots of my weight, so now I'm started taking ayurvedic medicine. So, I am little bit afraid of it because doctor also told me that I can have a problem of conceiving baby after marriage. So please help me know why I am suffering from this problem again and again what can be the reason in your point of view, and also suggest me while taking ayurvedic medicine is good for such problems or not.
Can girl pregnant on 20th day or period cycle? please suggest because period is delaying around 5 days.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi I am 23yrs old girl. I generally get my periods late orelse on time and they last for a maximum of 5 days. Is time I hav got my periods 9 days early and I only bleed lyk 10 drops maximum in d whle day orels when I go to urinate thrs red slimy discharge orelse wen I wash myself thr I gt like a thread of blood. For once I noticed there was black blood. And its been 9 days now that I am bleeding jat maximum of 0 drops a day. Is this something to worry about. I would also like to tell you that last time when I had done my sonography dey had tested an ovarian cyst which I have never treated. Would that be a problem?
My wife had undergone a chocolate cyst surgery on 30th August. Her periods have not yet occurred as of 01 Nov. We visited her gynaec 10 days ago and she asked us to wait and watch. Is this expected? What is the average no. Of days after periods start occurring again?
I want to know that I had a unprotected sex on 18-12-15 with my husband and now I don't want to take contraceptive pills and I don't want to get pregnant. So what should I do to avoid pregnancy?
I did sex with my bf used condom but had dout sperm enter inside my vagina or not so I took ipill. My period came 9th oct to 15th oct. I did sex on 14th oct within 48 hr I took ipill after 7 days I got 4 days bleeding now today is 10th november but my period not come so please tell is safe or not?
Hi, I had sex with my boyfriend just before 4 days of periods. But unfortunately I did not get my periods yet. Its been 9 days we had sex nd 5 days delay of my periods. I'm 100% sure that I'm not pregnant because we used condom very effectively. I observed the same situation previously in my periods delay when we have sex just before they start. Otherwise it is regular every month. Why is it happening. Can someone help me out to understand.
Hello. This question is regarding my own problem. I took an ipill last month on 15th day of my menstrual cycle and had my periods 2 days prior to the actual date. Since I am done with my periods I am feeling dizzy and having a very bad headache and also feel pukish or feel like vomiting. Is there something to worry? Should I take a pregnancy test?
Pomegranate - the powerful antioxidant.
Pomegranate a sweet fruit that is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibres. This is what makes this fruit so healthy, so as it is also called as the powerful antioxidant.
" here are some amazing benefits of pomegranate"
Pomegranate protects your skin by aiding cell regeneration and tissue repair as well as by improving circulation, which in turn aids healing of wounds. Pomegranate protects your skin from damage caused by prolonged exposure to the sun. It is also known to help fight skin cancer. Pomegranate possesses properties that help prevent wrinkles, fine lines, age spots and hyper pigmentation. The elastin and collagen in the fruit help make your skin smooth yet firm. Yes, use pomegranate for skin problems. The molecular structure of pomegranate enables it to penetrate skin and provide moisture from deep within. Pomegranate is rich in vitamins and minerals which, in turn helps fight dandruff, strengthen hair follicles and promote hair growth. Owing to the high content of antioxidants, pomegranates can minimize the effects of free radicals and permanently eliminate them too. One of the biggest benefits of pomegranate juice is keeping your heart healthy. Pomegranate juice is a potent blood thinner thereby preventing the clogging of arteries. It actually fights various forms of cancer, right from prostate to breast cancer. Owing to the fact that it is rich in enzyme inhibitors, it controls cartilage damage as well as degeneration. From dysentery to constipation, pomegranate has properties that fight off these conditions. Pomegranate is rich in iron and helps regulate hemoglobin levels, thereby curing anemia. Rich in vitamin c, pomegranate helps soothe inflammations that are inherent to conditions like sore throats, asthma and wheezing. Pomegranate helps improve blood circulation and prevents clotting of blood. Pomegranate boosts energy levels and cleanses your body which aids weight loss.
Thanks for reading this article" pomegranate - the powerful antioxidant, if you like this"
चिरौंजी (बुकानानिया लानजान) या चिरौंजी वृक्ष भारत के मूल हैं जो देश के उत्तर पश्चिमी हिस्सों में बड़ी मात्रा में उगते हैं। चिरौंजी को भारत का सदाबहार औषधीय पौधे माना जाता है। अक्सर बादाम के बदले में प्रयोग किया जाता है, चिरौंजी के बीज पोषक तत्वों से भरे हुए, आयुर्वेदिक चिकित्सा में एक महत्वपूर्ण तत्व हैं। चिरौंजी में बादाम की तुलना में मामूली अम्लीय स्वाद होता है। यह खपत के लिए एक हल्की लौ में भुना जाता है।
चिरौंजी बीज कैलोरी में कम हैं और प्रोटीन, फाइबर आहार और वसा का अच्छा स्रोत हैं। चिरौंजी आपको विटामिन सी, विटामिन बी 1, विटामिन बी 2 और नियासिन जैसी विटामिन प्रदान करती है। कैल्शियम, फास्फोरस और लोहे जैसे खनिजों को भी इन बीजों में उच्च मात्रा में पाए जाता है।
चिरौंजी के लाभ:
चिरौंजी के विभिन्न आयुर्वेदिक स्वास्थ्य लाभ हैं:
1. दस्त और अन्य पाचन समस्याओं के लिए: यह दस्त बाँधने में मदद करता है और आपके आंत्र आंदोलनों को नियमित बना देता है। इस पौधे के कुछ हिस्सों में मौजूद कत्थई गुणों को इसका श्रेय दिया जा सकता है।
2. श्वसन समस्याओं के लिए: चिरौंजी तेल के कुछ बूंदों के साथ मिश्रित पानी की भाप की श्वास के कारण ठंड से तत्काल राहत प्रदान की जा सकती है, क्योंकि यह बलगम को ढीला करने में मदद करता है। चिरौंजी बीज के बलगम निकालने वाले गुण नाक की भीड़ और छाती की भीड़ से राहत में भी मदद करते हैं।
3. प्रजनन प्रणाली के लिए: चिरौंजी तेल प्रजनन प्रणाली से संबंधित समस्याओं का इलाज करने के लिए एक प्रभावी उपाय है। इसके बीज में कामोद्दीपक गुण होते हैं और इसलिए यौन और प्रजनन संबंधी समस्याओं जैसे कि शीघ्रपतन, नपुंसकता और कामेच्छा की हानि के इलाज में उपयोग किए जाते हैं।
4. ठंडा प्रभाव प्रदान करें: चिरौंजी के बीज आपके शरीर को ठंडा करने में मदद करते हैं और इसलिए शरीर में जलन उत्तेजना को कम करने के लिए एक उपाय के रूप में इस्तेमाल किए जा सकते हैं। चिरौंजी के बीज से प्राप्त तेल में त्वचा के साथ जुड़े दोषों, चकत्ते दर्द, खुजली, कांटेदार गर्मी और अन्य समस्याओं से राहत में मदद मिल सकती है।
5. सूजन और संक्रमण के लिए: चिरौंजी बीज से निकाला जाने वाला तेल, जब बाह्य रूप से लागू होता है, तो गर्दन में ग्रंथियों की सूजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है। यह तेल त्वचा के संक्रमण के उपचार के लिए एक उपाय के रूप में भी इस्तेमाल किया जाता है और त्वचा पे निशान और धब्बे से मुक्त करता है। चिरौंजी बीज के तेल संधिवाली सूजन और जोड़ों के दर्द के मामले में भी प्रभावी पाया जाता है।
6. एंटी अल्सर गुण: परंपरागत रूप से इसका इस्तेमाल मुंह के अल्सर के उपचार में किया जाता है। माना जाता है कि शरीर पर ठंडा प्रभाव पड़ता है और अल्सर से बचाता है।
7. प्रतिरक्षा में सुधार: चिरौंजी के बीज में प्रतिरक्षा को प्रोत्साहित करने की क्षमता है।
8. खून की शुद्धता: यह उचित रक्त परिसंचरण में मदद करता है। तनाव और मानसिक चिंताएं कोर्टिसोल, जिसे तनाव हार्मोन भी कहा जाता है, के स्राव को उत्तेजित करके रक्तप्रवाह में विषाक्त पदार्थों के निर्माण में योगदान करती हैं। चिरौंजी का मन और शरीर पर सकारात्मक प्रभाव पड़ता है और उचित रक्त परिसंचरण बढ़ाता है।
9. त्वचा के लिए: चिरौंजी के बीज त्वचा के लिए बेहद फायदेमंद पाए जाते हैं। वे विटामिन और खनिजों में समृद्ध हैं जो आपकी त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य के लिए अच्छे हैं। दूध के साथ मिश्रित चिरौंजी बीज के पाउडर से बना पेस्ट एक अद्भुत फेस पैक है।
I am 20 year old. Im suffering with pcos. I have taken homeopathy for few months. But I get my periods only when I take it or else it would take 6-7 months. Please help me.
I am pregnant from 3 months. Please suggest me healthy diet with timing. And please tell me some tips to be healthy.
Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of you take supplements of vitamin on a regular basis as it aids the buildup of new hair and skin cells. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
- Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aid in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges and papayas, and beans.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi, vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new shafts of hair. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu, and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun, and is called the sun-shine vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
- Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair fall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair-
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. But lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
- cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
- lowering your stress by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
- drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress, can all help improve the well-being of your hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.