Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumariYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am 30 years old female unmarried I was 54 and now I am 63 I hv gained weight in just 2 yrs. I wanna shed at least 5 kgs please suggest me what to do. thanks.
My wife has been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome last week. Would you please suggest some medicines for the same. And does she have to follow a specific diet for it. Tysm.
I'm Having severe burning sensation in vagina during urination, and have got little fever, also feeling vomiting, my periods are due in next 24 hrs. I had sex with my husband yesterday.
I am 22 years old. Last one month periods not come, so last 15days I had m2tone tablet, but still periods not coming. What can I do.
I'm 30 week pregnant this is my second pregnancy and I have pain in my back and near urine place and I'm not able to sleep properly what shall I do for this pain my doctors says it is due to lack of calcium.
I have done unprotected sex with my boyfriend. On 26 th day after my periods. He ejaculated in me twice. As it was unprotected no condom. So his liquid gone inside me. Now I m worried. Will I get pregnant. My periods will come 5- 6 days later. I think we have done sex in safe days still I m worried as it was unprotected. What should I do?
Is it safe to intake 5gms of creatine everyday? In that case, if it cause any side effects what I need to do to recover that? Does it really have any side effect if I fail to consume adequate amount of water?
I am 4 months pregnant. I went for ultrasound found 15 mm stone in gal bladder .also found pancreatic infection .admitted 3 days in hospital. Infection is under control. Discharge from hospital. Now I have pain on my right side of stomach and when I am puking its Green coming out. Vomiting is green in color. What should I do?
They say, not everything sweet necessarily leaves a sweet taste. True to that, sugar, whether brown or white, is often considered detrimental to health. Not only does it trigger glucose imbalance in the body, it also heightens the potential of cardiovascular diseases. However, if a comparison is drawn between white and brown sugar, the latter is assumed to be healthier. Brown sugar is essentially granulated sugar with molasses, so it contains greater amount of minerals and consequently is recommended over white sugar. Molasses, being a more natural constituent, reaps more health benefits in comparison to white sugar.
The usual process of manufacturing sugar involves extracting the juice from sugar cane, which then is centrifuged to form finer granules. Unlike white sugar, it goes into further processing; brown sugar is blended with molasses. This enhances the natural constituency of the sugar and makes it more refined. Brown sugar has certain explicit advantages. Often, white sugar includes synthetic flavors which may cause further damage to your health. As against this, brown sugar is slightly more beneficial.
Brown sugar comes with few other discrete advantages. A large number of weight watchers vouch for it. Compared to white sugar, brown sugar supplies a fairly reduced amount of calories. Moreover, brown sugar is surfeit in minerals. It provides one with a decent quantum of calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. With regard to taste, brown sugar has a quainter taste than white sugar. Brown sugar, on account of the greater proportion of molasses content, usually is less saccharine than white sugar.
While the minimal processing that goes into making brown sugar enhances its nutritive value, it really isn't a healthy alternative to plain sugar. True, it retains more health enzymes than plain sugar, but it does not really benefit your body. Many perceive that the hype around the health benefits of brown sugar is a marketing strategy and gimmicky stance to increase its market values.
My wife was having TS of 6.4 in January 2016 and she started course of Thyronorm 50mg. Her current TSH level is 1.31. Whether she should continue 50mg or reduce it to 25mg level. We are planning for baby and trying for that.
Hi could you please suggest best contraceptive pills to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Is it good to take regular pills?
I want to kno as to how 2 combat the menstrual pains on 1st and 2nd day. I face abdominal nd muscular pains. Alot of mood swings nd uneasiness. Is there a long term or permanent solution? Does Ashokarishta help in this? Or shud I change my diet also.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 5 Quick-fix Detox Drinks That Will Do Damage Control
I have irregular menstrual cycle. I get my periods on 35- 40 days I am not getting it on 30 days. What to do to make it regular every month.
What do you do when the munchies strike? Do you look for the healthiest option and wait for it? Or do you simply grab what you see instantly and stuff it in before you have second thoughts about it? Chances are, you may be onto a healthy diet which is being countered by an unhealthy snack time. So what can you do to snack in a healthy way? Read on to know more!
- Take Smaller Meals: Instead of doing three feast like meals and then vowing to stay hungry in between, it is better to instead divide your meals into five or six mini meals that will keep you going the whole day. This will keep you feeling full, and prevent you from reaching out for fatty, oily or excessively sweet food.
- Timing Matters: Knowing when and how to take your meals will decide whether or not you feel hungry for a snack at odd hours. Try to have breakfast within an hour after you wake up, and have your last meal well before bedtime. This will give your metabolism a kick and keep it working until your body's digestive fires are on so that you do not feel the need for snacks.
- Healthy Snacks: Who said snacks need to be composed entirely of junk food? You can create mini meals out of healthy sacks and learn to enjoy them too. Carry a small airtight jar of mixed dry fruits and nuts, roasted flaxseed, and other such ingredients which you can munch on. These ingredients help in curbing the hunger to a great extent. Also, you can indulge in a portion of fruit between one meal, and a salad between another. Whole grain crackers can also save you a great deal of calories.
- Bring Protein and Carbohydrates Together: Looking for a quick dose of energy as you sit slumped at your work desk, ready to demolish an entire muffin? Well, think of proteins and carbohydrates instead. A yummy dip with whole grain crackers, or a box of chickpeas seasoned with your favourite condiments, will do the trick. These snacks will help keep you full for longer periods, even as they give you a shot of energy without an unhealthy diet.
- Small Treats: Get yourself a small treat every once in a while so that you remember to enjoy the smaller things without going full on binge.
- Multitask: Get on to an important task while you snack so that you end up eating less, and you work more of your energy into the task instead.
- Snacking is not the offense: Snacking on the wrong thing is. So remember to be mindful of these tricks to get yourself a healthier snack.