Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumariYour feedback matters!
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must consult a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Is it possible to be infected with stds or hiv if one's indulge in too much anal sex? What precautions one should use before anal sex?
I am 17 years old girl I need help to clear my doubt I got intimate with my boyfriend he touched my vagina but not ejaculate nor put finger later after few days he started rubbing genitals on mine but both time I wore clothes is there chances of missing period or pregnancy but sperms May not contact my ovum.
Can I drink licorice tea to get rid of pcos / endometriosis symptoms. If not can you please suggest some suggestions to get rid of pcos and endometriosis. I am planning to conceive.
Sir my pregnancy result is positive through pregnancy kit but after some day bleeding start .it start with open bleeding but when I ultrasound my abdomen then it show 5 week 5 day g sac. Dr. Again call us for re ultrasound after 10 days to check. My bleeding is not stopping n it is in few amount. I asked this question yesterday but answer was too short. Can any doctor elaborate the solution.
My wife age 62 is suffering from urine leakage problem. Uterus and gall bladder has been removed. Frequent urge to urinate. Please suggest remedy.
I have done protected sex with my boyfriend on 21st june and check condoms after having sex and found that they were intact. But we did unprotected anal. And I have taken i-pill after 16 hours. My period date on previous month was 3.5.16. But on this month its has been 3 days of my date but I am not bleeding. Though my periods are quite regular. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please advise. I am just freaking out.
There are some diseases which a person can get affected by due to no fault of theirs, at all. And then, there are lifestyle diseases for which a person is solely responsible. So what can be done in order to fight lifestyle diseases like hypertension and diabetes, which can cause more than a fair amount of trouble?
The most important thing to keep in mind when an individual is battling a lifestyle disease is the diet of the person. Even for someone who has not had the misfortune of being affected by such a disease, the general level of health has a lot to do with what is eaten and drunk. One of the first things one should do is to eliminate the unhealthy fats (also known as saturated fats and trans-fats) that may be a part of one’s diet and replace them with more healthy fats. For instance, chips and other oily food need to be replaced with unsaturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids are also good for the body, if consumed in a reasonable quantity. One of the best sources for Omega 3 is fish.
One of the ways to determine if a person is at risk is by checking if the waist size of an individual is larger than what it should be. In the case of men, if the waist size is more than 40 inches, it means he may be at significant risk. On the other hand, when it comes to women, the waist size should not exceed 35 inches.
A lot of people do try and eat food which is more nutritious. While this is a very good and recommended practice, the pitfall comes by way of not keeping track of what is eaten. So, it is always a good idea to keep a food diary. Not only does this increase the chances of a person sticking to a beneficial diet, but also it provides a record, which can be checked to measure the intake of salt, sugar and fat. This is important since salt often becomes a major cause leading to lifestyle diseases. So, there should be no added salt to meals once they are prepared. Instead of using salt, herbs can add a wonderful flavour to your meals. Similarly, excess consumption of sugar or fat is also not beneficial in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My periods were delayed. Today is CD49. I had faint positive hpt. Done 2 beta hcg showing <0.1saying its negative. Consulted a doctor. Gave me cycloset dabur syrup. If I am pregnant will it effect the growth of the fetus?
I'm 27 year old man and going to get marriage soon, my concern is while master bating my ejuculation happen very early, I never has sex with any women so I don't how it's going to affect my sex life on very first day, so can you please advice me to how to over come from this problem?
Dear dr. Mera 7 month ka baby h baby hone ke baad meri wife ka 4 month ke baad period time aaya tha aur ab 3 month ho gaya hai lekin period time nhi aaya hai please help me.
Hi I am 32 year old and my wife is 23 year old, We are trying to get baby but not happening as she is not getting pregnancy. Please suggest on this as how to get pregnant. You advise will be highly appreciated.
During periods the sexual thirst of my wife increases considerably and forces me to have sex after 3rd day. Is is safe and is so should I go for full insertion.
Mai aapse Hindi mai question krna chahta hu. Meri shadi ko kuch month hue hain. Now I want a baby from my wife. But problem is I mustarbate from last 10/year's now. Muje Jo semen aata hai wo thora patla hai. Hai white b but thora patla hai iss se mai wife ko pregnant kr skta hu. Aur intercourse KB KB krna hai muje kya time hai after period. please suggest me in detail.
I am on birthcontrol pills since 7 months. My period is to come on 1st I had used protection on the first time the same day later during the second time we had unprotected sex though he did not ejaculate inside me. Do I need to take I pill in order to protect myself from pregnancy?
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.