Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dear Concern, I am married man and now passed the 1 & half year but my wife hasn't pregnant rightnow what wrong we did I dont know I dont know the right time for sex. Means after wife mens what right time to sex and when should be stop. Please give suggestion.
Acidity - gastritis: understanding the symptoms and causes
Gastritis/acidity is a group of diseases or symptoms where there is excess secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach.
If you have upper abdominal discomfort or pain, stomach fullness, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, belching, waterbrash or irregular bowel movement, then you must be suffering from acidity or gastritis. It is a problem which becomes worse when an individual has poor eating habits and improper lifestyle.
Gastritis: swelling of stomach lining
Various factors like spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. Can cause increase in gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining. Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining.
Gastritis a very common disorder of all age groups
Gastritis is of two types - acute gastritis (which occur suddenly) and chronic gastritis (develops over a period of time). In India gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years). Adolescence is a change from childhood to adulthood, the period in which a lot of physical and psychological changes occur increasing the risk of gastritis.
Multiple factors cause gastritis
Various factors like spicy food, medicines (pain killers), tobacco, alcohol, emotional disturbance, psychological stress, smoking, alcohol intake and bacterial infection lead to gastritis.
Besides these, the three most important factors include helicobacter pylori infection (bacterial infection), use of painkiller medicines and autoimmunity (body loses its own immunity and attacks itself). These factors in the long term may even cause an ulcer (permanent breakage of the stomach lining), acid reflux disorder (food coming back to mouth after swallowing) and stomach cancer.
What does Ayurveda suggest?
In Ayurveda, agni refers to fire like activity in alimentary canal responsible for digestion of food which is influenced by the status of doshas. When samana-vata associates with kapha in turn produces weak digestive power (agni-mandya). Consuming food against the code of dietetics i. E. Ahara-vidhi vidhana and ahara-vidhi-visheshayatana (method of taking food) lead to a number of diseases related with food. Eating food before the previous food is digested, untimely food, eating too much of spicy or oily food, eating when not hungry, drinking too much water during food and at a time unless required, very hot high fatty-fried food, stale food, heavy diet, excess consumption of horse gram, vitiate all the three body humours (tridosha) also contribute to the symptoms of gastritis.
Due to the sourness of consumed food the liquidity of pitta increases further decreasing the capacity for digestion (agnimandya). Hence, rasadi-dhatu is not formed in a proper manner. This, after a certain period, manifests as amlapitta (hyperacidity).
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people even there are no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is of acute (coming on suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time) type.
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness,
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Waterbrashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/vomiting feeling
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion,
- Chest burn or gnawing feeling between meals (heartburn)
- Hiccups etc.
In addition to this, symptoms of chronic gastritis may include weight loss, continuous flatulence, black stool, loss of appetite and even anemia.
How to diagnose gastritis?
To diagnose gastritis, performs a thorough physical evaluation, and may recommend a blood test for h. Pylori screening, stool test for blood in the stool. Abdominal x-rays or barium studies (upper or lower) may demonstrate the presence of thickened stomach lining and folds that are signs of inflammation in the stomach.
Sometimes, an endoscope, a thin tube containing a tiny camera, is inserted through the mouth and down into the stomach to look at the stomach lining (endoscopy). The doctor will check for inflammation and may perform a biopsy, in which a tiny sample of tissue is removed and sent for analysis of gastric lining.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I have fibroids detected in my pregnancy having size of 8 cm in lower uterine wall section. Am 17 weeks pregnant and my level two scan is scheduled. Am worried fr preterm labour and other risks will it affect baby growth physically or mentally? Kindly help so many thoughts cm to my mind.
Electric pads, hot water bottles, and gel packs or moist such as damp clay packs are the common hot agents used for hot therapy.
Hi I am 18 year old, doing UG in zoology 2nd year. I've been gaining weight of about 10+ KGS in a a year, for the past 3 months I didn't have my periods, I checked with the gynecologist. There is no thyroid problems, with an ultrasound, it said I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). The left ovary has cysts of size 6-7 mm (vol 15. 01 cc) num of cysts (9-10) The right ovary 5-6 mm (vol 21. 47 cc) Num of cysts (7-8) After seeing this report, I have been given the tablets to be followed for 6 months (glyciphage 850) Doctor said I should reduce my weight, to get periods. How to reduce my weight? Still now I didn't have my periods? What should I do? Is there anything serious about this? What is the cause for PCOS? Can it be cured? Is there any thing to worry about with this? Please give me some idea about this! Thanks
Hi, I am 23 years old married women. Past last4 months I am trying to get pregnant. But every month am getting my periods. I don't know what is the reason. My weight is 66. Might be weight also one of the reason or not. I don't know. Now my period date is 13th oct. Please tell me when is my ovulation date.
The obesity epidemic around the world is getting worse day by day, though people are getting conscious about their health as well and a major portion of the fitness industry has grown around weight loss. It is easier said than done as many people lose their motivation for weight loss somewhere along the journey. There are however, some really easy steps that you can follow to ensure that you achieve your goals without them being too taxing on you.
Let's look at 5 easy ways to lose weight quickly:
1. Take walks, as frequently as possible: Without setting duration, it would be a good idea to incorporate walking into your schedule as often as possible. This will feel like less of a work out, but will still burn off many of the calories. Here are some things you can practically do:
- Take stairs whenever possible
- Do house cleaning chores, such as mopping or cleaning as regularly as possible as these are great calorie burners
- Park your car a little further away and walk to your destination or meetings
- If availing public transport get off a few stops earlier and walk to your destination.
2. Drink water right before meals: This is a great way to reduce portions automatically as drinking water right before a meal will fill up your stomach and result in you feeling not so hungry. Once your meal portions are reduced and continued over a long time this will help you lose weight.
3. Instead of focusing on foods you don't like, increase foods you like in your diet: This is very true of most diets as people tend to start having cravings when they deny themselves of food. Thus it is advisable to slowly change your diet overtime and incorporate healthy options such as certain fruits or low calorie snacks that you like and slowly replace the unhealthy options.
4. Use TV time as a quick exercise opportunity: If you are sitting in front of the TV, you can start a small regimen of doing a few free hand exercises when the commercials come up. Use everyday objects near you as weight or as support platforms to do exercises while you don't have to pay attention to what's going on screen.
5. Remember it is the journey rather than the destination, which matters: Many people tend to get engrossed about the end result and give up midway. You should remember that small things done correctly overtime can help you lose weight quickly and help you keep it off which is equally important.