Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayakumar S
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayakumar SYour feedback matters!
My cousin is recovering from psychosis. She is 19 year old now. She is fine now and doing her studies well but still is on medication of respideral 2 mg and censpram lite. Will She be able to live her life in the future like a normal person?
Sir can you tell me how can I avoid smoking. Can you tell me any medicine which help me to avoid smoking.
Hi I am 26 years male. Since from last 6 years im doing masturbation. So now days im feeling memory loss. Low sperm count. Laziness. Pickle mind. Etc. So please suggest me best way to improve my all weakness like memory loss. Low sperm count. How can I improve as soon as possible? recently I stop masturbation also.
Actually I am not in depression but its like a depression. Entire day I feel sad and don't talk to anyone. Get angry on everything. how can I overcome this situation if suffering ?
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.
I am so tired because since one week I hvnt sleep I m facing depression because of my job and feeling so alone so what can I do because of it my health dowm and I m so thin. Please help me and giving solution for this.
Dear Doctor, I suffer from hypertension and taking Concor 50 mg(after breakfast), Ecosprin75(after lunch) and Losar 25mg(after dinner), daily. My BP is under control but now and then I feel some kind of a sharp pain in my chest which lasts for a few minutes and then normalises. But for this, I'm quit fine and go for regular walks without any breathlessness. I'm not Diabetic and my lipid profile levels are all normal. Also now and then my BP shoots up 150/90. In spite of my normal ECG and Echo Cardiogram, my BP shoots up now then to 150/90. My age is 65 years. Kindly advise if I should undergo any other tests. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks.
2. Physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building.
3. Exercise breaks can help you get past mental fatigue and afternoon slumps. Even a short walk or a few jumping jacks can be enough to reboot your brain.